• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer183

Slayer183

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

Ok well I have a softmod and all but I dont want to be banned when I sign on to xbl.... in other words how would I do this.... Should I go to the ms dash and then put in the game then go to xbl and sign in or would I have to coldboot???

#2 rylorg

rylorg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:07 PM

what instaler did you use?

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

if you already have a Live account just coldboot the game and go on Live

if you dont have a Live account youll have to uninstall your softmod, make the account, the reinstall

#4 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

Should I go to the ms dash and then put in the game then go to xbl

Nope, because by then the hacked bios will be loaded into memory and you'll get banned.

Depending on your softmod there are a few options. If its a much older softmod it might need updating. Some softmods will be OK with coldbooting, however some newer mods (ndure) are specificly designed for going on live and have it documented in the manual(s).

What mod do you have?

#5 Slayer183

Slayer183

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

Ok I used Krazie Ndure Softmod Installer NTSC (for splinter cell) and I'm trying to get on halo 2 to talk to my friend (without mods)

Edit- As a note im using unleashx dashboard

Edited by Slayer183, 22 October 2005 - 11:14 PM.

#6 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

What install option did you use? dual retail?

EDIT:

I have not used ndure yet, but i just read the .NFO file and

Modded menu:
These options become available after the mod. You need to load this through your exploitable game if you want to enter this
menu for the first time.
*****************************************************************************************************************************

Switch softmod on/off:

With this option you can switch the softmod off so you boot to a retail state. In this state you have full live dashboard
options. There will still be modded files on the hd so don't use this if you want to revert your Xbox to stock.

Looks like you boot to the installer with the exploitable game and you can disable/enable a Live safe state from there.

Edited by netdevil69, 22 October 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#7 Slayer183

Slayer183

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ Oct 23 2005, 12:29 AM)
What install option did you use? dual retail?

View Post

What do you mean dual retail.... I far as I remebered it was nkpatcher .06

#8 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:26 PM

see edited post above.

#9 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:50 AM

i'm not sure about krayzie's ndure installer...but there are somewhat more advanced setups that will patch the bios back to retail and boot the msdash. they're pretty nifty setups if you're a big live user...but they take some effort to set up AFAIK. (there might be an autoinstaller for that setup though).

coldbooting should work fine though, and nkpatcher has live blocking enabled, so the chances of you getting banned (unless you upgrade your hard drive) are slim to none.

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE(cmiz @ Oct 23 2005, 02:01 AM)
i'm not sure about krayzie's ndure installer...but there are somewhat more advanced setups that will patch the bios back to retail and boot the msdash. they're pretty nifty setups if you're a big live user...but they take some effort to set up AFAIK. (there might be an autoinstaller for that setup though).

coldbooting should work fine though, and nkpatcher has live blocking enabled, so the chances of you getting banned (unless you upgrade your hard drive) are slim to none.

View Post

yup just load up the gamesave again, go into extras and select the dual retail boot. this will let you boot to a live safe msdash when you boot the xbox with tray open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users