h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

i used the latest nkpatcher release, altered the config file so that it should normally boot /E/XBMC/default.xbe but no matter what tray state i boot with, it loads the godamn msdash from my shadow image. i do not understand why at all, i've tried everything. someone pleeease help me. im supposed to have this xbox done in 2 hours! sorry if i sound angry, i just exceedingly frustrated at the moment..

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:54 PM

usin such a tone or posting two of the same topics won't do you any good.
it might help if you post your config file setup

#3 h4xx3d

h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

yea. sorry i was mildly frustrated, sorry about the double post aswell. that would have been due to the servers or my net connection going slow, i thought it hadn't gone through. anyways. i am not able to post the config file, as i am running linux so i cannot run the apps on this machine, and my father needs our windows computer for a moment. but anyways, what i would like to do is have the shadowed image so the user is not able to accidentally alter something so the box is incapable of booting, and have it boot to the ms dash when the trays open. and then to xbmc located on the e partition when the box is booted normally. if someone could post the values that need to be altered and what they should be altered to, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the reply

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=337505

but offcourse set the dashboard path to partition1\xbmc\default.xbe

#5 h4xx3d

h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

thank you very much! it's greatly appreciated.

#6 h4xx3d

h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:20 PM

i..i don't understand.. i decided to start fresh, following that tutorial, so i formated the c drive. via xboxhdm.. but.. it's.. it's still booting the image from before and is still showing my old actual c image o.0 ill try clearing the partition table but really don't want to go through this again.

;;; set fan speed (if omitted then no fan speed change)
%define FAN_SPEED 0022h ; < CHANGE IT HERE speed 10-50 * 2 = % (000Ah-0032h)

;;; tray dual/tri-boot enable
%define TRAY_BOOT

;;; tri-boot enable < dual is default, with tray_boot enabled
;%define TRI_BOOT

;;; tray open > patch back MS key or not, then run tray open dash
%define PATCH_BACK_MS_KEY

could you please tell me what these values do? what i want to end up with is a system that boots to my defined dashboard when the power button is pressed, and boots to the msdash from the virtual c drive when it is powered on from the eject button. could someone please help me to achieve this?

#7 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(h4xx3d @ Oct 29 2005, 11:31 PM)
i;;; set fan speed (if omitted then no fan speed change)
%define FAN_SPEED    0022h      ; < CHANGE IT HERE speed 10-50 * 2 = % (000Ah-0032h)

sets a fan speed A - 32 hex is 20% - 100%
;;; tray dual/tri-boot enable
%define TRAY_BOOT

sets a dual boot (different bootpath with tray open
;;; tri-boot enable < dual is default, with tray_boot enabled
;%define TRI_BOOT

sets a tri boot extra option to boot habibi signed disc with dual boot option

;;; tray open > patch back MS key or not, then run tray open dash
%define PATCH_BACK_MS_KEY

patches back the public key making your kernel retail and then usually boots to a retail xboxdash.xbe

could you please tell me what these values do? what i want to end up with is a system that boots to my defined dashboard when the power button is pressed, and boots to the msdash from the virtual c drive when it is powered on from the eject button. could someone please help me to achieve this?

View Post

if you want a normal dash just set the dash path to your dash location.

for the virtual msdash path it's not directly possible with the current version. It can only boot to a habibi signed xbe so if you wanna load a dash from the virtual C you must direct it to another nkpatcher which loads the main dash from the virtual C

can you explain what really your problem is? does it always boot to the msdash or something? in that case did you fill in msdash files only on the xboxhdm C setup or something?

#8 h4xx3d

h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:46 PM

oh okay, thank you. i see why it was booting the image reguardless now.
i had thought "%define PATCH_BACK_MS_KEY" was required to boot the msdash from the virtual drive. but alright, a second nkpatcher sounds good to me!

hehe, i really have no idea what's going on. it appears as though the xboxhdm format failed. as all the nkpatcher and uxe files were still present afterwards. i was thoroughly confused as i could still see the actual c files through ftp, but nothing seems to affect them, even though my virtual c drive should have appeared to be completely retail. oh well. just maybe looking into it might be a good idea? also i had used the shadowc util from the uxe complete package on xbins to create my drive image. i ran it while my c drive had nothing but retail msdash files on it. not sure if that would make a difference. if worse comes to worse, i've got a spare xbox drive lying around.

#9 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:51 AM

if it's not to late look here wink.gif
http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3010599

0 user(s) are reading this topic