Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:51 AM

Im EXTREMELY PISSED OFF, i can't begin to describe how ignorant and god damn lazy these WALMART EMPLOYEES are, i finally got my hands on the 360, i loaded up COD2 and the first thing i see is that there jaggies and an EXTREME yellow tint on the tv, so i go through the game and it looked amazing better the max settings on the demo(besides resolution, and i am aware full game has higher texture settings.) now i couldn't finish it, i cant play without inverted joystick and i saw no option to change it so now i move on to KAMEO. This game is down right BEAUTIFUL but again jaggies-non issue as of now to me. Kameo had to be the most fun game and defiantly has me thinking of buying it. Now the most visually impressing game so far and thats Peter Jacksons KING KONG, i can tell you right now that OUT OF EVERY GAME I HAVE PLAYED the most graphically impressive MADE straight out no contest is king kong on the 360, my mouth WAS hanging open playing it, i was awe struck and it looked so beautiful i couldn't care less with no AA on it.

now obviously i noticed there was no AA, but i could tell it was running interlaced on COD2. I went and asked a lady behind me if shed mind letting me get into the dashboard(actual) she was so pissed i even dared to stop her from the most important talk with her friend KISHA, with a cocky attitude she basically told me to get one yourself and you can do whatever the damn well you please with it cause i don't give a shit. Ok now Im slightly aggravated and i realized that not a single BLACK LADY there is gonna help me(now let me explain, i DO have a slight dislike to African Americans, BUT i SURELY do not judge an individual until i speak to them because i have many black friends and the agree with my annoyances but still this is a problem that has grown on me because of the mistreatment that i get from this race every day)

so Im pissed.....i walk over to PS2 demo of burnout revenge, i noticed it looked like they managed to get a resolution lower then 640x480 on the tv lol, while Im playing a women(African, but shes nice let me go on ok?) speaks to a walmart employee(whos white....)she walks away after dealing with him and says he hates me....dumb redneck, so i comment "its ok, that one black lady over there almost killed me for asking her a question" she laughed and said "yeah i saw that." Ok so the guy she was talking to i notice has a xbox key chain round his neck so i go follow him, he seems like hes in a rush, following him on the outer perimeter of the store he stops up front by the cash registers so i go talk to him. I asked him if he knows anything about the xbox 360.....he takes about 10 seconds to even turn his head and acknowledge me so i go on about how it looks amazing but i don't think HD is enable. So after staring at me he says"MS said its high definition" so i asked him has he seen the dashboard himself "MS said it is" getting pissy-er, so i ask him if i can look around its dashboard "OF COOOUURSE, theres nothing better i can do with my time then go help you with your VERY IMPORTANT problem" i went on and said of course, i know how important your job is here and that its so painful to do it you like to go on walks around the store as fast as possible avoiding human contact, walking back to your department and standing there for a little bit, and circling the store again.....and again.....and again.....i can't imagine how hard your life is, i mean i bet you have to do everything around here yourself...... he walks off, later when Im leaving the store i see him walking back by the jewelery section circling the store, again rolleyes.gif shame the manager wasn't there.

Defiantly gonna try and get ahold of the manager.

#2 kristonex

kristonex

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Nov 5 2005, 01:58 AM)
Im EXTREMELY PISSED OFF, i can't begin to describe how ignorant and god damn lazy these WALMART EMPLOYEES are,

View Post

AMEN BROTHER! I couldn't agree with you more

#3 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(kristonex @ Nov 5 2005, 02:19 AM)
AMEN BROTHER!  I couldn't agree with you more

View Post

YES im not alone!

to bad the nice fellows over at gamestop said they wont be getting s kiosk....i went there first

#4 Brizzzer

Brizzzer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

While, I feel that Wal-mart lacks the employees to manage the gaming area. I do like the fact that wal-mart setup these kiosks for people like us to try out before we get a chance to buy the console. I did however get to play on a somewhat correctly kiosk setup. I think they have it set on 720p or something like that with the volume at full. So I loaded of COD2 just like you did and while the graphics were not much of a change I did like how smooth the game ran. Even with the dashboard loading up during game(pressing the center button.) it ran great. In the end I played for 15mins cause I had half the store watching me due to the volume set at full. lol

#5 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

lol, i got to the part where you need to radio re-inforcements or w/e it was and gave up i cant play any game that wont invert the looking joystick dry.gif kameo had and inverted option and so did king kong

but COD2 looked better then the PC demo texture wise dispite the bad tv calibration and 480i(atleast looked better then my 6800gt) and it ran smooth

and the controller is almost perfect! only gripe is i want my thumbsticks to be slightly stiffer and i have a new love over the horrible ps2 controller i hate that thing, S controller until i die...no better out there

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 05 November 2005 - 02:33 AM.

#6 Brizzzer

Brizzzer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:39 AM

You can invert the joy stick dumby. I had to do or I could not play. lol You have to go into options and controls. tongue.gif Well I acually only played like 5 mins or so of it. The rest of the time I mess with the dashboard. I could not play to well with the controler cause it was tied to the handle thing.(At 6' 5" 300lbs). But the 2 sholder buttons threw me off a bit cause they threw the 2 types of grenades.

