6 replies to this topic

#1 Basti

Basti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:27 AM

Hi!

I'm completely new to this modding stuff and have a problem. I got an xbox with installed modchip but the original hdd so i decided to put a bigger one in. A friend told me that I could do that without ftping any data from the original hdd to my pc and back to the new hdd if I had a "new hdd boot disc". Is that true?

I put the new hdd in and tried to boot the xbox with the evox boot disc for new hdds i found but I get an error message saying "Service Required. Call Customer Support" and there's a 13 in the upper left corner of the screen. The dvd drive's light flashes red and green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. unsure.gif

#2 joyu

joyu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:51 AM

The problem is you are not booting to the cd. You need to use either a cd-rw or dvd on most drives. Try different disks untol you find one that works.

If the system doesnt boot to the disk you will have problems, because the HD is not formated.

#3 Basti

Basti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:55 AM

The disc works. I tried it before I took the original hdd out. It seems to me that the error occurs before the xbox even tries to read the disc...

I found out that error 13 means "kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed"

Does that info help? I'm lost. sad.gif

#4 joyu

joyu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:01 AM

Well Im just a newbie at this stuff myself, but it says dashboard failure, meaning it cannot find any dashboards on the hd, meaning it is trying to load off the HDD. Unless your bios was modified to boot from HD first...

Are you using the slayers evox disk?

#5 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:06 AM

Sigh... more info! Specifically, what chip and what BIOS flashed onto it? Depending on the BIOS, you may be able to just put the HDD in, boot to the chip's BIOS, and have it format the HDD for you. There's usually a button you hold down to get into the BIOS.

Edited by greenday54261, 28 October 2005 - 01:07 AM.

#6 Basti

Basti

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:08 AM

Don't think so. It's just some image i found online. What is the difference between slayers evox disc and some "no name" disc?

#7 joyu

joyu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:34 AM

Slayers has options to format the drive and rebuild your harddrive with the correct files by itself with one command. I dont know what the disk you have now does.

You should answer Greendays questions, what bios and mod chip you are using if you need more specific help.

Also who installed your mod, and if it is a mod chip or tsop or what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users