#1 rdefrei1

rdefrei1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 04:56 PM

Hi.....

Does anybody knows if I install the X-Ecuter Mod Chip on the Xbox I'll need to flash the bios of the Xbox to be able to swap a HD?

I use to have a enigmahX on it but now I'll have to flash the bios if I want to swap the HD so I'm thinking to buy a mod chip that I could do it without flashing the bios. I know that the X-Ecuter Mod Chip comes with the bios V2.3.....

I was looking also on the new openxbox mod chip but I don't know if this mod is real a good one. Does anybody have it one installed and working to tell me about it...........

Is it able to swap the HD also with the openxbox Mod? Do I have to flash the bios of the Xbox to do it?

Help............

Thanks........ wink.gif

#2 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:04 PM

if you buy the x-ecuter, you won't have to flash your onboard bios to swap hard drives. In fact, you can't flash your onboard bios with x-ecuter.
x-ecuter does not come with evox 2.3 bios. it comes with x-ecuter's bios.
openxbox is also a great chip (it's a favorite among many people), and as long as put the correct bios on that chip you can swap your hard drive.

#3 rdefrei1

rdefrei1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:27 PM

Right now I have a enigmahX ModChip but I already damaged one Xbox before and now I have a new one. I've bought a 80GB HD and paid someone to prep. and install some games on it, the only thing is that he said that I will need to flash the bios to be able to use the new HD with teh enigmahX Mod. I'm kind of scared right now, I don't want to damaged another unit so I was trying to find a diferrent solution.

I'm seeing that u have yours flashed is that difficult to do it?

Also if I buy the openxbox where can I get the new bios..........I just have the EVO2.2

dry.gif

#4 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:28 PM

my bios is not flashed, but it shouldn't be too hard to do if i wanted to flash it.
you'll have to look around (most likely in IRC or newsgroups) for bios images for the openxbox chip.

#5 rdefrei1

rdefrei1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:32 PM

Do you thing that if I use a openxbox with EVO2.3
Do I still need to flash the bios to be able to swap the HD.......or not?

#6 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:35 PM

no

#7 rdefrei1

rdefrei1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:39 PM

Ok so the best buy still the openxbox mod........because you can flash it with different bios.........

I'll get one right now.............

Thanks........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users