jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:36 PM

First of all I want to point out that I'm not trying to brag with this, but .. well actually yes I am. biggrin.gif

I just got my tickets to this digital entertainment fair which will have x360's with fresh installed Project Gotham 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo and Fifa soccer (for the first time), on some HDTV displays. Some network gaming competitions will be held, hopefully with PD0, I'm not sure about that yet. I'll try to keep you informed about how the games look, feel and play these days.

That's my plan for tomorrow .. so what are *you* going to do this weekend then? tongue.gif

Edited by jizmo, 04 November 2005 - 01:38 PM.

#2 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Nov 4 2005, 12:43 PM)
That's my plan for tomorrow .. so what are *you* going to do this weekend then? tongue.gif

View Post

I'm going to have sex with my girlfriend then try to have sex with her the day after and if she refuses I will have sex with myself. dry.gif

What are the rest of you doing? huh.gif

You luck B*****d! I really am jeleous of you. grr.gif Enjoy it and we all expect in depth reviews of the games. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Edited by Ozy, 04 November 2005 - 08:43 PM.

#3 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Nov 4 2005, 10:41 PM)
Enjoy it and we all expect in depth reviews of the games.  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif [/b]

View Post

Consider it done beerchug.gif

#4 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(jizmo @ Nov 4 2005, 09:33 PM)
Consider it done beerchug.gif

View Post

beerchug.gif

#5 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:55 AM

Here's the deal short: it was TGS all over again. Old builds. Rooftop of PD0 playable. I did beat the level but it just sucked major ass, absolutely nothing to write to home about,

PGR3 was by far the best game there, no other title looked like the next-gen title there King kong ran about 5fps amd was really a sad, sad deal to watch. PD0 was just downright bad, we got to play the rooftop level and the controls were sluggish, graphics bad and AI sucked ass big time. Just stupid.

No game had AA. Absolutely none - and they were running on 720p for sure.

The demos were just like the ones I saw in TGS. I've read tons of revies of PDZ and PGR3 running at 60fps with AA on nowadays, but it was evident that these demos had no such thing. They actually got a pretty back feedback from the audience and it was easy to get to play the games as people were leaving from demo stands. I'll still be waiting for the the final reports on games, but these games didn't lure anyone into buying the console.

On the positive note we had fifa 2006 playable and it looked really good, 720p resolution really makes a huge difference, you can name every man on the field while you're playing. Don't take this review as the definite truth, we were given the same kind of consoles that are present in old game demos. I'm sure the mileage will vary with final products.

Best news: PGR3 really does justify getting the console alone, it's really that good.

Edited by jizmo, 06 November 2005 - 02:58 AM.

#6 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:04 AM

Hopefully there will be huge differences in the final build of PD0 but in the A.I. department all the videos ive seen so far and im pretty sure ive seen em all show that the A.I. is horribley stupid.

Glad to hear that PGR3 is great, relly lookin forward to that and Condemned on launch! Thx for the disapointing info. beerchug.gif

#7 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:20 AM

king kong has perfect framerates at walmart blink.gif

#8 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Nov 6 2005, 05:11 AM)
Glad to hear that PGR3 is great,

View Post

It really is. We're talking about old build here, one or two months old with some graphical bugs dropping frame rate, but people were all over it. You could get to play all the other titles easily, but for PGR, you had to queue.

The cockpit view feels amazingly authentic.

#9 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

Perfect dark zero AI is stupid because it is on easy mode. that's why you get the arrows pointing where you should go.

Unlike games where on dificulty settings the emermy health is turned up and down, pd0 has AI settings.

If you play a game on easy how do you expect the AI to be great. Plus it is an old build.

#10 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:18 PM

why cant stores have PGR and PD0 DEMOS!!?!?!?!

#11 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Nov 6 2005, 06:25 PM)
why cant stores have PGR and PD0 DEMOS!!?!?!?!

View Post

Because M$ have orginisation skills of the UK national lottery. Things go at random, some time M$ will get lucky and do things right after a few games, but most of the time the chances are slim.

#12 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Nov 6 2005, 07:28 PM)
Because M$ have orginisation skills of the UK national lottery. Things go at random, some time M$ will get lucky and do things right after a few games, but most of the time the chances are slim.

View Post

Or Kameo, COD2, and King Kong are the only games ready for a solid-running demo.

#13 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Nov 6 2005, 06:32 PM)
Or Kameo, COD2, and King Kong are the only games ready for a solid-running demo.

View Post

With 2.5 weeks to launch? Kinda worrying if it's true.

We have have very little marketing for the x360, theirs the posters in stores, the pathetic kiosks and no one has seen a finished game yet.

How are M$ going to get the hype up. Sure the console is preordered out but that is because people are hoping that this console is going to blow them away come november 22nd, but so far have had nothing that will convince them.

If M$ showed a little footage of games that are finished or close to finished then the hype would up again, "OMFG that looks amazing" and stuff like that.

But nooooo, all we've seen is unfished games on consoles in kiosks that are slowly melting because of the high heat.

Edited by Ozy, 06 November 2005 - 08:04 PM.

#14 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

Well how do we know they are unfinished. Thats pretty dumb if they send out old beta versions of the games for demos and not final products. For all we know they could be either old builds or the final versions.

#15 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:40 PM

It... Is... A... LAUNCH.

We should be so fortunate that there are even kiosks in the first place. It's hard to put together a demo. Time must be taken to code and build a disc that ONLY plays 1 level or so. So if the kiosks come out 1 month before launch (as they did with 360), and it took 1 month to build the demo disc (which I'm probably being generous on), then the demos on the kiosks are at minimum 2 months younger than their final builds! And I'm SURE developers aren't happy about drawing resources off a project that they will probably be working overtime on until the last possible second. So the demo discs are old builds, that aren't getting full publishing attention... surprise, they have bugs. This is not dumb... it's what they had to work with. I don't believe Xbox or PS2 had any kiosks out until after the holiday rush anyways.

Chill. Most optimizations take place in the last 2 months before launch.

Edited by LowProfileWurm, 06 November 2005 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users