Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE(Jason9875 @ Oct 31 2005, 07:40 PM)
Wow... I am speechless...

For all the wrong reasons.

The Xbox 360 version blew me away with how CRAPPY it looks.

Sure it looks way better then the xbox version, but those graphics are hardly anything I would ever oggle at, I mean its not even running AA!

Meh I guess I was expecting to much, you know I thought it would at least surpase the Mad Mod Mike/Luna/Toy Shop demos.

View Post

That is NOT the point of this thread. Is there a difference or not is the point, not if it looks next gen or takes advantage of the 360. rolleyes.gif

Noones oogling, well I'm not, and I started it. It kills the xbox version and looks good for a cross platform title. I thought the 360 version would look a lot worse honestly and Im pleased to see thay did indeed put more effort into it than expected.

Want me to slap up NFS:MW xbox and 360 comparison pics? now thats a pos port from what I can see at the present time.

moving along....

#17 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 31 2005, 09:58 PM)
That is NOT the point of this thread. Is there a difference or not is the point, not if it looks next gen or takes advantage of the 360.  rolleyes.gif

Noones oogling, well I'm not, and I started it. It kills the xbox version and looks good for a cross platform title. I thought the 360 version would look a lot worse honestly and Im pleased to see thay did indeed put more effort into it than expected.

Want me to slap up NFS:MW xbox and 360 comparison pics? now thats a pos port from what I can see at the present time.

moving along....

View Post

This is definately a good representation of what value games and cross platform games will probably look.

#18 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 31 2005, 05:32 PM)
Wow. I am speechless

The ground alone is a HUGE difference!

Look at the walls!!

how can you not see a difference?!  uhh.gif

View Post

HA HA HA I'm not blind just stupid

The pics were side by side, I thought that was all one scence... soanswer is YES I can see the difference and it looks GREAT

And for the guy who posted that the graphics are better but not great, these guys expect way too much

#19 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Nov 2 2005, 01:30 PM)
HA HA HA I'm not blind just stupid

The pics were side by side, I thought that was all one scence... soanswer is YES I can see the difference and it looks GREAT

And for the guy who posted that the graphics are better but not great, these guys expect way too much

View Post

LOL!

Now it makes sense why you couldnt see a difference, there was none the way you did it! tongue.gif

Atleast you were honest beerchug.gif

#20 JimmyDeushku

JimmyDeushku

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:01 AM

I've played this game so many times at GameStop. The pics don't even do the game justice. It looks much, much better up close on that nice Samsung LCD TV they have!! This is definetly a launch day buy for me!!

beerchug.gif

#21 Jason9875

Jason9875

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 31 2005, 09:58 PM)
That is NOT the point of this thread. Is there a difference or not is the point, not if it looks next gen or takes advantage of the 360.  rolleyes.gif

View Post

I expected the xbox 360 version to look better then it currently does, exspecially when compared to the xbox version, sure it looks better, but not anything major.

But hey thats not the point of the thread apparantly, even though the topic title is just "Some new King Kong Pics"

rolleyes.gif

#22 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

rolleyes.gif

#23 ThE MaSTeR 3

ThE MaSTeR 3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:52 AM

Im the person that took the xbox screen capture and put the comparison screenshot together. Ive played both the xbox and xbox360 demo of king kong and I must say the 360 version truly looks next gen while the xbox version looks great for an xbox game but looks like crap in comparison.

#24 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(ThE MaSTeR 3 @ Nov 2 2005, 09:03 PM)
Im the person that took the xbox screen capture and put the comparison screenshot together. Ive played both the xbox and xbox360 demo of king kong and I must say the 360 version truly looks next gen while the xbox version looks great for an xbox game but looks like crap in comparison.

View Post

Even the pc version looks like crap next to the 360 version. Thanks for putting them together beerchug.gif

And why anyone *expected* more from a game that was primarily built for the ps2, is beyond me. Its no secret the ps2 was the lead platform for most of the games development.

I can't wait 'till the whole port issue is resolved. Having a port between Rev, ps3 and 360 is welcomed, having ports that trickle over from the ps2 is just disgusting and sinful. The sooner all 3 next gen consoles are out together, the better. The worst looking versions will still kick ass, unlike the present time.

#25 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:28 AM

The only bad thing about next gen is that its gonna cost me about $1000 come 11/22/05. The pics are great. Got any other side by sides!

#26 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

how about this its looks nice for a first generation next generation game? tongue.gif

#27 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:49 AM

tongue.gif

or...

"it looks nice for a first generation ported cross platform next generation game"

pop.gif

#28 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

cross platform will always dissapoint some people but still make others happy. just like a "cross platform" hooker.

#29 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:33 AM

being xbox fans we should all be used to cross platform below potential games! beerchug.gif

#30 aic007

aic007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:56 AM

lets do cross comparisons of nba2k smile.gif The new vid they put up @ ign looks like real live game coverage. That game is f'n amazing. Not a big fan of sports games but the original 2k on dreamcast killed and I will prob pick this up if for anything else to show off the POWER OF X!!!!

Edited by aic007, 03 November 2005 - 06:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users