#1 HaloFool90

HaloFool90

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:57 AM

Simple question: will Quake 4 offer co-op on one screen (will it even offer co-op at all)?

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

I'd venture the answer is No to both questions.

Its an exact PC port(unlike Doom III for xbox), so find out if that one has it, I doubt it does.

I hope I am mistaken though tongue.gif

#3 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

I played the game on pc and was not impressed was going to buy this at luanch now Im not. Hlaflife 2 and F.E.A.R stomp its guts gameplay wise.

#4 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(deadpool66 @ Oct 29 2005, 07:12 PM)
I played the game on pc and was not impressed was going to buy this at luanch now Im not. Hlaflife 2 and F.E.A.R stomp its guts gameplay wise.

View Post

Gee, nice gameplay comparison to Quake 4. dry.gif

For the record, Doa3 had better gameplay than Super Smash Brothers.

Edited by Carlo210, 29 October 2005 - 06:07 PM.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

FEAR is nothing like a Quake, in my opinion that comparison is not logical. And HL 2 is nothing like either of them.

but anyways....

#6 HaloFool90

HaloFool90

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:29 AM

I just went to Xbox.com and searched it (didn't have it up last time I checked) and under the info it says "Players 1" See HERE. Crap I wanted to play this against my friends on launch day as I'm a big fan of the Quake multiplayer modes. So by the 1 player thing I'm guessing multiplayer over XBL and system link only? Owell I always have Madden. beerchug.gif

#7 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

Funny guys. FPS is an FPS is an FPS. Giana sisters was better than super mario brothers etc. HL1 was based on the Quake2 engine, and monolith did Blood1/2 on the Duke3d engine, and CoD2 is based on the Quake3 engine. Dont fool yourself with old-school new-school no-school nonsense. They're all former pupils of the same school, the ID school of FPS!

FEAR has even been said to be an "extended HL1 marine fight". You really have to draw a fine line if you want to say HL2 and FEAR have nothing in common. rolleyes.gif

I'd say Quake4 (I'm now right after the last hope part with the tall towers) is more Doom1/2 than Doom3 ever was. Shooting 40 rockets at a dozen monsters on screen etc. Even the menu music reminds me of Doom1.

I played the co-op in doom3 xbox through with a friend and liked it more than the single player on the PC or the xbox. Quake4 would make a somewhat more entertaining co-op game but sadly doesnt have that option.

If I remember correctly Quake1 and 2 had co-op for the single player campaign, so Raven killed the grand tradition. mad.gif Luckily the pupils have become the masters and Bungie will give us fabulous co-op in the future im sure.

Edited by Joergen, 30 October 2005 - 02:21 AM.

#8 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE(Joergen @ Oct 29 2005, 06:25 PM)
Funny guys. FPS is an FPS is an FPS. Giana sisters was better than super mario brothers etc. HL1 was based on the Quake2 engine, and monolith did Blood1/2 on the Duke3d engine, and CoD2 is based on the Quake3 engine. Dont fool yourself with old-school new-school no-school nonsense. They're all former pupils of the same school, the ID school of FPS!...

View Post

You mean the 3D Realms school of FPS.
Rise of the Triad!!!
smile.gif

#9 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown