4 replies to this topic

#1 stealth17

stealth17

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

I have an Aladdin chip in my 1.03 box and I want to be DAMN sure its off from now on. I got banned by accident because there isnt a physical switch. So, can I just take unplug it from the pin header and let it just sit in there? Will it be alright considering all the other wire still soldered on including D0 point?

THANKS!!!

-Jordan

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

Put an external switch on the D0 wire. If you unplug the chip yes it will be sure to be off because if you try and boot with it enabled the box will fRAG

#3 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(stealth17 @ Oct 21 2005, 02:07 AM)
I have an Aladdin chip in my 1.03 box and I want to be DAMN sure its off from now on. I got banned by accident because there isnt a physical switch. So, can I just take unplug it from the pin header and let it just sit in there? Will it be alright considering all the other wire still soldered on including D0 point?

THANKS!!!

-Jordan

View Post

Since you have all the wires connected to the chip (BT,D0 etc..) then if you lift the chip from the LPC pins then it will simply act like there is no chip and the xbox will boot normally. Of course its not the best thing to do since you have to open the xbox everytime and the chip will be resting on top of other chips on the motherboard...The Aladdin can be enabled/disabled via the power button so you don't need a physical switch...

If you just want to install a switch becuase you think you won't forget to disable the chip with a switch as apposed to using the power button then do this: Get a switch and connect D0 from the motherboard to one of the legs in the switch and then connecte ground to another leg on the switch (ground is any screhole or metal shielding)

#4 stealth17

stealth17

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Oct 21 2005, 04:45 AM)
Put an external switch on the D0 wire. If you unplug the chip yes it will be sure to be off because if you try and boot with it enabled the box will fRAG

View Post

So I can leave the chip on the LPC pins and leave it connected via BT, ect...Then just put a switch on the D0 to enable or disable the chip? The D0 with make or break whether the chip enables that easily?

Thats not a big deal at all...

But whats the difference in that and running the D0 to ground like ModdingManiac said?

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

If you ground D0 it forces boot from the LPC.
If you stick a switch in the wire you have double protection because not only would you have to have the swicth closed to boo the chips bios you would still have to hold power for 1-2 seconds.
With the switch open it would boot the retail bios whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users