• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaxon23

jaxon23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:25 AM

i am using a mad catz from walmart right now (2.4ghz) but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and when i push down once it jumps down like 3 times (on XBMC home screen..my programs, my music, my pictures,etc.)

i want something that will work flawless everytime. my port is configured to turn on the xbox with a pushbutton on a wired controller (got tired of the wires in my car so took it out) would this have an effect on anything?

#2 NFCTinken

NFCTinken

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:46 AM

Hey Jaxon,
My roommate and I both use the Logitech wireless controllers and have never had any issues. I would argue that they are the best wireless Xbox controller on the market, but then again, their aren't a whole heck of a lot. Here's a link to the product so you can see what I am referring to:

Logitech Wireless Controller

Hope this helps you out a little bit. Also in case you are wondering, I get very good battery life out of them. I tend to keep the vibration function off, which helps a lot.

JdK

#3 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:05 AM

I agree that Logitech is the best wireless controller. It is really nice.

However, if I'm going to do something that takes precision, like winning Halo 2 on Live, I still stick with the good ol' S-Controller.

Answer to second question: The yellow wire you used for the button is used the same way in the wireless controller (video-sync). Therefore it won't interfere with the controller operation.

#4 jaxon23

jaxon23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:11 AM

well i'll be honest. the xbox is in my car and pretty much for show purposes only so no worries of endangering my life on halo 2...lol

i was looking at the precision by logitech and will probably pick it up tommorrow. so even though the yellow wire on the inside of port 1 is cut and going to the on/off switch it will still work ok with the logitech? does the logitech not use this wire because i am pretty sure the wire on the inside doesn't go where it once did (i had it modded so i could turn on the xbox from my trunk..i didn't do the mod and know nothing about modding xboxes...lol had a 200gb harddrive put in and a chip and XBMC on it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users