4 replies to this topic

#1 smack_blitz

smack_blitz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

hi I softmodded a friend's xbox and everything was good. Somehow the harddrive got unlocked and i tried to lock it back up with my modded xbox. When i put it back in i get error 6, which means the softmodded xbox cannot unlock the hd. I know there was a topic just like this but the difference is i dont have the backup info of the softmodded xbox (eeprom, hd key, etc).

how would i go about locking the hardrive with a modded xbox for use on a softmodded xbox without the softmodded xbox's info?

please help

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

You can't. Get your friend a chip. Or you could modify an EEProm reader/writer to obtain the EEProm backup.

#3 smack_blitz

smack_blitz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:35 AM

ok im gonna install a xenium ice on it, so i just run config magic or can i just use the xenium os to recover the eeprom and hd key?

btw once i get these info, can i put the mod back into my original xbox, out of the softmodded one?

#4 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:40 AM

You locked his softmodded hard drive to your xbox so you'll have to unlock it before removing your modchip.

Afterwards, stick your chip in his box, run Config Magic & lock it to his xbox...done.

You can now safely remove your chip and put it back into your xbox.

Finally, tell him not to use the Unlock Hard Drive feature again.

#5 smack_blitz

smack_blitz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:36 AM

thx for the help Alex548.. now im in the process of putting my modchip in the softmodded xbox. don't anything wrong with wut u said.

now i have a different question concerning the hard drive.
i want to upgrade the retail harddrive to a 200 gb harddrive.

while my chip is on his xbox, can i use the Xenium OS to upgrade the harddrive, take the modchip out, then install the softmod on the newly upgraded - softmod xbox? is there anything wrong with my plan??

this is the first time i had to deal wit a softmoddded xbox so i appreciate any help you guys give.

Edited by smack_blitz, 27 October 2005 - 04:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users