kevlar69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:15 PM

I didn't know wether to post this in xlink kai forum or here, it is to do with xbmc kai integration though so here goes. I like to use the pc UI when using xlink kai. If I launch kai on pc first, then turn xbox on, kai on pc shuts down when kai within xbmc starts. I hope that made sense!. I can't see anyway to stop xbmc/kai from starting. I've tried all options within kai config tool on pc but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I don't have user name/password filled in in xbmc/kai, and if I try to alter the ip address of kai engine ( to stop it finding kai on my pc ) xbox locks up.

Its only a small problem I know, which is easily bypassed by starting xbox first, but occaisionally I forget and its been bugging me for a while.

I'm using latest xbmc as a dash, I update it regularly.

thanks in advance

kevlar

Edited by kevlar69, 13 October 2005 - 02:21 PM.

#2 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

Use only the kai engine on the pc and fill in the user and pass in the settings of XBMC.

#3 kevlar69

kevlar69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think you missunderstood me. I don't want to use kai in xbmc. I want to use the pc UI. However it closes when it sees kai in xbmc start.

#4 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

And i gave you the solution.

You cant "turn off" kai in XBMC so what i wrote first is your best bet unless you put in a feature request and get one of the devs to implement a on/off switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users