#1 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

There's a new PGR3 video here, and it's a night race for a change.

Before the usual people complain about it not looking that good in-car this version is probably 4 weeks old now (version at X05 was 3-4 weeks old) and it looks like the shaders and stuff have been turned off for the in-car view at least.

The scary bit it the left wing-mirror. At the start of the race it's fine and gives a nice sharp image (but it looks a bit flat, possible because of shaders) but around 55 seconds in he drives into the wall and breaks it. When it switches back into in car view you can see the cracked mirror. Odd thing is it seems to look more realistic when it's broken.

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2163_en.html

Xboxyde also have a new 3D screen shot showing the fancy paint effects on one of the TVRs.
http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2162_en.html

#2 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

That has GOT to be a joke. This is PGR3?

#3 Mandalore

Mandalore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

Yea I think your right about the shaders being off. The mirror does infact looks a little more real and it's the fact that it isn't perfect. It hink thats one of the main problems with game these days is that all the visuals are so perfect looking that it's easier to tell they are fake. It is getting better by far and it's probably going to be gone with this gen.

#4 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

the hands look really bad...

#5 kendrid

kendrid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:58 PM

I watched this on my 55" HTDV and I wasn't impressed. Far from 'photorealistic'. Hopefully this is a very old build where they hadn't worked on night mode much.

The other vids seem pretty good.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:04 PM

all of you people who arent impressed and are whining obviously dont know the effect that shaders have on the look of a game. ill leave it at that.

#7 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:06 PM

why would you leave it at that, you know atleast 10 more people are gonna come in here and say it doenst look good so explain

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(wasting @ Oct 19 2005, 09:17 AM)
why would you leave it at that, you know atleast 10 more people are gonna come in here and say it doenst look good so explain

View Post

think about it, whats makes the water in xbox games look good, what makes fur look good, what makes the grass stand up, or the stubble on the face of a character? shaders. if you want to learn about it then, like some of us, go out and read about the effects they have on a games looks.

Edited by KAGE360, 19 October 2005 - 02:13 PM.

#9 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

wow, thanks for the educated response on what a shade is.

#10 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(wasting @ Oct 19 2005, 01:12 PM)
wow, thanks for the educated response on what a shade is.

View Post

im not a developer with all the technical details, atleast i can see when shaders are being used and have a basic idea how they effect the look of a game. like i said if u want to know that bad (any of you people), do some work on your own and learn about it yourself

im not the one bitching about things i know nothing about

#11 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

im not bitching about the shading, obviously its not complete, so what id say i was bitching about would be why do they release a movie/pic of something thats not completely done, it just makes it look bad

#12 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(wasting @ Oct 19 2005, 01:49 PM)
im not bitching about the shading, obviously its not complete, so what id say i was bitching about would be why do they release a movie/pic of something thats not completely done, it just makes it look bad

View Post

i understand that but to the people who do understand what is activated and whats not they put all that into consideration KNOWING that everything will be put into effect in the final product. with unfinished videos i look for things that impress me (like the mirror) and not bad things that i know wont be in the final game.

#13 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

I know what your saying KAGE and im sure you know your video games but shaders have zilch to do with the hands jerking around like a robot.

#14 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Heet @ Oct 19 2005, 02:20 PM)
I know what your saying KAGE and im sure you know your video games but shaders have zilch to do with the hands jerking around like a robot.

View Post

oh well no one ever said anything about jerky hands tongue.gif i thought the complaint was towards how the hands looked not moved. i still wouldnt worry about it though, all the vids ive seen with the in dash veiw the hands moved rather well. sorry for the confusion of complaints, carry on if you guys wish. biggrin.gif

#15 scooby_dooby

scooby_dooby

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Heet @ Oct 19 2005, 08:20 PM)

View Post

No that would be your imagination. The animation on the hands is fluid and it's fine.

BTW, PRG didn't 'release' this video so quit bitching, they released the 3D flash image which looks amazing.

This video is off a CAMCORDER and was recorded at X05 which was an opportunity for journalists to play some EARLY BUILDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users