#1 backyardmovies

backyardmovies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:22 AM

Ok here's a question for you softmod God's...hehe. I have softmodded about 12-20 here in the last couple of days. Then there was the softmod from hell. Maybe you guys can help me out on this one. Here is what I did and what happened step by step so you can tell me what to do from here or what I did wrong or both. The Xbox version is 1.6. Ok I did the hotswap like I always do....just like Jhendrixx's guide. Well it didn't work...came up with error 21. So I put a retail game in the Xbox and hotswaped again....unistalled UDE and made it back to normal. The thing I didn't do is get the eprom.bin file...why...not sure guess was in a hurry. Anyways....so now it's back to stock HD again. So I try the hotswap again....well now it tell's me that some files aren't there. Well I loaded it anyhow to see what the error is and it's 09. Which is something about kernal errors.. So I turned it back into regular stock HD....my question is. How do I get the eprom off the HD.... either with a windows program or whatever...I tried one but couldn't find the right .dll to use the program. Or if anyone can tell me how to get the stock back to normal so I can try the hotswap again with out the errors in it....that would be ok to. Any advice is needed...thanks for your time.

Backyardmovies

#2 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(backyardmovies @ Oct 16 2005, 08:33 AM)
my question is. How do I get the eprom off the HD....

View Post

After the mod is installed, in Evox, go to Settings--->Backup. Then FTP into your xbox and look into E:\dash:\Backup. Copy the entire contents of the folder over to your computer.

#3 backyardmovies

backyardmovies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

Here is the thing though.... it won't take the softmod. It gives me an error 09 so I return it back to the stock HD

#4 vingasoline

vingasoline

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

if you are doing so many softmods, why not buy the mem card and exploitable game.. It's so much quicker, and you will probably have less problems. Just a suggestion.

#5 backyardmovies

backyardmovies

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

Because this method has worked all times before....usually it only takes like 5 mins. Just had this one with bad kernals or whatever.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users