#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

now i know most of you will be thinking that they are pulling a Kenny K by yelling out fighting words. but from the article they arent downplaying the ps3 or calling it a ps2.5. IMO they are saying things that a lot of us have been saying ever since Kenny first started his verbal assaults. i just thought this article was amusing. they are wrong in that i dont think that sony will have to do anything at all to excite people for the ps3 as they are already excited for it without even knowing anything about it.

this post was just for fun so no huge flaming or insults to anyone. biggrin.gif

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e_shots_at_sony!

#2 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

Link broken.

#3 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

sorry

damn it i tried 4 times to put the stupid site on here and it wont work.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/

its at that site in the upper right hand corner, im sure no on can miss J Allards bald head. if anyone else can post the link by all means please, it usually works fine for me but once its posted it doesnt want to work

Edited by KAGE360, 15 October 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

Allard & Co fire shots at Sony!
14 Oct 2005 5:46pm

With Japanese interest rising, let the war of the words begin!

With the successful X05 event behind them, MS execs have a right to be in a bullish mood.

They are attempting the first ever ‘global’ launch of a new console and figures in the weeks Famitsu magazine suggest that interest in their machine has increased by 1.9% (up to 23.9% from 22% previously reported) in Japan – traditionally MS’s sales banana skin.

So a few self assured comments from MS supremo’s are hardly a surprise. Especially when you consider both Sony and Nintendo will launch their own next-gen machines some time after the Xbox 360.

Speaking to MCV, Xbox UK boss Neil Thompson said this on the situation “I’ll be happy to compete whenever they turn up (Sony), but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not until spring ’07 - if they hit Xmas ’06, then maybe it’ll be a very thin launch; a launch in name only.”

Not to be outdone, Xbox head honcho J Allard also weighed in – this time bemoaning Sony’s lack of playable software at any of this years gaming shows “We don't want to hide behind videos, we don't want to hide behind CGI movies, we don't want to hide behind false promises – everything we showed on stage was real. Our medium is an interactive one. Showing isn't enough." 

Chief Xbox officer Robbie Bach was surprised with Sony’s lack of firm details with a supposed launch of the PS3 early next year; he commented “I was stunned they didn’t announce anything at E3 or TGS. Whatever they do, they’re going to be chasing us for a long, long time.”

The final word has to go to Allard though, tearing a can of whoop ass open with his teeth he said “There’s a big gap between what Sony claims and what they’ve shown. You might have thought our X05 presentation was a bit on long side, but they’ll need an eight-hour press conference pretty soon just to give people confidence in that spring ’06 date they’ve mentioned. There’s a lot of stuff they just don’t have in place yet. They make nice movies, though”

Oh snap! There we were thinking that earring was a clip on!

For responses to this verbal assault and for any future comments coming out of the MS camp (perhaps a cleaner would like to tear a strip off of Sony for poor dress sense and bad haircuts), keep it www.OXM.co.uk

#5 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

We don't want to hide behind videos, we don't want to hide behind CGI movies, we don't want to hide behind false promises – everything we showed on stage was real. Our medium is an interactive one. Showing isn't enough.

Nah, that's why at E3, 80% of your shit was CG, 'artists impressions' videos.

That's why we've yet to see a single direct feed video of a finished product.

That's why you're launching in a few weeks with gamers not knowing what is real and what is not...
- will AA be suddenly turned on with the flick of a switch in games?
- will Oblivion flick the switch and suddenly turn on shadows like the big headed developers say and then will the frame rate hold up?
- has the Perfect Dark media been a hoax and it really does look better than a current gen Xbox game or have you spent zillions on a dud company?
- why are EA releasing a hundred launch titles that have shiploads of missing features from their current gen versions, while still being graphically 'crappy'?

MS have rushed this console out, hoping to get the same lead in sales that the PS2 had yet now they seem to be packing shit, hoping the PS3 isn't using this extra time to blow them away, scared that they may be lost in the middle just like the Dreamcast was.

Edited by corkinator, 15 October 2005 - 10:33 PM.

#6 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 15 2005, 10:42 PM)

That's why you're launching in a few weeks with gamers not knowing what is real and what is not...
- will Oblivion flick the switch and suddenly turn on shadows like the big headed developers say and then will the frame rate hold up?
- has the Perfect Dark media been a hoax and it really does look better than a current gen Xbox game or have you spent zillions on a dud company?
- why are EA releasing a hundred launch titles that have shiploads of missing features from their current gen versions, while still being graphically 'crappy'?

MS have rushed this console out, hoping to get the same lead in sales that the PS2 had yet now they seem to be packing shit, hoping the PS3 isn't using this extra time to blow them away, scared that they may be lost in the middle just like the Dreamcast was.

View Post

I hear you.

#7 mathias

mathias

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:05 PM

what we got 4 more weeks.... or 2 more to see the kiosk at your local game place it does feel like the most rushed luanch I have ever seen

#8 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(mathias @ Oct 15 2005, 11:16 PM)
what we got 4 more weeks.... or 2 more to see the kiosk at your local game place  it does feel like the most rushed luanch I have ever seen

View Post

There are none in the UK.

#9 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:16 PM

MS have rushed this console out, hoping to get the same lead in sales that the PS2 had yet now they seem to be packing shit, hoping the PS3 isn't using this extra time to blow them away, scared that they may be lost in the middle just like the Dreamcast was

Gotta be one of the stupidest things i ever read around here.........anyways, not trying to start a flame war or anything, on to more intelligent discussion.......

