7 replies to this topic

#1 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:30 AM

Rather then discuss what we think will happen, how bout if you were GM of your team what moves you'd make.

So I'm a Yankees fan. Here's what NY needs to make their team the champions next years.

1. Resign Matsui. He never strikes out. He can pay any outfield position. He's clutch.

2. Centerfielder: Torre Hunter and Damon are on the market. Hunter would require too much in return, and Damon has a weak arm and shoulder issues this year. (Remember why we dont want Bernie)

Option A: Juan Pierre. Fast. Good fielder. Solid lead off hitter. Decent base stealer. And he had a bad year last year so his stock is sure to drop. Maybe we could trade Pavano for him. Or if we get REALLY lucky Wright...

Option B: Brian Giles. He's a left fielder. But Matsui can play center so it's not beyond belief to think we could move him there.

3. BJ Ryan: Gordon thinks he can close and wont come back. Someone will actually let him close. Ryan young, and a lefty, and could easily be Rivera's heir to Yankee closer as Riveraisnt getting any younger @ 36. Hes very important and throwing whatever's necessary to get him is the only way to go.

4. Backup 1st baseman. I honestly have no idea who yet. Giambi hits far better when he fields then when he DHs. So I just want a backup

5. Backup Catcher. Posadas aging. And NY needs a guy to give him nights off. I want a guy who can DH as well. And a spark. I want AJ.

Let's see the moves your team needs to make to get a championship next year. And Cubs fan, don't bother, it's impossible.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 October 2005 - 02:49 AM

And Cubs fan, don't bother, it's impossible.

fan? singular? am i the only one left?

well ill do sox, clearly nothing much needed, just need to hold it together, konerkos contract is up, and several teams are interested in him, i think reinsdorf just needs to pay him whateer he wants to keep the band together as it were

obviously keeping a championship team together is no guarantee of a second reign, but it couldnt hurt so long as they arent too cocky, maybe ozzie needs to start up spring training the way he did this year

something to effect of "god dammit i wish the season were over already"

"i know your going to choke" is in there sometime during the season too, lol

#3 XBL_SUCKS

XBL_SUCKS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

There's two teams I am going to have to talk about here

1. Toronto Blue Jays, They need a strong 4th or 5th starter, We got Roy Haliday (best AL pitcher IMO), Chacin and maybe David Bush or Josh Towers for a 3rd starter. McGowen is not quite ready this year he needs a year more in the minor leagues. I say we look at Jarrod Washburn, Matt Morris or if I had my pick I would get A.J. Betnett off Flordia. We have a great DH in Shea who could play 3rd/1st base if need be, I would try to trade Eric Hinske I think he would be a decient pick up for the Yanks. Toronto has a stong centre fielder in Vernon Wells so we are stong there we need a left fielder or right fielder like Johnny Damon or BJ Surhoff. As for our middle infield we have the best 2nd baseman IMO in Orlando Hudson so were set there I would get a good SS Neifi Perez, José Vizcaíno or Rafael Furcal as for the Hinske deal I would trade for Felix Rodriguez and Rey Sanchez, thats about it for the Jays. As for the Mariners I would go after pitching we got hitting just need some bullpen and some starters since we let go of Freddy Garcia like idiots how can you let him go after a amazing 2001 season blink.gif thats all I have to say about this

#4 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:18 AM

Matsuis resigned.
And Cashman has talked to Giles agent several times and is floating the idea of a rotating CFer position around. I like it...... I think....... Then when Sheffs contract is up next year they have a bunch of CFers on the market to try and sign like Gathright and Pierre, or at least another year to gauge the idea of using Melky Cabrera. Better then signing Damon at the 7 year 84 mil he thinks he wants. Jesus, he's got arm troubles at 31. Like thats gonna improve when he's 38.... rolleyes.gif

andy Phillios is playing very well in the Fall league. He'd be a decent YOUNG CHEAP backup 1st baseman, 2nd baseman, SS, 3rd..... I love versatility.

#5 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:35 AM

Well, I just checked online hoping to read more about NY getting Octavio Dotel to help bolster their bullpen, and I guess our new CFer is Johnny Damon. That's really gotta hurt Sox fans.

#6 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

Yep I was pretty much in disbelief when I turned on the tube to ESPN this morning.

Damon WAS the face of the Red Sox, I think the AL East has taken a big swing, as in the Yankees/Blue Jays (yes you heard me) will make the playoffs and Boston will not.

I think that TO has the best 1 2 punch in baseball with Halladay and Burnett.

#7 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Dec 21 2005, 09:23 PM) View Post

Yep I was pretty much in disbelief when I turned on the tube to ESPN this morning.

Damon WAS the face of the Red Sox, I think the AL East has taken a big swing, as in the Yankees/Blue Jays (yes you heard me) will make the playoffs and Boston will not.

I think that TO has the best 1 2 punch in baseball with Halladay and Burnett.

Yea I really can't believe it. I'm not 100% sold on Damon being the "Best" option for anything beyond this next season, but the kick in the teeth to the sox makes it almost worth it.

As far as Burnett / Halladay, while I AM sold on Halladay being the best ace there is, Im not sold on Burnett. 45ish career wins does not a monster make.
I'd rather have

Pettite/Oswalt
Santana/Radke
Carpenter/Mulder
Colon/Lackey
Zito/Harden

And remember, both Beckett and Burnett's ERA are over a full point higher on the road as at home. Because home is a pitcher friendly ballpark. Do'nt be suprised to see his ERA jump a full point moving from a warm weather NL team in a pitcher friendly ball park to the AL East.

Edited by Rylinkus, 21 December 2005 - 10:42 PM.

#8 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

And Bernies back. Now we just need to sign Miguel Cairo as a backup. Beyond that if a 1st baseman happened to pop up. Or if anyone would trade a GOOD starter for Wright or Pavano.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users