Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

some look like ones we've seen b4 but check it out...

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2224_en.html

Now check this out..

Xbox versus 360..click on link...

http://server5.theim..._vs_Xbox360.jpg

Look at the fire, the ground, walls, the opening that shows whats beyond that room. You cant even see thru the rain on the xbox version to the outside. Not bad for a port I must admit. Not next gen for sure, but but not bad not bad beerchug.gif

#2 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:10 PM

With the fire pci which is what?? Both look the same to me, one has rain and the other doesn't.. I don't see any obvious difference

#3 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Oct 31 2005, 04:21 PM)
With the fire pci which is what?? Both look the same to me, one has rain and the other doesn't.. I don't see any obvious difference

View Post

Excuse me?!

EXCUSE ME!!

Wow, just wow.

Look at the fuggin ground. Look at the fuggin walls. Look at the draw distance outside. Look at everything.

I feel for you if ya don't see a difference.

#4 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 31 2005, 05:24 PM)
Excuse me?!

EXCUSE ME!!

Wow, just wow.

Look at the fuggin ground. Look at the fuggin walls. Look at the draw distance outside. Look at everything.

I feel for you if ya don't see a difference.

View Post

Sorry dude, I wish I could see what you are talking about. I love the Xbox 360 thus far, just like you, but I don't see any noticable difference blink.gif

#5 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Oct 31 2005, 05:21 PM)

View Post

Seriously? The fact that the firepit looks like it was hewn from rock and not just someone's crusty ashtray should be obvious enough. But look at the pillars... the 360 pics have actual etchings in them and not what looks like sandpaper rubbings as textures. I think it looks a helluva lot better on 360. Lemme guess, you don't see a difference between DOA3 and DOA4 either... dry.gif

#6 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Oct 31 2005, 04:30 PM)
Sorry dude, I wish I could see what you are talking about. I love the Xbox 360 thus far, just like you, but I don't see any noticable difference blink.gif

View Post

Wow. I am speechless

The ground alone is a HUGE difference!

Look at the walls!!

how can you not see a difference?! uhh.gif

Edited by Deftech, 31 October 2005 - 09:22 PM.

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

If he can't see a difference then he never will...

Don't even bother buying a PS3 your PS1 will do just fine...

#8 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:16 PM

great comparison pics.considering this is a port and a first generation game,i cant believe how much more alive the 360 screen looks.everything just seems so crisp and sharp,plus the lighting seems much more realistic.

if this is what were gettin now......well i cant even imagine the future! beerchug.gif

#9 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, the problem is that we often tend to forget how crappy the graphics actually are in Xbox and this is a good reminder that even a slight upgrade in resolution, texture resolution and number of polygons will make a huge difference when seen next to each other.

We all have memories from the past and those memories that we cherish the most, we tend to create conceptions in our minds that are usually better than they actually were in reality. This is called nostalgia, to which all of us must be quilty to some extend. I remember many n64 and PSX games looking much better than they actually are (or how they play) and when I try them later, I feel seriously underwhelmed.

Here's a plausible scenario: many people will get the x360, play for a year and think that the graphics are quite nice, but that x360 wasn't such a big step from original Xbox. Then, in some occasion they try out the original Xbox when visiting a friend or something and have this oh-my-eyes, were Xbox graphics really *this* bad -experience ph34r.gif

You know, It has happened before.

Edited by jizmo, 31 October 2005 - 11:49 PM.

#10 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Nov 1 2005, 12:56 AM)
Yeah, the problem is that we often tend to forget how crappy the graphics actually are in Xbox and this is a good reminder that even a slight upgrade in resolution, texture resolution and number of polygons will make a huge difference when seen next to each other.

We all have memories from the past and those memories that we cherish the most, we tend to create conceptions in our minds that are usually better than they actually were in reality. This is called nostalgia, to which all of us must be quilty to some extend. I remember many n64 and PSX games looking much better than they actually are (or how they play) and when I try them later, I feel seriously underwhelmed.

Here's a plausible scenario: many people will get the x360, play for a year and think that the graphics are quite nice, but that x360 wasn't such a big step from original Xbox. Then, in some occasion they try out the original Xbox when visiting a friend or something and have this oh-my-eyes, were Xbox graphics really *this* bad -experience  ph34r.gif

You know, It has happened before.

View Post

i agree mostly,apart from your first point.i dont see xbox graphics as 'crappy' but then the only thing ive had to compare with is ps2.i suppose we all have differing opinions,which is why life is so fun pop.gif

#11 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Nov 1 2005, 03:09 AM)
i agree mostly,apart from your first point.i dont see xbox graphics as 'crappy' but then the only thing ive had to compare with is ps2.i suppose we all have differing opinions,which is why life is so fun pop.gif

View Post

Get a 37" LCD tv and a component cable and 480p games definitely look pretty crappy when compared to the few 720p ones wink.gif

I get the oh-my-eyes even with current gen every time I switch from HDTV to EDTV res.

#12 Jason9875

Jason9875

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:29 AM

Wow... I am speechless...

For all the wrong reasons.

The Xbox 360 version blew me away with how CRAPPY it looks.

Sure it looks way better then the xbox version, but those graphics are hardly anything I would ever oggle at, I mean its not even running AA!

Meh I guess I was expecting to much, you know I thought it would at least surpase the Mad Mod Mike/Luna/Toy Shop demos.

#13 gaz_dennis

gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Nov 1 2005, 01:23 AM)
Get a 37" LCD tv and a component cable and 480p games definitely look pretty crappy when compared to the few 720p ones wink.gif

I get the oh-my-eyes even with current gen every time I switch from HDTV to EDTV res.

View Post

please could u send me the aforementioned 37" lcd tv, if u could also supply the component cable i would be much obliged.Thank you beerchug.gif

#14 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:26 AM

i have seen vids of the ps2 and xbox version and have played the 360 version in person but i didnt even realize the huge jump they have made in graphics until i have seen the comparison shot. hot damn they did a lot to improve. whoever cant see the difference is a loon and needs to have their eyes checked. this game looked gorgeous for a multi-gen port and i cant wait to own it. at the walmart this is one of the games that drew the crowd and razzle-dazzled them how good the animals looked and moved. everything from the weatber to how the rocks and fire look took a huge leap beyond what even i imagined.

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

damn DP grr.gif

Edited by KAGE360, 01 November 2005 - 01:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users