Awesome recommends!

#17 Topho

Topho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:50 PM

I know this is Xbox-Scene, but I've got a PC recommend.

The They Hunger Series of mods for Half Life 1 are truly incredible, and must be played by anyone who likes a good mod. Scary, creepy, great atmosphere. The zombies are coming and you have to get out. Everyone around you has turned, even the authorities. A great mod and highly recommended. Easily 2-3 hours of awesome playing.

Another great game/mod/level is the RE1 and RECO levels for SvenCoop(A mod for Half-Life 1). They are built around the Resident Evil series and are alot of fun to play with a bunch of people on the internet. Very spooky I think. Survival horror coop is great fun.

Another mod for Half-Life 1 that it fun for Halloween is Swiss Cheese Halloween 2002. I enjoyed playing that one. Kind of a spoof on all the horror out there. The Tv's playing Scream and Excorcist music in the houses is awesome. The levels are also decked out with lots of fall colors. Not huge production value, but very fun nontheless. Recommened.

Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 for the PS2 are other great examples of survival horror coop. I find them extremely entertaining.

Again. Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube. Ultimate classic. Must be played.

I'll continue to think of other games. Keep em coming.

Edited by Topho, 20 October 2005 - 11:53 PM.

#18 ksch2778

ksch2778

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

What about the first Silent Hill on PS1. That game was crazy!!!
Nightmare Creatures I and II on N64
The House Of The Dead series on Dreamcast or X-box (With 2 light-guns of course)

#19 NOMERCYX

NOMERCYX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

How can you forget the series that was made for Holloween, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and all other Castlevavia games that came before it!

#20 SuTech

SuTech

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

I second the Fatal Frames recommendation. My wife and I played it together and were doing a lot of startled jumps. Just last night I got the Call of Cthulhu game for Xbox and that does a pretty good job of freaking you out.

#21 Topho

Topho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Guess what time of year it is again guys? IT'S OCTOBER.

I want to start the ball rolling by suggestinga couple great games for a spooky october night.

Dead Rising (Xbox 360) ---Definately instills some dread in me, nothing really frightening.

They Hunger Half-Life Mod Series (PC) ----If you want to play the ULTIMATE zombie FPS expierence this is it. If you haven't played this, you must NOW. It's awesome. Very Very spooky.

Resident Evil 1 (Gamecube) - The king of all things spooky. The piano melody still resides in my memory bank. I love the Gamecube version. The shark tank is the ultimate in scare factor. RE has a great story too.

Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube)----An absolute must play. Very spooky.

Resident Evil Maps for Sven Coop Mod for Half-Life---Not much is better than reliving the horror, except with some friends inside the Half Life 1 engine. A must play.

Let's hear some more guys. Very SPPOOOKY>

#22 Topho

Topho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

Bump.

#23 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:58 AM

Fatal frame. No contest!

#24 Topho

Topho

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:15 AM

Did I previously mention the Ocean Hotel Level from Vampire Bloodlines. It is probably the most atmospheric level I have ever played. Probably the best level I've ever played period. It is extremely spooky and should not be missed. Heck, Vampire Bloodlines shouldn't be missed period. The entire games is soaked in atmosphere, and I would love to be playing it in the days prior to Halloween. It's an awesome game. Nobody should miss it.
Its relative to Deus Ex in gameplay, simply incredible. If you overlook the flaws (Or Patch It LOL), its really a great game.

#25 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

Obscure might be of some "help" to get the heebee-geebee's.

Doom 3 would've been one of my choices too.

Call of Chtulhu (spelling might be bad). Definitely Fatal Frame. But, of course all of these have been mentioned, but anyone think of Evil Dead:Regeneration. Not the greatest game but worth a laugh or 2.

#26 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

The games mentioned below are all available for the Xbox. They do fit the Halloween theme.

Games which simply must be played during Halloween:
Fatal Frame ("Project Zero" in Europe)
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut ("Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly Director's Cut" in Europe)

A bit more unusual:
Hunter: The Reckoning
Hunter: The Reckoning - Redeemer

The Hunter series are not extremely 'scary', but they do have that Halloween feeling. It's recommended to play these games with one or two friends. Up to four players on a single Xbox are supported. Cooperative gameplay, but no System Link support.

If you are looking for a FPS, try Painkiller: Hell Wars.

Edited by The Zep Man, 17 October 2006 - 08:59 AM.

#27 kimota2004

kimota2004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:58 PM

A game that doesn't take itself quite as serious as some of those posted, fits the Hlalloween theme very well and is a fun little, not often talked about game. It's gotta be Grabbed by the Ghoulies! cool.gif

#28 ROBES

ROBES

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

Painkiller is pretty good.With dead guys chasing you.Its for the pc or xbox

#29 keine

keine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

Its that time of year once again. I have some new recommends.

May I suggest Vampire Bloodlines. Apart from being one of the best games I've ever played....up there with Deus Ex IMOHO, its pretty darn creepy in ALOT of places. It also contains the scariest level I have ever played, but in a creepy, spooky good way.

I am also going to try play Eternal Darkness for the gamecube this year, since I never got around to it ever. It is a spooky games I've heard.

Thief 3 for the Xbox has "The Cradle" level which is a great one. The game is overall a great game with a pretty good helping of atmosphere.

Anybody else have any recommends. I actually lean towards spooky, scary vs. demented scary. But thats a gray line I suppose.

I'm just trying to get that spooky October feeling again, like I had when I was a kid. Games and Movies only help the process.

Edited by keine, 02 October 2007 - 11:03 PM.

#30 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

"D"
I played it on 3d0, it was awesome (then). It might still be okay.
http://www.mobygames...ame/d/cover-art

Will it play on DOSBOX?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users