• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ol!ver

Ol!ver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:44 PM

I use Evox as my main dash, but am finding I'm using XBMC more and more. Is it possible to say, boot to Evox as default, but if I hold a trigger or something at boot it runs XBMC instead?

That make sense?

Cheers biggrin.gif

#2 Statecowboy

Statecowboy

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

Depending on what chip you are using you may be able to set it to boot straight to xbmc. For instance, with an x3, you can customize the boot priority. You just point to the partition where the ****.xbe file is, and it will boot from there.

I'm not sure about evox, but I know with avalaunch you can program quick launch functions to launch by holding down certain buttons or combinations thereof.

#3 spartan024

spartan024

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:50 PM

I myself edited my Evox ini so that it boots to Evox, but there is a dashboard menu that I use to select either UnleashX, XBMC, UIX, and M$ dash. Once you know how to edit the .ini, you can do just about anything you want to do.

#4 Ol!ver

Ol!ver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(spartan024 @ Oct 31 2005, 01:01 AM)
I myself edited my Evox ini so that it boots to Evox, but there is a dashboard menu that I use to select either UnleashX, XBMC, UIX, and M$ dash. Once you know how to edit the .ini, you can do just about anything you want to do.

View Post

Yeah that's how I'm working now, just wondered if I could make it so I hold a trigger and it auto runs XBMC instead of Evox.....

Im running one of the Alladin chips, no idea which one I'm afraid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users