• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:06 AM

i dont know if this has been made by i wold love to see a tut on how to make custom profiles like on code junkies. I love all these hacked profiles people make but i would really really love to make my own stuff so if anyone can help me with this i would be very happy.

#2 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

For the most part, beginning stats/feats/powers etc come from editing the appropriate 2da files, dumping them in an override folder and starting a new game.
I'm just assuming this is what you're referring to, you'll have to tell me otherwise.

If you want more specific answers, you'll need to ask more specific questions ...as I seem to keep telling people. huh.gif

#3 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

Yes Sir VoxAngel i just would like to know how thos profiles are made on your web site, i just ask becuase you said they were not hacked saves but saves made from a hacked game so thats what i was asking. Basically i jsut wanted to know how someone like your self and JAY FNG make thos custom content profiles with all those custom item like sabers robes and armour etc etc.......

#4 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

What you're "basically" asking here is how to mod the entire game, or something very close to it.

FNG has access to information that most don't... such as the ability to resign a gamesave after modifying it. Although I can't say for certain, I don't think he actually mods the game files, but values in the save itself.
This is fine for some things, but it's limited with games like K1&2 which rely so heavily on scripting. Not to mention graphics and such.

This forum, and Holowan Labs offer enough information that anyone who is willing to do some reading, will be able to get a handle on the whole modding issue. It's a fairly easy game to mod, and nearly every conceivable aspect of it has been covered... and then some. I suggest you do some reading first and then ask whatever questions come to mind.
Ask your questions here though, since the PC modders tend to overlook the xbox angle like the plague, so you won't get much help elsewhere (even though the similarities in modding are almost identical overall).

#5 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:56 PM

ok sounds good ill go back there and poruse what is there i guess FNG is just special. But yes your right read first questions later. Thanks for the advice and information Vox. Oh ps im gonna assume your done modding this game but if your not i have to say the saves you have on your site for K 1&2 were awsome and i dont know about any body else but i wouldnt mind seeing some more like that.

#6 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:52 PM

yeah its just all the sites i go to seem to be focused only on the pc version so it just would be nice to see a section soley dedicated to xbox modding but what ever ill shutup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users