I personally dont like the shots that MS been taking, though theyre not as bad as Kenny's were but they still seem like bad taste to me. I mean if its looking bad for sony right now, we dont need MS to show us that........ it already shows.

#10 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 15 2005, 05:42 PM)

View Post

how you come up with this stuff is beyond me. how was 80% of their vids at E3 CGI? they were real time (except a choice few titles) and thats why people werent impressed compared to sony's CGI movies that they were showing. how are you going to see footage of a finished game when none of the games were finished when they were shown. how many times must people like you need to be told that these are launch games that werent built for the 360, so how are they supposed to take advantage of the 360 technology when 80% of their development was used on altered macs? giving out alpha kits over a year ago isnt waiting till the last minute and shit happens in this industry or else im sure they would have had the final dev kits in the devs hands when they wanted to without any delays. again how is it MS's fault that EA can program worth a shit and doesnt care to actually put effort into how their next gen games look?

MS knows that they cant get the same lead as the ps2 because sony had 2 years to gain their lead. they just wanted to be first out the game as they have said from the beginning.

you say MS is rushing this thing out when i say it cant get here fast enough. unlike you i understand the facts of launching a system as i have waited and experienced many of them. and for what MS is pulling off (worldwide launch, final dev kits coming in late, getting more games developed for their console then any other before the system's launch) they are doing it better then any other company can.

i wonder when the system is finally out and we get oblivion and other games in our hands meeting our expectations will people like you come out and say you were wrong? im guessing no, but sure as hell bet that there are others that will remember all those that had nothing better to do then stay on a forum for a console that they say nothing good about.

then people like you spew your "opinion", which is fine, but then it influences people like ozy who one day will say OMG that looked amazing (talking about whatever game) i cant wait to get this system!! and the next day agreeing with rubbish that people like you spit up. its not nice to play with peoples minds.

like i said orginally this post was meant for light fun and not some kind of assanine comments but thanks for changing that. my opinion on their comments is yeah they may not be needed but atleast they are giving their opinion when more is known about the ps3's progress (which isnt much). considering past playstation launches it would be assumed that if sony actually had more of their plans together then they would be showing it all off to try to steal some thunder out of the 360 hype. and again i thought that what they said was what a lot of people here were thinking, IF they were releasing the console in japan in the spring then they should have a lot more info to show and tell about the ps3. if they even had the same amount of content about the ps3 and MS did back at E3 for the 360 then that would be suitable but they dont because they arent as far along as they would like people to believe.

Edited by KAGE360, 15 October 2005 - 11:37 PM.

#11 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 15 2005, 11:43 PM)

then people like you spew your "opinion", which is fine, but then it influences people like ozy who one day will say OMG that looked amazing (talking about whatever game) i cant wait to get this system!! and the next day agreeing with rubbish that people like you spit up.  its not nice to play with peoples minds. 

View Post

Lol. Oblivion is amazing. It's just the launch games ex oblivion don't seem as next gen as other next gen games were in previous launches, that's all.

I'm going to enjoy PD0. But I wouldn't call it next gen and ground breaking.

#12 medafor

medafor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 15 2005, 11:42 PM)

View Post

WHATEVER MAN! if you would take the time to read the devs comments, they have all promised that they will have rock solid framerates and shadows. if not the games will be pushed back until they are. you have no idea how production works. MS just gave there devs the kits recently. dev kits allow you to add all the effects and optimize your geometry to flow smoothly on the hardware. for example, the past 3 years they have been working on oblivion, but on UBER PROTOTYPE PC/MAC hardware. they get the dev kits and transform that data to xbox 360, takes alot of tweaking. they have very very large staffs. something like realtime shadows can be implemented in a day. at x05 alot of the builds were very old. there not going to compile a new build just for the freaking shadows, they probaly didnt have the dev kits yet. all the title will address the issues needed.

#13 medafor

medafor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:56 PM

oh yeah xbox and ps3 both run off 3.2 ghz processors. as far as bluray, that size of media really is not needed with a freaking hard drive. it just more expensive to make. ps3 has a slight technical advantage, but nothing that the xbox 360 cant pull off in one way or another. plus its hell of expensive to produce for the ps3. but go ahead and possibly wait till 2007., im playing next gen...next month. you guys need to understand xbox 360 launch titles were rushed not the system. it was built pefectly to supprot next gen, if that wasnt true ps3 spec would be projected to be twice the power of xbox...its not. matter of fact 75% of the current next gen titles are for both systems.

Edited by medafor, 15 October 2005 - 11:58 PM.

#14 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 15 2005, 06:56 PM)
Lol. Oblivion is amazing. It's just the launch games ex oblivion don't seem as next gen as other next gen games were in previous launches, that's all.

View Post

i have to ask though, how many console launches have been in? as for only oblivion being next gen and rest not, thats your opinion when there are far more people who know the technicalities of what is going on the games behind the scenes who would want to prove you wrong.

#15 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Oct 15 2005, 06:56 PM)

View Post

Ozy, how many launch titles have been ground breaking? If you remember, which I don't believe you do, when halo came out the sony boys were just crying out "RED FACTION, RED FACTION".

Sure you can dumb down the physics, graphics, gameplay, level size, and number of players on screen in PD0 and have it on xbox, but can't you do that with any game? Tell me what you want to see that can not be put on xbox!

Hmmmm... Maybe the physics in Oblivion and the number of players on screen in Kameo. (The Kameo devs were able to put 250 times the number of players on screen when they switched to the 360.)

Also what more do you fucking want from PD0! What would make it "next gen" in your opinion!

http://www.gametrail...age.php?id=2184
check the one below the soundtrack

I want answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users