X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(bluvasa @ Oct 20 2005, 09:22 PM)
I think this game looks better than 99% of all current games on the market.  Isn't that next gen enough?

View Post

Nope, not for some of these people grr.gif

#17 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:19 AM

I guess some peoples' expectations can never be met.

Maybe I should set unrealistics standards so I can be let down like everyone else. blink.gif

No, I think I will stay content with gradual improvement versus earth-shaking breakthroughs in games and hardware.

#18 autiger

autiger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:59 PM

Yeah I agree with those of you who wonder why people complain about this not being next-gen enough... For one, graphics shouldn't be the only judge, but really I think the game looks good enough and the animation in the game is looking very smooth. Another thing depends on the gameplay, what's to say that these enemies won't be much more intelligient than we are used to on the current gen, wouldn't an advance in enemy AI consititute a leap to next gen also?? Anyways I don't think many on this board have any had a chance to play this game, so you can't really say how you feel about the game totally, and as far as it playing like Goldeneye.....man I'd love it, I can't tell you how many console 1st person shooters I have played that I have hated the controls on...the only ones I really ever appreciated besides Goldeneye have been the Halo games and a few army games (like first to fight....but even then you aren't doing a run and gun kind of thing so it's hard to tell how smooth the controls are).....

But hey, if you don't like it, that's your opinion, and that's fine with me....I am pretty sure I'll be getting PDZ.............now if I could only get confirmation on exactly when Condemned is coming out I'll be a really happy camper.... (and also if my Auburn Tigers can beat LSU this weekend)........

#19 ravage73

ravage73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:08 PM

dont get me wrong guys, i still think the game looks great. i just hope the person playing in the vids suck and not the controls.

#20 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:42 PM

As long as the game allows control config to legacy settings and has thumb stich sensitivy setting then this game will be my primary shooter.

I bet that there will be a settings section for controlls, rare always have countless options.

I just wonder what the story line is, perfect dark had a great story line full of twisted.

Just one thing wrong with this game though, why the hell has joanna got an american acent! She is british god damn it! grr.gif

*mummble to himself* Bleeding UK dev and they don't even have the main character have a real english sound to her, probably the only chance this gen to have a british main character*/mummbling*

Edited by Ozy, 21 October 2005 - 05:42 PM.

#21 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

PDZ sucks!
Just look at all those jaggies! rotfl.gif

#22 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Oct 21 2005, 06:02 PM)
PDZ sucks!
Just look at all those jaggies! rotfl.gif

View Post

They used motion blur instead of AA for some reason, pisses me off but nothing that can be done, I blame M$ for liying and rushing.

#23 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

I was being sarcastic with all the hoopla over the kiosks thing, there aren't any jaggies there tongue.gif
The motion blur only happens when there is, well motion.
I actually like the motion blur, it makes the quick action in a 30 fps game look smoother.

#24 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

I can't wait for the x360, mostly because my xbox is broken and all I can play is my PC games which are few. But Oblivion and PD0 are my games on launch, I was going to get others but two will do me for now.

#25 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

Hell man, Oblivion alone is more than enough tongue.gif
PDZ will be the one I get on launch for sure.
I'm still not sure which title I'll be picking up along with it.
I guess it's going to to come down to a game time decision, so it will depend on the game reviews.

Right now Oblivion, DOA 4, Kameo, and COD 2 (although it would suck to get two FPS titles at launch) are fighting for the number two spot.

#26 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Oblivion blew my mind in the E3 vid and new interview posted today shows that the x360 is handeling the graphics great.

#27 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

That's great news, and it's a good indication of why the game missed the US launch dead line.
Bethesda still needed time to iron its wrinkles.

Oblivion certainly looks great, and I love adventure role playing games.
But I'm a little intimidated by this game. I feel that once I start playing, I will enter this fantasy world and no one in the real world will ever hear from me again tongue.gif

#28 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(miggidy @ Oct 21 2005, 06:23 PM)
I feel that once I start playing, I will enter this fantasy world and no one in the real world will ever hear from me again tongue.gif

View Post

Happend to me years ago. Then I discovered Booze and weed, then the police. So I went back to video games, then I turned 17 and started going around town again with my mates.
Now at 18, I'm doing my A-levels before going to uni so don't have as much time for video games and friends as I would like. But, hey it will be worth it in the end when I have a degree in Physics and are on £50,000 a year!

#29 miggidy

miggidy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

You're damn right it will be worth it.
I grew up in what was once the homicide capitol of the US.
Video games are what kept me in line laugh.gif
My friends would call me up and stuff and I would be like, "No I don't want to go out, I have to beat the final boss in Shinobi 3!"....

Oblivion will be a welcome, especially since I plan on having my little boy and his mom move in real soon. I have to escape the family life some how, Oblivion will be that bridge beerchug.gif

#30 yutaro

yutaro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

They just released a vid showing the entire rooftop level.
8 min of kickass. Just too bad about the handycam, but it's alright I guess...
http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2225_en.html

Edited by yutaro, 31 October 2005 - 11:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users