Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

To put an easy answer to your main question.
You can back up a back up very easily in the computer. There is no need to re-rip a back up. A straight disc copy will work. This is the easiest way to change your back up onto different media and does not require an Xbox

#17 g0df1rst

g0df1rst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(westr2424 @ Oct 21 2005, 06:37 PM)
Its been stated a million times, any media written in the XBOX's file format can in no way be read on normal optical drive. The best thing for you to do would be to find a friend with a modded xbox and see if his can read your DVDs. If not then you can purchase ($30 at divineo.com) a Thomson DVD drive and just swap it out with your Samsung. Now you have your modds,  plus a spare dvd drive for you xbox. Voila

View Post

Thank man. That's what I thought. there is no solution to recover other than buying the dvd drive, I wanted clarification because there are alot of programs that have helped me lately with this type of modded xbox. I fully understand. Thank you for answering my question.

#18 g0df1rst

g0df1rst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(westr2424 @ Oct 21 2005, 06:37 PM)
Its been stated a million times, any media written in the XBOX's file format can in no way be read on normal optical drive. The best thing for you to do would be to find a friend with a modded xbox and see if his can read your DVDs. If not then you can purchase ($30 at divineo.com) a Thomson DVD drive and just swap it out with your Samsung. Now you have your modds,  plus a spare dvd drive for you xbox. Voila

View Post

Thank man. That's what I thought. there is no solution to recover other than buying the dvd drive, I wanted clarification because there are alot of programs that have helped me lately with this type of modded xbox. I used xboxhdm to view files on the xbox, and thought maybe there was a program like that for PC to help with files on DVD.

I fully understand. Thank you for answering my question.

#19 westr2424

westr2424

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

The Horse is dead.....relax. Stop beating it.

#20 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(westr2424 @ Oct 21 2005, 04:37 PM)

View Post

thats BS, any PC drive capable of reading the media can rip a backup, liek i said, theres dozens if not hundreds of programs capable of doing this, but apparently you didnt read my post, nor did anyone else i guess, lol

what they cant read is the orginals, which g0df1rst isnt using anyway

Edited by lordvader129, 21 October 2005 - 10:42 PM.

#21 westr2424

westr2424

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 21 2005, 06:52 PM)
thats BS, any PC drive capable of reading the media can rip a backup, liek i said, theres dozens if not hundreds of programs capable of doing this

what they cant read is the orginals, which g0df1rst isnt using anyway

View Post

If this is the case, do us a favor and name ten of them. After all, thats the question he asked in the first place. Unless you give an example, why the heck even open your keyboard.

#22 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(westr2424 @ Oct 21 2005, 04:53 PM)
If this is the case, do us a favor and name ten of them. After all, thats the question he asked in the first place. Unless you give an example, why the heck even open your keyboard.

View Post

well i did say any burnign software, i assume he does have this since he burned the backups at some point

i also dont liek spoon feeding info to people, maybe if they find a program on google theyll check google first next time instead of asking in the forums

but if you insist

Nero
Alcohol 120%
MagicISO
Padus Disc Juggler
Roxio CD Creater
RecordNow MAX

not 10, but its just off the top of my head

#23 westr2424

westr2424

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 21 2005, 06:57 PM)
well i did say any burnign software, i assume he does have this since he burned the backups at some point

i also dont liek spoon feeding info to people, maybe if they find a program on google theyll check google first next time instead of asking in the forums

but if you insist

Nero
Alcohol 120%
MagicISO
Padus Disc Juggler
Roxio CD Creater
RecordNow MAX

not 10, but its just off the top of my head

View Post

Looks like you're correct. I've just never tried to duplicate a backup. No reason to. I just assumed since it couldn't recognize originals because of the file format, then that would also be the case for backups.

#24 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(westr2424 @ Oct 22 2005, 12:07 AM)
Looks like you're correct. I've just never tried to duplicate a backup. No reason to. I just assumed since it couldn't recognize originals because of the file format, then that would also be the case for backups.

View Post

It's in the PINNED TOPICS

Important / Key Threads: Backups, Dvd/cd Burning,, Iso Creation and Extraction, HD backups,

go figure..... dry.gif

#25 g0df1rst

g0df1rst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Oct 21 2005, 06:43 PM)
To put an easy answer to your main question.
You can back up a back up very easily in the computer. There is no need to re-rip a back up. A straight disc copy will work. This is the easiest way to change your back up onto different media and does not require an Xbox

View Post

Thanks.

I just tried, so it may be I need a new DVD player in my PC. I tried to disk copy and it shows the Disk as empty. I tried with my slayers cause I know it works, which is weird, cause it's the only one disk I have that reads, but it's on the same Sony brand dvd-r.

Anyway it reads 0 free space and 0 files, so it must be an issue. with that.

thanks again for the help

#26 g0df1rst

g0df1rst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Oct 21 2005, 07:12 PM)
It's in the PINNED TOPICS

Important / Key Threads: Backups, Dvd/cd Burning,, Iso Creation and Extraction, HD backups,

go figure..... dry.gif

View Post

This is where I started 2 days ago. I actually read all of the pinned toics and the FAQ's..lol and I just tried again using nero. This must be a PC issue. My PC wasn't in the flood directly but it must have something to do with it, cause it won't handle the function. I just bought a new DVD +/- RW from best buy and will give it a go.

#27 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,743 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(g0df1rst @ Oct 21 2005, 05:24 PM)
Thanks.

I just tried, so it may be I need a new DVD player in my PC. I tried to disk copy and it shows the Disk as empty. I tried with my slayers cause I know it works, which is weird, cause it's the only one disk I have that reads, but it's on the same Sony brand dvd-r.

Anyway it reads 0 free space and 0 files, so it must be an issue. with that.

thanks again for the help

View Post

a PC wont read the files directly, but doing a 1:1 copy in RAW mode will work, and the PC still wont see any files on the new disc (but the xbox will)

#28 xboxme2

xboxme2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(g0df1rst @ Oct 20 2005, 11:49 PM)
They were burned on this very same PC and without changes to PC but yet they don't read.

Question:
How can I unpak the ISO files on those DVD's so I can get them on my PC

If the ISO file contains a UDF image then one of these should work nicely:

Daemon Tools (free)
Alcohol 1205 (shareware)

ISObuster
ultraISO

The first group will allow you to mount the image (if possible) while the latter group will let you merely "extract" the files from the ISO image smile.gif

Does this help?

#29 g0df1rst

g0df1rst

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:41 AM

Man this is the greatest.

Great work Lordvader and xboxme2. Also to others. I got my stadiums and my pics back so far from MVP and HH. I used my new dvd drive (didn't know that the old one wouldn't see the files and neither does the new one, but for some reason nero didn't work with either. Maybe the version I have.. But I turned to Achohol and Daemon Tools, and they worked great. Although I don't see the files, a 1 on 1 copy worked. I was trying to read the disk and get the data files off that I wanted, but with the 1 : 1 copy and the info on the raw and those programs, I got the entire disk copied and I got the files from the xbox using quix, so I can save them now on a seperate medium, rather than having this issue again.

THANKS ALL! biggrin.gif

#30 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

Went to bed and missed the end.
Hard work has been made of a simple task As stated by Lordvader129 and me in this post you can do a straight back up of a back up. This does of course assume your PC drive works. This would solve the problem without any extracting of the discs. A modded disc can still be backed if the disc is a back up.
Glad its sorted anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users