• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:13 AM

Hmmm... GamePro Magazine has siz or seven page hype fest of a game in which they call a GTA-killer, Saint's Row. This game, I believe, will be an Xbox 360 exclusive, but GP never specified. From the 23MB trailer for the game and all of the screenshots in the article, I can find myself struggling to get through the hype. I really hope that this game lives up to it's promise, or what GP blew out.

Saint's Row is a GTA-like game created by THQ. The game features gangs, just like the territory system as seen in, you know what. The real kicker is what I personally look forward to, the customization. White - Black, Fat - Scrawny, you can customize your character to your exact liking. Since, the game was seen behind closed doors, I couldn't really tell what the missions were going to be like, but GP said that they would be based on prior actions in the game. The cars are customizeable as well, and you know, since it is on the Xbox 360, that mean MORE. MORE cars, and options to do with them. Cool features are in no short supply here, I even find MYSELF not trying to hype this hame out. GP made it clear that there would be NO load times when in travel like in Vice City.

From the trailer that I saw, there was some instances of, cough, sexualy themes, so plan on seing prostitues. Drive-bys are said to be easier now, with new controls, so no Ghetto Mods, sorry XboxXbox451. The graphics in the preview were just incredible. Imagine Driver 3, and GTA: SA combined, but on a X360 system. I look forward to this game and all of it's features.

One downside that was pointed out was the lack of air vehicles. Sorry, people, no army helicopters.

.nF

#2 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:15 AM

Enough with the X-Killer hype believing. I doubt GTA gamers will stay with Saints Row when the enxt GTA game comes out, which nominates this as a failed 'killer'.
Wow, the main games gang wears GREEN, jsut like in GTA: SA! That makes it a Killer! It has cars and a city and you can customize your character, like in GTA! ohmy.gif

Stop it, you sound silly.

Edited by Carlo210, 15 October 2005 - 03:16 AM.

#3 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:15 AM

I can only imagine playing GTA VI, Driver 4, and Saint's Row, all on one system...

EDIT- The more games LIKE GTA, the better...

Wasn't Killzone a Halo-killer?

Edited by n00bFRAGGER, 15 October 2005 - 03:17 AM.

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Oct 15 2005, 04:26 AM)
I can only imagine playing GTA VI, Driver 4, and Saint's Row, all on one system...

View Post

Why? You can play Gta: SA, Driver 3, True Crimes, The Getaway, and whatever 'free-roam action title' on the Xbox. I see slim differences between them which make buying more than one similar to buying NBA 2k6 and nba 2006 and Nba street 4.

#5 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:20 AM

Replay values are stronger in Free roam environments, not sports games...

PLUS, these might actually be good games.

Edited by n00bFRAGGER, 15 October 2005 - 03:20 AM.

#6 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:21 AM

Well, after playing DRIV3R, I'll never buy number 4. It was without a doubt the worst, most bug laden game Ive ever witnessed. I sold it for a whole 15$ and played it for 30mins. My fault, should have rented.

#7 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Oct 15 2005, 04:26 AM)
Wasn't Killzone a Halo-killer?

View Post

Hey, I hear an alarm. Oh, it's the GET READY TO FLAME alarm.

Man, I don't want to give myself an ulser. Go play games in your 'YO DIS IS TEH ULTRA GT4 KILLER! MANM IT HAS CARS IN IT JUST LIKE IN GT4 AND YOU GET TO AQUIRE LICENSES, LIKE IN GT4' land and leave me alone, personally. And some of you gotta pipe down about us not letting people voice their opinion, because some of them are outright ridiculous. You can say what you wish, but don't be ignorant and expect no feedback.

I think everyone was expecting more flaming from me. Bottom line is I probably won't be sticking around here much when I get my 360 because I'll be keeping in contact with the members here which I like and keeping safe from members who are similar to the topic starter.

Edited by Carlo210, 15 October 2005 - 03:25 AM.

#8 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

Whoa, I was unaware that I hated GTA...

I already know that XboxScene members are in love with flaming other users.

#9 slayer61

slayer61

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

so where is this trailer at. if it is only on your drive than go to rapidshare.de and post the link for the trailer on this forum.

#10 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Oct 14 2005, 10:32 PM)
Hey, I hear an alarm. Oh, it's the GET READY TO FLAME alarm.

View Post

Back when Killzone was announced, PSM call the game a "Halo-killer"...

P.S., I type in PROPER English.

#11 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Oct 15 2005, 04:35 AM)
Whoa, I was unaware that I hated GTA...

I already know that XboxScene members are in love with flaming other users.

View Post

Funny how you weren't expecting it after saying 'Wasn't Killzone a Halo killer?"
It just makes you sound so foolish that you actually use the 'killer' term when shopping and hyping yourself up for a game. Having something have "Is this the next ???-Killer!??!" or "This is the ???-Killer!! in the headline makes me just ignore the game alltogether. (Read: EVERY Ps2 game which involved guns was hyped as being a 'halo killer', yet none of them even got close. Heck, Ratchet and Clank: U.Y.A. was hyped to be the next a Halo killer'. I don't have time for that kind of marketing and hype junk, maybe you do.

#12 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:30 AM

It's on Filefront.com somewhere...

#13 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(n00bFRAGGER @ Oct 15 2005, 04:38 AM)
Back when Killzone was announced, PSM call the game a "Halo-killer"...
P.S., I type in PROPER English.

View Post

Well you don't get your points across because you said KILLZONE WAS A HALO KILLER, not KILLZONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HALO KILLER.

Like I said, every game on the PS2 which involved guns was 'supposed' to be THE Halo killer.

History bites.

#14 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:32 AM

I'm quoting the whole GTA-killer deal from GamePro...

Can we get back on topic?

#15 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:40 AM

Carlo's loose facts:

Fact #1: You can't know before it comes out.

Fact #2: Anything can be said/'hyped' (sounds like a fanboyish word, but that's the term) to be a 'killer' of another game in it's genre to increase sales and/or pre-release buzz.

Fact #3: Since this is the same situation as with the Halo Killer deal, and that Gta has been out for 3-4 times the amount halo has been out, you should jsut do your math.

Fact #4: The game mimicks GTA: SA too much as it is. Things like this rarely go well, and even if it does, read below.

I think this ame will be great for what it is, I'm in no way cashing this game/franchise. I'm just saying that there is no way that this game/franchise will stay on the top when GTA starts throwing out another gta title (since it has been that way on 3-somewhat consoles so far).

Edited by Carlo210, 15 October 2005 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users