Photo

Gta San Andreas Wont Load Of Hard Dirive!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 teknogeek1300

teknogeek1300

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:30 PM

Ok, this was posted (by me) on another site after figuring it out (took me 6 hours, lmao). This tutorial is writen for the most un-knolegable people!

1: Get "dvd2xbox" version 0.5.1 or higher working. (This tutorial is writen based on 0.5.1, so if some of the options are not the same, I hope you know how to atleast get a game to the hard drive.)

2: Select the destination folder.

3: Press start if all info is correct.

4: Once the game is SUCCESFULLY copied, eject the game (if it didn't do it for you) and reset the xbox.

5: I'm running EvoX (not sure what the version is smile.gif, but I see the numbers "+3935" ). Goto "Sytem Managment">"EvoX Settings".

6: Now scrool down using the D-Pad, not joystick, untill you find "Video" in yellow, under that you should see 2 setting... "Video Standard" and "Game Region". Change "Video Standard" to "NTSC-North America" by pressing the "A" button. (This option may not be changable, as long as it fits you currunt game version.) Now change "Game Region" to "North America (NTSC)" by pressing the "A" button untill you get to that option.

7: Now scroll further down untill you see the "TSR" option located under neith the "Misc" section. Change it to read "Debug" by pressing the "A" button once again.

8: Scroll a little further down untill you see the option "Save And Exit". Select it and you sould be back at the previouse menu.

9: Tun off you XBOX, do not reset! Manually turn off you XBOX and you're set!

If you have any questions reguarding this tutorial or "dvdtoxbox" setup. You can contact me directly at: teknogeek1300@gmail.com

Hope this helps on the's forums too too.

#2 Raevir

Raevir

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:44 PM

Man, I was going crazy trying to figure out how to get this to work. Much appreciated, man!

#3 teknogeek1300

teknogeek1300

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

Glad I could help biggrin.gif.

#4 TyMann58

TyMann58

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

im having the same problem, is this for modded xbox's only??

#5 itsme185

itsme185

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE(TyMann58 @ Dec 11 2005, 09:35 AM) View Post

im having the same problem, is this for modded xbox's only??

dude what does the title say? excuse me if im wrong but can you play a game off the hdd if its not modded(or tsop, softmod ect ect) ? biggrin.gif

#6 richard_cabeza

richard_cabeza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

Yo, thanks for the tutorial! Credits are loading now and I'm packing a bowl. I got big plans for the weekend. muhaha.gif

#7 i800phyco

i800phyco

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:running over jackalopes in my car wow people realy read these and your proof
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:13 AM

Yet another way to do this is copy with dvd2xbox then use any dash besides evox to launch the game. biggrin.gif

#8 slingshot2170

slingshot2170

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

I had no problems loading my game. The actual problem lies in a clock error. Simply resetting the clock will fix it. All the EvoX settings might have something to do with it, but it works fine for me within any dash. Nice effort though.

#9 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

uhhhh are you ok? no need for a tut. Just launch it with a newer dash than EvoX (that no one should be using) and it will work fine. I just copied it and booted it using avalaunch and it booted up fine the first time.

#10 royko

royko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

I have seen this fix for Evox dashes, but nothing for Avalaunch:

I have a Pal xbox (Xbox 1.6, Duox v2, Avalaunch 0.49.3 Xmas Edition, 120 Gig HD) and am trying to play the NTSC version of GTA:San Andreas.

Other NTSC games work fine, but GTA reboots to the dash if I try to play from the CD or from the hard drive (copying worked no problem).

Any advice?

Edited by royko, 12 January 2006 - 05:37 PM.

#11 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

IT works perfectly fine for me off of the HDD with Ava. IDK it wont for yall.

#12 DarkLegion

DarkLegion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:33 AM

I am currently having the same problem, and it does seem to be xbox specific.My box is a V1.1 PAL Australian box with a duox2 flashed with the last 256K X2 bios.I tried forcing the various regions with the soft switches in various dashes and also did a hard switch with Engimah's NTSC-PAL switcher.Then I read this post and fixed up the clock issue, but it is still not working.
Another V1.0 Australian PAL box I modded with an old style cheapmod, works fine both from the disc and from the HDD.The only possible problem I can think of is that I copied over the game from FTP with the V1.1 (through various methods) while with the V1.0 I copied from the disc with dvd2xbox.It also works straight from the disc with the V1.0 box.The V1.1 does not have a working laser so I can't test that method right now, but since it does not work from disc for some people I think that rules the issue out.

BTW I also tried clearing the cache which is what I initially though the problem was.These are the files/directories I cleared:
Contents of E:/CACHE
X:/
Y:/
Z:/

Are there any other files that need to be cleared?

Thanks in advance for any help

#13 celticsfan

celticsfan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/celticsfan2k4.jpg[/img]
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

Im using xbmc as my dash and im getting a dirty disc error when i try to launch it, could this have something to do with it?

#14 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:52 AM

AFAIK, the game has region copy protection, so NTSC won't work on PAL and vice versa. The various video settings and region settings can have luck for some poeple (note, setting your video on a PAL xbox to NTSC does NOT change the region setting....load something like Config Magic and you'll see your dvd region is still set to 4, not 1...).

Anyways, I have a ppf patch that dvd2xbox will use (in the same fashion as an acl patch), which hex edits the region setting so it works. I've tested this on a PAL xbox running the NTSC version on the hdd (if you want to run from dvd you'd have to patch the xbe first then reburn). I dunno if it works on the PAL game running on an NTSC machine.

PM if someone can host it and I'll pass it on happily (hmm...hope I still have it)

#15 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:18 AM

as long as its only a ppf (not the actual default.xbe file)
you can host it here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users