3 replies to this topic

#1 drunknbass

drunknbass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:17 PM

ok i currently have my xbox connected to my laptop via crossover cable and the laptop has wifi and i can connect to xbc easy, but id like to get my xbox set up to connect to the router direct without using my laptop because i dont like having to bridge conections to get xbmc and gamesaves etc to work.
i was looking at this setup on xbconnect site

user posted image
and i figured having the computers connected to a hub/router by wire or wireless shouldnt matter, but i keep reading that people cant get it to work. id like to have my laptop connect to the router by wifi (like it already does) and get a unit to connect the xbox to the router also by wifi. trying to get the xbox to set up its own connection and establish its own ip.
if this doesnt work are there any other equally or more popular tunneling programs that can connect this way

#2 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:33 AM

The closest you could get would be a wireless laptop with a patch cable coming from the laptop's ethernet to a router, then split it up and have a connection to the xbox, that would simplify it but you'd still need to have it connected to the laptop

#3 drunknbass

drunknbass

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

what do you mean? like having the xbox on wireless and laptop wireless and having them connect to each other via wireless connection?. then have the laptop wired into a router via ethernet?
i didnt know you could connect 2 pcs with wifi together the same as if they were connected with a crossover cable

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:09 AM

Yepo, if you connect your xbox to your computer via a crossover it'll work, I've got a setup at my house where I have a wifi laptop, connected to my wired router, where that connection is split to 3 other pc's and an xbox and it works perfectly, you really could get away doing it with a switch, you don't plug the laptop into the Internet port, but just any of the others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users