21 replies to this topic

#1 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

I read a bit about gotham TV with Project Gotham Racing, in which I am guessing you get to watch a race? Do you guys know if they are taking that direction with other games? It would be nice in Madden if you are waiting to play a friend and he is playing with someone else, that you can actually watch his game instead of just seeing the score.

As I thought about this, how many of us are actually going to want to watch someone else play a game when we can be playing ourselves, but what I think would be awesome is being able to watch a game that you dont own be played, that way you can see if you like it. Taping into the online world in this manner would be nice.

#2 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

The draw for PGR3 is that you get to see how other players drive the course -- where they brake and accelerate, things like that.

Plus they've been talking about that whole competitive racing thing, where you race for money against other players. It'd be cool to watch that, I think.

#3 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:06 PM

yes, that would be cool. I am sure you have to put down maybe like $5-10 to enter the race, would be nice to be able to see the final race if you have been elliminated, or like you say, watch the first few races to check out your competition.

#4 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 23 2005, 11:56 PM)
Do you guys know if they are taking that direction with other games?

View Post

i hear GoW will use similar mode, Cliff Blezinsky said something like a "CNN" news type spectator mode. smile.gif

Edited by redwolf, 23 October 2005 - 11:12 PM.

#5 Jonm888

Jonm888

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

That would be cool to be able to raise for money. Or if that isn't passed maybe for the live pts. or whatever those credits are called.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:07 AM

i thought DoA4 had a spectator mode for the fights as well. about cliffy trying to get a "CNN" type spectator mode will be cool too if its implemented.

honestly i would love to watch other play games. if the games are going to look as good as we think they are why not turn on your 360 and watch a tournament or an event instead of TV? i dont watch much TV (too many reality shows) and this would be as cool IMO. seeing a friend duke it out with someone else in DoA, or shoot for their lives in GoW would be awsome. Gotham TV is one of the most interesting new aspects to me (well that and the gorgeous graphics)

playing LIVE enough with the same games, you get to recognize a lot of people that regular that game. well with spectator modes you could become a "star" per say in what ever game you accel in. that alone is an awsome idea IMO and a reason to play

Edited by KAGE360, 24 October 2005 - 03:08 AM.

#7 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 24 2005, 04:18 AM)
i thought DoA4 had a spectator mode for the fights as well.  about cliffy trying to get a "CNN" type spectator mode will be cool too if its implemented.

honestly i would love to watch other play games.  if the games are going to look as good as we think they are why not turn on your 360 and watch a tournament or an event instead of TV?  i dont watch much TV (too many reality shows) and this would be as cool IMO.  seeing a friend duke it out with someone else in DoA, or shoot for their lives in GoW would be awsome.  Gotham TV is one of the most interesting new aspects to me (well that and the gorgeous graphics)

playing LIVE enough with the same games, you get to recognize a lot of people that regular that game.  well with spectator modes you could become a "star" per say in what ever game you accel in.  that alone is an awsome idea IMO and a reason to play

View Post

great point about becoming a 'star',i can imagine interviews and the like with the winners of tournaments.also what could be more motivating to improve your own game than watching some smarmy bastards grinning face after they have just won another race,just another incentive to get to the top!!!.It could take a while for all the possibilities to become apparent but i see this as far more than a gimmick.heres to spectator mode beerchug.gif

#8 110100100

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

i'd be a willing spectator while smoking bowls biggrin.gif

#9 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(110100100 @ Oct 24 2005, 10:32 AM)
i'd be a willing spectator while smoking bowls biggrin.gif

View Post

beerchug.gif (but what are bowls?)

#10 110100100

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:38 AM

the stickiest of the icky..... some good weed biggrin.gif

#11 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(110100100 @ Oct 24 2005, 11:49 AM)
the stickiest of the icky..... some good weed  biggrin.gif

View Post

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#12 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:30 PM

Spectator mode = good if games are hosted by companies.

Spectator mode = bad if games hosted by gamers, unless you can turn it on or off and change number of viewers. Or maybe set to wehre only people on friends list can watch.

#13 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

This is a feature which I am pretty excited about. I would definitely watch people's games rather than watch TV.

I truly hope Bungie is working on something like this for their "next project". I think it would be cool to watch some of the Pros, like Zyos or the Ogres, duke it out. You could even have live machinima broadcasts. Red vs Blue could be awesome live and uncut.

MS is really pushing new online features and I like where they are going. Hopefully Gotham TV is a success. beerchug.gif

#14 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(bluvasa @ Oct 24 2005, 09:37 PM)
Red vs Blue could be awesome live and uncut.

View Post

rotfl.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Can't wait for that to happen.

#15 sn4k13s

sn4k13s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

the only thing that would keep halo3 from becoming a professional sport is the lack of being able to watch important matchups. if bungie implemented a way for everyone to watch matches and tournaments and have commentary, could you imagine what impact that would have? for starters you would all worship my halo skills. j/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users