aepuppetmaster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:52 AM

i want to make myself an adapter that lets me use a normal microdrive with the psp
(simmilar to the thing thats coming from datel but a lot cheaper). i need someone knowledgeable to tell me if this will work. if u have a compact flash to usb adapter, conect it to a memorystick pro duo adapter with a usb cable and then make myself a conecter to the psp with an old memory stick pro duo and a solder gun (lol) will it work
or do i need to have a usb host and things like that. i really wish i could, and i came to the xbox scene forums cuz im a member and the ppl on pspupdates forums are well...in a word...retarded. thanks

#2 bruteostrich

bruteostrich

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:49 AM

I'll say no, it won't work, simply because the right power needs to be present for the usb, and since you aren't connecting it to any usb controller, it won't work. Now it might be possible with some sort of microcontroller, but I don't know what power voltage ms duo gives out.

#3 aepuppetmaster

aepuppetmaster

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:03 PM

does anyone else know anything about this

#4 Psykomantis00

Psykomantis00

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:55 PM

You could run it off of a battery. Just add a battery, 1.5 might work, just do some research on the micro drive, and on USB technology and find out how much power is outputted by a normal usb port on a pc for your mictodrive.

#5 blagmaster

blagmaster

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:15 PM

5 volt

0 user(s) are reading this topic