#7 Plagued

Plagued

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:45 AM

These people are a joke. I find it hard to believe that even if someone has no interest in their job that they can know so little. I had a similar experience in a Levi shop trying to buy a pair of jeans, I mean how difficult can it be to understand trousers.
Over here one of our hardware stores has cut down on employing kids and people who can't be arsed with life and started employing retired tradesman.
I bet 90% of the people here have found themselfs in a store helping out a fellow customer while the staff sit about scratching their arses.
Puting a uniform on someone might help their appearance but doesn't help their total lack of enthusiasm.

Although even at the official xbox bash over here half the TFTs were poorly set up, but at least the xbox's were set correctly.

#8 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:woman booze hairy chickens ohh and XBOX!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:48 AM

well at my wakmart some pregnant white girl that was very trashy, picture roseanne barr mixed with a whore.... and well she new a ton about the system like one of her babies fathers must talk about it a lot only get this..... She told everyone in ear shot how it was a waste of money, the graphics are worst than a xbox, not to buy one, there a waste ....blah blah blah, the whole time I am thinking a few things:

#1 boy wont MS be excited to know how there product is being represented in this store after all they pay big money to have the item even on display. And trust me any employee can be fired for degrading a game or system that a store carries as there are contracts and tons o' money involved....

#2 Are you blind come on

#3 who the hell is dumb enough to knock you up, damn I didnt know they made booze that strong

#9 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:58 AM

lol, i love our local gamestop here, theres a little chubby man in his 30's who is only about a couple days late on all the rumors, but definatly the most helpful man and knoweldgeable ive had in a game store

best buy employees are nice, but on the majority occasion dumb

but ive never just been down right treated like shit by someone i can remember before today, and i want to know the best way of going about complaint

#10 grogger13

grogger13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:30 AM

i want to call a couple of stores to find out what happening on release, but im pretty sure i'll get the kind of people you guys are talking about. Even if they are nice they probly wont know anything. Last year i called up eb games and asked if i need a preorder for halo2 and they said no, so i go wait in line for two hours and as i am getting my money out he says you need a preorder-after i had been specificly told i could just walk up and buy one. Well, lucky for me i discovered what the other line was down the mall. A Gamestop with a million extra halo2 disc and best of all the line was about 6 people by then. Man i hate EB games so much.

#11 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(grogger13 @ Nov 5 2005, 04:37 AM)
i want to call a couple of stores to find out what happening on release, but im pretty sure i'll get the kind of people you guys are talking about.  Even if they are nice they probly wont know anything.  Last year i called up eb games and asked if i need a preorder for halo2 and they said no, so i go wait in line for two hours and as i am getting my money out he says you need a preorder-after i had been specificly told i could just walk up and buy one.  Well, lucky for me i discovered what the other line was down the mall.  A Gamestop with a million extra halo2 disc and best of all the line was about 6 people by then.  Man i hate EB games so much.

View Post

lol that was so funny, i ran down to gamestop at like 7pm release day and picked one up with 3 total people in the store and only one was buying halo....i come home and i see on the news a line wrapped around best buy bwhahahahha

#12 grogger13

grogger13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:38 AM

yeah it was like 3 and i remember jimmy kimmel making fun of some jerk in a master chief outfit

#13 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:33 PM

you have to remember that walmart is a sh1t hole. The employees there make minimum wage, and get crappy benefits, in order for walmart to keep its prices low (ooh 3 cent cheapter games!). The people that work there are also probably the same people who shop there. People with no money, no education, and no real drive in life to better themselves. Now Im not saying everyone who shops at walmart is like this, but the majority it seems is. But hey, to everyone his own.

#14 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:01 PM

DAMNIT i went to the mall(i had to get out quick) i saw the newer kiosks in EB with a screen set up properly! i was pissed some lil 13 yr old gangbanger was sitting there playing xbox live acarde games?fucking retard must not of know there were actual real game demos

needless to say i didnt get to see if the resolution was better because he was takeing his time and sipping of a fucking cherry coke and i had to leave, atleast i had the fucking curtosy to ask anyone admireing me play at walmart if they wanted to play

edit: such a positive 1000th post!

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 06 November 2005 - 11:04 PM.

#15 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Nov 6 2005, 10:08 PM)
DAMNIT i went to the mall(i had to get out quick) i saw the newer kiosks in EB with a screen set up properly! i was pissed some lil 13 yr old gangbanger was sitting there playing xbox live acarde games?fucking retard must not of know there were actual real game demos
needless to say i didnt get to see if the resolution was better because he was takeing his time and sipping of a fucking cherry coke and i had to leave, atleast i had the fucking curtosy to ask anyone admireing me play at walmart if they wanted to play

edit: such a positive 1000th post!

View Post

You seem happy today, ballz. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users