• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:44 PM

"anti-aliasing has not been enabled in these shots (yet hopefully)"

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2189_en.html

It still goes out to show just how good 720p looks. Ridge Racer was the best looking game in TGS, and I like the scenery (countryside etc) even more than that of PGR. Too bad that the actual gameplay isn't my cup of tea (ie release gas in corners for those invisible railroad tracks that defy laws of physics).

It's also worth mentioning that the game ran at insane framerate and never took a dip.

Edited by jizmo, 25 October 2005 - 01:47 PM.

#2 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 25 2005, 02:55 PM)

It still goes out to show just how good 720p looks. Ridge Racer was the best looking game in TGS, and I like the scenery (countryside etc) even more than that of PGR. Too bad that the actual gameplay isn't my cup of tea (ie release gas in corners for those invisible railroad tracks that defy laws of physics).

It's also worth mentioning that the game ran at insane framerate and never took a dip.

View Post

I owned a PSP earlier in the year when it came out, and RIDGE RACER was one of my favorite games on it. Is the 360 version almost a port of the PSP version? It seems to have allot of the same features, right?

#3 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

Ridge Racer has always the same kind of feel to it in gameplay that isn't found on any other game.

I do enjoy it now and then, but atleast to me it grows old pretty fast. I'm more at home with Forza any day.

#4 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 25 2005, 09:05 PM)
Ridge Racer has always the same kind of feel to it in gameplay that isn't found on any other game.

I do enjoy it now and then, but atleast to me it grows old pretty fast. I'm more at home with Forza any day.

View Post

forza beerchug.gif i love that game,i suppose it depends on wether you prefer the cars to handle more realisticly.ive found the ridge racer games a little to arcadey for my liking.and with pgr3 and test drive comin not sure id have room for this anyway!

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 25 2005, 08:55 AM)

View Post

the pics look pretty good honestly, i thought the demo looked rather plain for a next gen game (even for a demo). i have never been into this series as the controls are too floaty for my taste. when you say that this was the best looking game are you just going by scenery? or texture and car detail as well, because PGR3 wowed me where what i saw of this game just bored me. i would hope it would run blazing smooth, as there didnt seem to be anything in the game to tax the system.

again i am impressed with the pics though, it seems that they have come some way since TGS.

#6 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:41 PM

Oops, forgot "car" from there. It was the best looking car game. Test Drive could've been better than this, but I couldn't look past that 12fps frame rate. NFS looked the worst easily, I don't get that brown tint they're using, it's really fugly.

One good thing about 60fps and speed is that you won't have time to notice any aliasing when the screen is updating so fast. It also gave RR plenty of that good kind of arcade hall quality - put this in a proper casing and you could easily slip it to your local mall.

RR takes the good kind of arcade approach, but in my opinion should take it one step further. They should add loops, giant jumps and other impossible elements in it making it even more exaggerated. It's been the same for ages now.

#7 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 26 2005, 09:52 AM)
Oops, forgot "car" from there. It was the best looking car game. Test Drive could've been better than this, but I couldn't look past that 12fps frame rate. NFS looked the worst easily, I don't get that brown tint they're using, it's really fugly.

One good thing about 60fps and speed is that you won't have time to notice any aliasing when the screen is updating so fast. It also gave RR plenty of that good kind of arcade hall quality - put this in a proper casing and you could easily slip it to your local mall.

RR takes the good kind of arcade approach, but in my opinion should take it one step further. They should add loops, giant jumps and other impossible elements in it making it even more exaggerated. It's been the same for ages now.

View Post

i know what you meant by best looking game, i was asking as what made you think it was the best looking racing game. im not downplaying any opinions i was just curious to what made you think that it was the best looking racing game (texture, car detail, etc.) because to me the game just looked really dull and boring, compared to PGR3 which looked highly detailed and fast paced.

i agree that the game needs to evolve, havent ever liked it in the first place but im sure for the fans the game is getting old. the games all seem to play the same and the graphics only improve. i know namco has the ability to make good games (loved SC on DC) but they just dont seem to know how to evolve or improve their games at the same pace as other companies.

#8 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

PGR3 wasn't playable in TGS, that's why. RR was the best looking of the rest of the games because it was fairly detailed and fluid. If they get Test Drive to above 30fps, it'll look nicer than RR in motion.

Screenshots tell only so little, playing RR really made it feel much better than these screenshots let one believe. PGR3 screenshots look much better than anything else, but I recon I'll need to try and play it myself to really know if they've gotten the real feeling of speed in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users