gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:18 PM

just been reading through the forums at bizzare online and it seems some lucky bastard has a copy of the game at home.he says the copy he has is around 90% complete.he is very impressed with the game and i mean very biggrin.gif .the bizzare team has confirmed he has the game. beerchug.gif

#2 jvanepps

jvanepps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

does he have a console to play it on? or just a 90% complete game? in less then a month, we will have 100% complete game and the console.

#3 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

I think if he has it and is impressed by the game then its safe to assume that he has a console.

#4 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(jvanepps @ Oct 27 2005, 06:35 PM)
does he have a console to play it on? or just a 90% complete game? in less then a month, we will have 100% complete game and the console.

View Post

haha,i love sarcasm.ok i should have said he does also have the console!!

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

do they explain how he got the system and game? maybe from bizarre? maybe hes one of the testers for the game or something, is he taking questions from the forum? all i really care to know is if there is AA enabled and how the sense of speed is.

#6 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 27 2005, 07:34 PM)
do they explain how he got the system and game? maybe from bizarre?  maybe hes one of the testers for the game or something, is he taking questions from the forum?  all i really care to know is if there is AA enabled and how the sense of speed is.

View Post

he has been taking questions,not sure hes mentioned to much thats new.the box was from ms with pgr3 on the hdd.i cant see aa mentioned,just cube mapping?he does mention the speed is impressive so...

#7 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Oct 27 2005, 02:26 PM)
he has been taking questions,not sure hes mentioned to much thats new.the box was from ms with pgr3 on the hdd.i cant see aa mentioned,just cube mapping?he does mention the speed is impressive so...

View Post

cube mapping? i try to keep up on all the new effects being used in gaming but i never heard that one

#8 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Oct 27 2005, 03:26 PM)

View Post

PGR3 was loaded on the HDD?? Hmmmm, I wonder if we can back up our retail games a la DVD2Xbox...

I also have never heard of cube mapping.

#9 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:08 PM

The only form of cube mapping I know is a way of doing reflections.
You place a camera at the center of the object and take 6 images (up, down, left, right, forwards and backwards) and then used these as texture maps to give realistic looking reflections.
Environment mapping is a quick way of doing these reflections, the alternative would be ray tracing which isn't really possible int real-time yet (at least on current hardware).

#10 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

this is one of the posts the guy has made,his name is bocman on the forum.i think he is german.just checking to see what else he says!!

Man, I really must stop myself from playing more..itīs brill! My "Overtake 5 cars" did end in a fat medal for "3 back-to-back-wins", hurra!

So, now Iīll try to give you some answers, but I wonīt list all the menus HOGO, since I just donīt have the time for it..sry..

Here we go:

- No weather effects in this build and Iīm guessing there wonīt be any, which is fine for me. You can switch to "night", "overcast" and "sunny" - which is my favorite - the lightning (the way the scrapers are lit then) on the skyscrapes just blows me away.

- You can turn the names above the cars, off!

- NO texture pop up

- almost perfectly consistent framerate (Sry, I really canīt tell the FrameCount - fact is: The carīs are going so fast, that you are afraid to push it more - the sensation of speed is TOP !!

- cool music, which fits perfectly, IMHO

- You can do some fancy things in the options-Menu. You can "advance set" the sound output - TV, Home-Theatre or Hi-Fi - cool! My 6.1 system will use this

- The sound of the cars is even better than in GTR or GT Legends - so is the cockpit view

- CubeMapping is ON - this is a real next gen effect, guys..looks super!

- PhotoMode isnīt ready in this build. But you can play with it, just donīt save the foto

So, I hope this is k for you guys. ..

getting back to ..vroooooom!

#11 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(rasmithuk @ Oct 27 2005, 03:19 PM)
The only form of cube mapping I know is a way of doing reflections.
You place a camera at the center of the object and take 6 images (up, down, left, right, forwards and backwards) and then used these as texture maps to give realistic looking reflections.
Environment mapping is a quick way of doing these reflections, the alternative would be ray tracing which isn't really possible int real-time yet (at least on current hardware).

View Post

i thought ray tracing was possible on the 360 uhh.gif

http://www.ati.com/d...ggett-final.pdf

look under the memory export section

#12 rasmithuk

rasmithuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 27 2005, 09:14 PM)
i thought ray tracing was possible on the 360 uhh.gif

http://www.ati.com/d...ggett-final.pdf

look under the memory export section

View Post

Ray tracing's possible on any chip that can do trig and floating point but it doesn't mean you can do it quick enough to be any use in game.
Ray-tracing is nice but you can get away with env mapping unless you want to simulate refraction and other density/light transmission effects in which case you've no alternative.

I think what they mean in the pdf is that the memory system allows direct read/write access, so you can do nearly anything (instead of just being limited to doing pixel based operations) so you can use the parallel archtecture of the graphics card to do other crazy stuff and ray-tracing and physics were just two examples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users