• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:01 AM

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2170_en.html
Lookin' good. smile.gif

Edited by Carlo210, 20 October 2005 - 02:10 AM.

#2 110100100

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:13 AM

just watched,....

cant wait!!!!
beerchug.gif

#3 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

looks great!

#4 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:27 PM

I wish there were sound...and we could watch a video of someone who can actually play a fps...

guy in the video...I have an idea if I shoot them in the leg they might die...npe guess I will go for the gut...nope I'll try smacking them...nope well I guess I have to go for a head shot...

The other thing I noticed is the bodies dissapear...this pisses me off... grr.gif

Alos while the game looks great...it looks a little to good...everything is perfect tongue.gif with the exception of the horrible car designs...if that is what we will be driving in the future count me out.

Can't wait to get this game tongue.gif

#5 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

it looks as if the controls are horribly stiff.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

the game looks great. doenst matter how "not next gen" some may think it looks, i love how clean and crisp it looks without even using AA. i always saw potential but couldnt get past all the lack of clarity in the game to get into it, now i know i can enjoy the series how it was meant without wanting to stab my eyes out. tongue.gif

#7 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:10 PM

Nice Vid love.gif

Really looking forward to some online co-op mode.

#8 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(ravage73 @ Oct 20 2005, 03:27 PM)
it looks as if the controls are horribly stiff.

View Post

Stiff? huh.gif
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Personally it looks to me like the person playing the demo has never played a first person shooter in his/her life tongue.gif

As is the case with just about every PDZ and COD2 video I've seen, where do these people come from? haha....

This is probably the best video yet. I love the way the characters react to specific targeted shots.
The frame rate looks rock solid and motion blur does wonders for 30 fps.
We've already seen what it can do for games like PGR3 and GOW.
I mean the problem with 30 fps was always that it sort of stood out when ever there was quick action in the game or when the camera quickly swung from one side to another. Motion blur gets rid of this problem, who would've known beerchug.gif

#9 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

the person playing the game sucks

#10 Shinamano

Shinamano

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

Context sensitive shots are a thing of beauty...I am just upset the bodies dissapear.

#11 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

To be honest If you would not have said anything I never would have noticed. The only instance that I really saw that looked kinda awkward was at the end of the clip at around the 7 min mark, she shoots the guy at the street corner and his body disappears before he even hits the ground blink.gif

#12 corkinator

corkinator

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

Looks like Goldeneye in a lot of ways. Stiff controls, almost like the targetting is being done by face buttons like the N64. (Unless the player is at fault)

And the context sensitive shot animation is similar to Goldeneye and from the other video she shoots a guy then his buddy looks back behind him in almost the same 'stupid AI' way they did in Goldeneye. Haven't Rare improved anything or learnt anything in 10 years? They took so long to make anything of note since being a big fish in a little pond and now they are way behind the times. Goodnight to them I think. What a waste of money.

#13 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 20 2005, 04:03 PM)
Looks like Goldeneye in a lot of ways. Stiff controls, almost like the targetting is being done by face buttons like the N64. (Unless the player is at fault)

And the context sensitive shot animation is similar to Goldeneye and from the other video she shoots a guy then his buddy looks back behind him in almost the same 'stupid AI' way they did in Goldeneye. Haven't Rare improved anything or learnt anything in 10 years? They took so long to make anything of note since being a big fish in a little pond and now they are way behind the times. Goodnight to them I think. What a waste of money.

View Post

well, at least u understand what i mean by stiff controls. every vid i have seen looks this way. it just doesnt look very smooth to me. ill still play it though.

#14 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:59 PM

Judging by the fact that no video game publication or website has complained about these "stiff controls", I'll pin that on the person playing.

Sometimes it becomes so obvious that they just don't know what they are doing as they're wrestling with inverted controls.

#15 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:11 AM

Stiff controls?

The person playing rarely used the right stick at all. He/she used the left stick for moving and aiming. That's why there are so many kneecap shots, they never look up.

I've seen many people do this with lots of shooters the first time they play.

This person definitely wasn't used to playing a FPS.

But, wow this game is looking better every time I see it.

This game could never have been on the Xbox in this form. People need to shut their mouths about PDZ not being next gen.

I think this game looks better than 99% of all current games on the market. Isn't that next gen enough?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users