5 replies to this topic

#1 craigyk

craigyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:48 AM

Hi all
I've been searching around for a few days now over the net looking for any information on what the PSP can and can't do. I haven't got one yet but I'm thinking of buying one in the next few months, mainly for watching videos when stuck in traffic / bored at work etc.

BUT......

What I would really love to see is a XBMC version for the PSP.
Now, after what I hae been reading, the processor is only 333mhz in this baby and it may not be capable of processing divx / xvid movies / tv episodes which basically what I would love for it to do.

ATM, I have a linux server with all my TV Episodes / movies and watch them on my TV via XBMC. Does any one know if the possiblity of a PSP Media center is likely? Any developers out there must be working on this kind of hack but I have yet to find any information.

Is this just a pipe dream, or will we see a "mini" XBMC for the PSP??? blink.gif

Craig

#2 blagmaster

blagmaster

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:girls
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:32 PM

I thought you can watch divx coded movies on the psp sad.gif

#3 craigyk

craigyk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

not entirely sure.
I haven't got one yet....

#4 WeSiDe

WeSiDe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:47 AM

u have to use a program like psp video 9 to convert yer divx and xvid shiz to a format psp can read. nero record has been known to work as well. i am speaking as a user of 1.5 firmware. im not sure about newer firmwares. if this doesnt help let me know and i will be more clear.

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

#5 turtleghandi

turtleghandi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:15 AM

The 2.0 firmware is supposed to have a fix for when the video will occasionaly get out of line with the sound.

#6 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

As far as I can tell, File Assistant ++ is the closest thing to XBMC that there is for the PSP. It's a sweet program, but it can't compare with the true XBMC.

Chokemaniac.net has a Project Mayhem 3 skin for the PSP that is neat. It looks like XBMC at least ...

Edited by ClintiePoo, 27 November 2005 - 09:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users