wendinmikey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

TNA

love it, it's more "real" compared to wwe. but it's so cool how they're actually innovative not just "uhh let's try this and see if it raises our stats". sure the storylines aren't all that GREAT but they're not bad either. i actually like the hour long show too. cuz u watch wwe and it's two hours full of crappy wrestling, and endless rambling. wwe has like 1 maybe 2 good matches while tna hardly has 1 bad match.

so hands down TNA, i don't even watch wwe at ALL anymore, they suck, don't like them, and i'm so glad tna came out!

#17 BadNinja3

BadNinja3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

hey, where can i get ROH? it sounds interesting, but i dont kno how to see it. thanks.

#18 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

BadNinja3 check PM. BTW all those guys you talk about at TNA, like A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, Homicide and more, all where on ROH first. Wathed the new years Impact of TNA and it was good. So I better start following that too biggrin.gif

#19 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

TNA is worth watching.. if for no other reason that we'll see some of tomorrow WWE talent Today.

They might not want to admit it.. but the WWE isn't really concerned about competition with TNA. however, they also don't want to admit that they do eye some of that young talent.

You can't tell me that the WWE wans't a bit sore missing on the opportunity to sign STLES and Daniels last summer. Now both are in multi year deals with TNA.

Course.. there was no guarantee either of those guys wants a WWe work schedule over what they do now.

Also.. as annoying as Jarrett is.. I prefer to skip of Jarrett.. then to watch Vince on WWE.

VINCE is so done. I'd rather listen to the ice princess scream and bitch than watch Mr Gorilla McMahon walk to the ring.

#20 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:08 PM

The last TNA Impact 6 men tagteam match was just great! Very good moves and very entertaining to watch. Those X-division guys really are the future tongue.gif

#21 Dj Ryu

Dj Ryu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, designing stuff, Tennis, Pro-Wrestling amd Gaming!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2006 - 04:50 PM

Im half and half on this, TNA has the matches , WWE has the storylines and it's more known than TNA.

Heres a list of what both companies need:

TNA:

- Better Storylines
- 2 New championship titles ( T.V and Hardcore Title )
- More known wrestlers ( unsigned ones like Bret Hart, Sid Vicious, Lex Luger ect...)
- Tone down on the X Division ( Its Great, but they need more "plain wrestlers")
- Bigger Arenas, the Impact Zone is like the ECW Bingo Hall...
- House Shows/ National Impact Shows - PPV's
- A new look, it all looks the same, needs something new (overkill, looks like everything has been Photoshopped)

WWE:

- Better Storylines (sure, they are better than TNA's, but Stephanie and her team dont know what killer's they could make)
- No Raw / Smackdown brands, WWE Was better when they all wrestled under one Brand (WWF/E..)
- Kill off the Smackdown Tag-Titles.
- Killer matches, WWE is dirt compared to TNA's Match Vaccum... (lol)
- Better PPV's, Vengence, No Mercy, Armageddon ( Need to be replaced with some WCW ppv names, such as: Vengence: Souled Out, No Mercy: Sin and Armageddon: Greed)
- More respect to WCW, WWE treats it like dirt, even though WCW was the best promo for 2 years...( hey ECW got thier own PPV, how bout WCW for a change?)
- Make better wrestlers Champions ( i was glad Cena lost his title, cena sucks bad..)

Thats all, its my opinion you dont like it then tough luck!

#22 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:53 AM

Ive kinda tried to stay out of this thread as i tend to stay out of "what ____ is better" threads but id like to comment on a few points DJ Ryu made.

TNA's storylines are fine. Yeah theyre bland but would you rather have them have Double J fuck a corpse??

TNA doesnt need anymore championships, let alone 2 washed up WWE and WCW titles.

TNA has just about every washed up WWE release you could get. If they sign any more guys like AJ Styles, The naturals and Christopher Daniels will be pushed out in favor of 40 year old WWE releases. Plus Bret Hart is in very good standing with WWE and Vince McMahon so, for the moment at least, he has no reason to leave. Plus I think Lex Luger is in jail awaiting murder charges or something.....either way i think wrestling is or at least should be the last thing on his mind.

- Tone down on the X Division ( Its Great, but they need more "plain wrestlers")

Im not sure what you mean by that but I think the X Division is the one thing that sets TNA apart from WWE or anything else.

As for bigger arenas, TNA isnt ready for that yet. Though they are in talks with, coincidentally, the ECW arena to do house shows. Right now TNA is just trying to get their fanbase and trying to grow. When they get some traction they will start touring. It has only been a few months since TNA has moved to Spike TV.

TNA's arena has been remodled to lo9ok relatively different, other than the entrance pipe, which again to a point is good beccause its not what WWE is doing.

As for the WWE points I am in agreement for the most part on the strorylines but they have been getting much betetr since the move to USA.

I have been an opponent of the brand split since it happened but im starting to grow on it. Mainly because it gives more guys more chances to wrestle. If raw and smackdown were one would we even see batista or randy orton or edge or even john cena as champ today?? the brand split has allowed alot of mid card talent the chance to prove themselves.

If you kill the smackdown tag titles then you might as well kill the smackdown tag division....which simply wont happen.

As for as WWE's PPV names they are fine. They have been fine for 7+ years. And WWE has been taking some ideas from WCW (The Great American Bash)

WWE doesnt treat WCW like dirt. They withhold lots of great media from WCW though they show alot on their online 24/7 service. As far as a WCW ppv it is almost impossible because of the amount of talent WCW had. Plus WCW never had the cult status ECW had and still has.

AI also agree on making better people champions but the problem with that is they also have to make people who draw crowds the champion. Cena is immensly popular and for a while drew lots of crowds. Im still not 100% sure why he dropped the belt to Edge at NYR.....I was expecting it to happen at the Royal Rumble....but oh well.....lets enjoy it while we can.... Trips will have the belt by Wrestlemania.

#23 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

I like the technical wrestlers as well as the more extreme ones. But why are there still wrestlers around that can't wrestle? Big Show and Kane can't wrestle at all! They are just big, just like that Mark Henry! And on that note I might add that I really miss Eddie! He was great at technical wrestling as well as high risk moves.

And on the championship comments, I hope Triple H becomes the WWE Champion! Great entertainer with alot of fans!

Greetz!

#24 civic4200

civic4200

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:xbox, atv's
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Acrid @ Jan 16 2006, 12:41 PM) View Post

And on the championship comments, I hope Triple H becomes the WWE Champion! Great entertainer with alot of fans!

Greetz!

Triple H needs to get rid of his stupid sledgehammer and actually earn the belt

#25 Acrid

Acrid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(civic4200 @ Jan 16 2006, 04:08 PM) View Post

Triple H needs to get rid of his stupid sledgehammer and actually earn the belt

Now this is just a matter of opinion tongue.gif HHH is a heel wrestler and the sledgehammer is his gimmick. I admit he could use it less often but sometimes it just works. Like against the Big Show (yes, I don't like him tongue.gif)! I'm still hoping he gets the change and the win biggrin.gif

#26 Booker T

Booker T

X-S Genius

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

tna is better because they focus on wrestling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users