#1 pancakelizard

pancakelizard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

ok since the last time i checked there wasn't a defrag program for the xbox. so i was thinking of a way to get around it.

here's what you could do... map the drives to your computer and defrag them through windows or whatever OS you are running. the reason i am saying this is because it works on ipods and over network defrags aren't anything new.

the partition table really shouldn't matter because the computer i work for network defrags fat32, ntfs, ntfs5, and some type of linux partitions from a windows server 2003 box.

has this idea been brought up before or am i able to get flammed? huh.gif

#2 pancakelizard

pancakelizard

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:14 AM

bump

pop.gif

#3 SuperRoy

SuperRoy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

I searched the site for "defrag" and I found this post and it sounds semi-promising. Has anyone tried anything like this? As of right now, I only have access to a Mac which doesn't have a defragging program that can defrag an NTFS (or is the xbox FatX?) drive.

#4 one321

one321

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:46 PM

Has anyone tried this yet? I was about to transfer all the contents of my F partition onto my computer and then back to my Xbox since there are no defrag utilities, but that would take like 9 hours one way and then 9 more going back to my Xbox.

#5 StaTiKMaT

StaTiKMaT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:04 AM

There is no way to defrag an xbox drive w\out copying everything off and formatting. Unless someone decides to finally develop the proper utility which as I remember, was proving to be quite the task.

#6 zerowizard

zerowizard

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Xbox, and computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:56 AM

it was supposed to be in avalaunch, but development for defrag came to a hault cuz no one wanted to test it. i offered my box to test, but that day, the person who had the defrag build wasnt online. i still offer my box to test the ava defrag... so if your reading this team ava, just pm me if you want me to test it.

#7 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:31 PM

Okay I dont know how old this board is but ive been searching for a xbox defrag utility for quite sometime... I was thinking even if i dump the xbox harddrive onto my pc reformat my xbox hdd then redumpback onto the xbox ... wouldnt the xbox HDD still be fragged. I thought the defrag utility was to fix corrupted save space on the drive and although it would be re partitioned the drive would still be corrupted? I've saved and erased saved and erased over and over again I'm really worried about my xbox HDD doing something crazy like "leaking" Though I've never experienced this. Ava administrators the wizard and I are willing to test, I'm running Smartxx V2 with evoxM8 unleashx dash with a 200MB HDD any additional info will be provided. PM me

QUOTE(mtsaint @ Jul 18 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

Okay I dont know how old this board(unread) is but ive been searching for a xbox defrag utility for quite sometime... I was thinking even if i dump the xbox harddrive onto my pc reformat my xbox hdd then redumpback onto the xbox ... wouldnt the xbox HDD still be fragged. I thought the defrag utility was to fix corrupted save space on the drive and although it would be re partitioned the drive would still be corrupted? I've saved and erased saved and erased over and over again I'm really worried about my xbox HDD doing something crazy like "leaking" Though I've never experienced this. Ava administrators the wizard and I are willing to test, I'm running Smartxx V2 with evoxM8 unleashx dash with a 200MB HDD any additional info will be provided. PM me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users