Crimsonnblue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Heres the issue.. the damn holes on the top side of my friends mobo are solid... how do I go about installing the spiderchip in the wires wont hold in place?? Any help is really really appreciated. Im trying to avoid a solder since its not my xbox... that and I suck and dont know how to.

Edited by Crimsonnblue, 30 October 2005 - 06:56 PM.

#2 berg487

berg487

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

I don't think the chip is soderless with 1.6b mine had the solid holes like yours did so I switched xboxes with my brother and opened his up and his had the holes that where in the diagram on the website. I have hooked the chip up now and goten all the led lit up when the chip is off but once I turn the chip on the D0 led goes out and the chip acts like it isn't set right. anybody have any sujestion on how to get the D0 light to stay on?

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:54 PM

These chips are rubbish ! They say solderless on all models but it's easier to solder a LPC rebuild on a V1.6 / V1.6b than it is to open up the small holes in the motherboard so you can stick the legs in !

You can try using a needle but you could do damage to the motherboard so be carefull !

If you know how to solder then rebuild the lpc using wires and forget the spiders legs ! Then just soder d0 !

HackDaBox !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users