15 replies to this topic

#1 samjp26

samjp26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:43 AM

Ok first off, thanks to the dude that found out about deleting video files smile.gif

Ok so....

1. IF you dont know what video format (normal or widescreen) your box runs at, check via the M$ dashboard.

2. FTP the files from the original game to your HDD

3. When you have all of the game files on your PC, go into the video folder (the one with all the BIK files inside it).

4. Now with the PAL version, there are the normal video files and ones with the _w prefix.
If your using widescreen video mode, delete all of the normal video files (back them up in case something goes wrong).
If your using normal video mode, delete all of the video files which have the _w prefix.

5. My box runs in normal mode, so i deleted the files with the _w prefix. The game works fine for me and i managed to complete it yesterday with my friend smile.gif.
After deleting the _w files, the game becomes roughly 4.3gb in size, and I would imagine the same if you delete the original files.

Hope this helps,
Peace!

cool.gif

Edited by Chancer, 03 November 2005 - 05:21 PM.

#2 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:15 PM

cool, ill link this in my tutorial for you pal users! :-)

#3 surfdudz

surfdudz

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

i`v extacted the game but have no folder could video i have a folder could audio and a folder could bink shood the bink folder be named video ?

#4 samjp26

samjp26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:56 AM

yes the bink folder is the video folder... sorry for not mentioning that tongue.gif

#5 electriclaz

electriclaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

I just extracted the .ISO with Qwix and the pulled out the FRENCH folder and burned the remaining files as data (about 4.2 Gb) works fine for me like that. beerchug.gif

#6 electriclaz

electriclaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:02 AM

OOPS lol sorry, I was talking about The Suffering - The Ties That Bind. my bad

#7 Stellar81

Stellar81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:09 AM

ok so I was on here and I was wondering I have ftp'd the warriors from my xbox onto my computer and my problem is I dont know how to put it onto a disc because the nero 6 ultra edition, says unacceptable disc please insert correct disc to put this iso file on ... the file by the way is over 5.5 gigabites, and will not go on a regular dvd .. the disc I tried putting it on is a Ridata dvd +R dl double layer disc, i have a new sony dvd burner that shouldnt be a problem, can someone please help me on this.

#8 Stellar81

Stellar81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:10 AM

ok so I was on here and I was wondering I have ftp'd the warriors from my xbox onto my computer and my problem is I dont know how to put it onto a disc because the nero 6 ultra edition, says unacceptable disc please insert correct disc to put this iso file on ... the file by the way is over 5.5 gigabites, and will not go on a regular dvd .. the disc I tried putting it on is a Ridata dvd +R dl double layer disc, i have a new sony dvd burner that shouldnt be a problem, can someone please help me on this.

#9 Yogius

Yogius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:36 PM

Great, it worked....first i've used the "W" files, but the game didn't start(bad disc blablabla error), then i've used the normal video files, and bingo....

Thanks. biggrin.gif

#10 morbidAUS

morbidAUS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:57 AM

Thanks alot man smile.gif was trying to work this out before... hired it over night, mad game... props for this shit man... really apreciate it.

#11 DJB

DJB

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, PSP, Movies, Music, Web Design
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

I was thinking a different approach, re-authoring the .bik files and compressing them.

The PAL Region 4 version is 4.67 GB so I'm hoping to compress about 300mb or so. This way I should be able to keep BOTH normal and widescreen videos.

It's gonna take a few hours to do (even on a P4 3ghz w/ 1gb of RAM) but I'll run some tests and let you know how it goes...

#12 Cawsey

Cawsey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

thank you very much. it works cool.gif

#13 source_unknown

source_unknown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(Yogius @ Dec 4 2005, 02:43 AM) View Post

Great, it worked....first i've used the "W" files, but the game didn't start(bad disc blablabla error), then i've used the normal video files, and bingo....

Thanks. biggrin.gif

Did you use the W files on the backup disk or the normal ones? Cause I burnt 2 copies, one with the w files and one with none. They both say my disk dirty. Help!

Edited by source_unknown, 09 January 2006 - 07:41 AM.

#14 Jelly Fingers

Jelly Fingers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

I need help with The Warriors, i have delete all of the video files which have the _w prefix so it will fit on a dvd5 dvd, then make the .iso but when i burn it the box reads it as a dvd but wont play, can some one please help me im pulling my hair out over this game.

Cheers

Edited by Jelly Fingers, 17 January 2006 - 03:58 AM.

#15 Mafioso

Mafioso

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:29 AM

I've got the original disk of the Warriors (PAL) but I keep getting dirty disk errors, regardless of whether I run it directly from the disk or off the HDD. My PAL XBox has been modded and is currently running in NTSC HD WS. Could this be the problem? Most other games I have run in HD fine. Does anyone have a list of the file names I will need in order to play it in NTSC, HD and WS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users