• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sullione

sullione

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:34 AM

I have a thompson drive on my xbox and when ever i put in a backup game or a divx burned dvd collection i have to keep resetting my xbox to get it to read finally. sometimes it will work by opening and closing the tray a few times and sometimes it just takes so damn long I give up. aside from always having to FTP stuff to the box does anyone know what might be the problem? By the way I am using Ridata, and ritek dvds burned some at 4x , 8x and 12x and I am having the problem with all as well as some other media..

Edited by sullione, 20 October 2005 - 07:35 AM.

#2 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:50 AM

First of all the faster you burn to more likely you will get a bad burn. I always burn no faster than 4x. Second what are you using for media? DVD-R, DVD+R, etc?

#3 sullione

sullione

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:58 AM

I always try to burn at the slowest speed possible usual about 4x. I only use DVD-r. Sometimes a disc will read right away. Like last night i oput in one disc with some movies on it and it wouldnt read so i tried turning it off and on, trigger reset, or ejecting a couple times and nothing. I put a different disc in and 3 ejects and it works. then i go back to the other disc and it boots right up no problems. Thats why for I seem to think its something to do with the drive loading it but I dont have a clue yet

#4 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

Look at this post and you might see why you are having a problem.

http://forums.xbox-s...opic=145201&hl=

#5 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:06 AM

My Bad....Its got a 9 on DVD-R.... I was looking at +R.... seems you have the perfect media.... ever think about cleaning the laser?

#6 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

Sounds like an old laser, not much you can do. If you don't mid killing you drive, you can try a pot tweak, but I will add that you can, and maybe will kill your drive.

#7 sullione

sullione

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:53 AM

ive tried cleaning it and still no luck. it plays normal xbox games and dvd's no problems at all .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users