#1 Wedding-shirt

Wedding-shirt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

http://www.gameranki...ges2/531883.asp

To me the graphics suck and the game sucks but I guess some people here are interested in it.

I haven't seen another post that mentions this game has been reviewed so I thought i'd post it. beerchug.gif

#2 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:08 AM

pc for me
so i can play arena

#3 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Oct 19 2005, 09:32 PM)
To me the graphics suck and the game sucks but I guess some people here are interested in it.

Suck, huh? That's pretty harsh thing to say. It's not exactly a jaw-dropper but these graphics don't suck. They're pretty much on par what's expected from average PC game these days.

I dislike the enemies (most of them look downright ridiculous), but the environment is well done and atmosphere is .. umm .. atmospheric. Lots of Doom 3-like elements, but this time you can actually see where you're going or step outside.

I think the problem here is that we tend to look these screenshots as "yet another PC screenshots", not realizing how awesome it is to actually get that game running in that little white box and on your living room big screen tv.

A game that doesn't lose to its PC counterpart - that's the first time in oh-so-many years.

Edited by jizmo, 20 October 2005 - 11:21 AM.

#4 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

i have it and i think the graphics are better than doom 3.

#5 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:27 PM

its using a enhanced verison of the doom 3 engine

#6 Wedding-shirt

Wedding-shirt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(ravage73 @ Oct 20 2005, 08:26 AM)
i have it and i think the graphics are better than doom 3.

View Post

What about the outdoor areas? I've been reading that they look a lot worse than the indoor areas. What's your take on the matter?

Edited by Wedding-shirt, 20 October 2005 - 08:59 PM.

#7 HaloFool90

HaloFool90

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:15 AM

Just wondering, can Quake 4 have co-op on one screen, my friend and I wanted to play it launch day but he cant afford his own Xbox 360 so we'll only have one. sorry if this has been answered before.

#8 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(Wedding-shirt @ Oct 20 2005, 05:07 PM)
What about the outdoor areas? I've been reading that they look a lot worse than the indoor areas. What's your take on the matter?

View Post

the skybox textures look like crap. but everything else looks VERY detailed. so when u play in the outdoor areas, just dont look up.

#9 jdsony

jdsony

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

Not interested in this one at all. The reviews and screenshots have turned me off and I wasn't that excited about it to begin with. I don't think the Doom 3 engine will catch on nearly as much as the Quake 3 engine did. It just doesn't seem to be as robust. Quake 4 looks ok but I don't like the direction they went with the game. The game just seems to look like an extension of Doom 3, as does PREY. When that starts to happen it's a sure sign that the engine technology is more of a gimmick than anything else. I'm being a little harsh so I think I'll give the game a chance. I just wish they didn't follow Quake 2 and made it a little more gothic like Quake/Quake 3. We all know that the Doom 3 engine can do a space setting on a strange planet/moon and I've never been a huge fan of space shooters.

Edited by jdsony, 21 October 2005 - 10:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users