deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:54 PM

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on getting the XDK to boot with a dual boot. You may have noticed a few threads on different bits and pieces of it, and maybe even the manual install package.

I now have it working beautifully, and decided I would make it easily avaliable for everyone.

What You need:

1) Xbox
2) Krayzie's Ndure installed
3) XDK dash/loader (DO NOT REQUEST!)
4) CD/DVD burner, and media your xbox can read
5) This Package
6) To read through the included Flash program.

Release Details:

Torrent Name: Dual Debug (DebugOnEject) Installer [Flammable]
Category: Applications > Other OS
File Name: Dual_Debug_Installer_v1.0[Flammable].rar
File Size: 7,061kb or 6.89mb
----------------------------------
Contents of disc installer package:

Dual_Debug_UX_Installer.iso
Flammable.exe
Flammable.hqx
Read Me NOW!.txt
----------------------------------

There is no NFO. Run Flammable.exe (Flammable.hqx if you use a Mac) for instructions and info. It is a standalone Flash appliaction. Requires Flash Player 7 or higher.

[/release details]

It is currently only avaliable as a torrent and can be found on "The World's Largest Bittorrent Tracker." If you don't know which one that is, google it.

THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN THE XDK DASH OR PC FILES!
If you don't know where find them yourself, you are not smart enough to use this.

I decided to go with a little twist on this, and not include an NFO, but instead, put in a Flash application, which I think is much more interesting to read.

"Flammable" is not a release/warez group. It is simply something I brand onto anything I release from now on, seeing as today is Bonfire Night in Britain.

Everything except the non 1.6 BIOSes has been tested, as I only have access to my 1.6 machine. If you know of one that you know works, please tell me, and I will add it. This is a public release, but I still need people to report bugs, and test it out fully with as many different combinations as possible.

All testers will be placed in the credits, as with anyone who aided in development, either directly or indirectly. If you find yourself in there and wish to be removed, it can be done.

Comments and suggestions please!

Edited by deadparrot, 05 November 2005 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

Well, thanks. If understand this correct, this will allow us to use a Debug Bios through Dualboot, right? This will allow us to make screenshots etc. or am I wrong?

Well, getting it right now (or trying to), but you forgot to seed wink.gif

#3 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:08 PM

That's exactly what it does. I am seeding, it's just that the tracker hasn't recognized me yet.

It allows you to use the XDK fully through a dual boot, so you don't loose the normal xbox features.

Odd. I can't connect to the tracker... If anyone can seed, drop me an email [flammableguy(at)gmail(dot)com].

Another thing I forgot to add:

When you unrar it, it will expand to fill 310mb or so. This is because it includes a blank 300mb test file used as padding for higher compatability. You can delete it from the ISO if you wish.

Edited by deadparrot, 05 November 2005 - 02:15 PM.

#4 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:11 PM

Wow, that's great then. Can't wait to give this a shot. The .exe tells me which files i need from the XDK, right?

#5 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

Yup. It's a complete tutorial.

#6 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

You can now view the Flash Readme thing online.

Click Me!

Edited by deadparrot, 05 November 2005 - 03:38 PM.

#7 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:42 PM

Torrent updated. I can now seed properly!

Note: You will not see seeds listed, but they are there. This is due to multiple trackers being used.

Also, discalimer:

I am not responsible if you fuck up your xbox in any way, or if it stops functioning as a direct or indirect result of using this installer.

Edited by deadparrot, 06 November 2005 - 04:52 PM.

#8 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

Nicely done! Now that fine gentleman by the name of "ltools" can turn his box in to a dev kit like he so wanted to do, all the while telling Krayzie that his ltools "exploit" is better than Krayzie's NDURE exploit, with all its "restrictions" lmao (yes, *I* am aware that Krayzie created the installer, not the exploit itself, but you should read the post in the gamesave forum for a good laugh). Sorry Krayzie, but that post literally had my cracking up.

Great work on the ease of use deadparrot, now I'll go see about fragging my box! beerchug.gif

#9 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

Just to let you know, I really doubt the higher-ups are going to go for the torrent idea for distro. Nicely done though.

#10 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:30 PM

Unfortunatley, it's my only way of distributing it for now.

#11 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:56 PM

I understand completely. I'm checking it out right now, looking pretty promising!

#12 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

There's only one seed right now but I'll seed when the download's done.

#13 LTools

LTools

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(remedee @ Nov 6 2005, 01:12 PM)
Nicely done! Now that fine gentleman by the name of "ltools" can turn his box in to a dev kit like he so wanted to do, all the while telling Krayzie that his ltools "exploit" is better than Krayzie's NDURE exploit, with all its "restrictions" lmao (yes, *I* am aware that Krayzie created the installer, not the exploit itself, but you should read the post in the gamesave forum for a good laugh). Sorry Krayzie, but that post literally had my cracking up.

Great work on the ease of use deadparrot, now I'll go see about fragging my box!  beerchug.gif

View Post

How about you drink a nice cup of STFU. Ok. I never said that one was better than the other. I said I PREFER The LTools installer over the NDURE installer. I have nothing against Krayzie. He seems to be a kickass guy. And I applaud him in the fact that he has a successfull line of installers. I just prefer to use a actual hacked BIOS instead of a Patched kernal is all.

Oh and @ parrot. I tried this for the afternoon (yes i did use krayzies). Nicely done man. cool.gif beerchug.gif Thanks alot for this great installer. But sadly i really have no uses for teh XDK. I cant do anything with it any way. lol. SO back to LTools for me.

Edited by LTools, 06 November 2005 - 10:04 PM.

#14 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

Don't hacked bios have no shadow c: ...surely thats got to be the absolute must especially considering the unstoppable momentum of the noob with the delete file option found in many dashes... not to mention a virtual eeprom, the protection for I must screw up my xbox at the earliest opportunity crowd with a nice spanky config magic application.

I admit I know nowt about the pbl bios softmods ..could anyone say what advantages/disadvantages between NKP and Hacked Bios

#15 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

See here.

The installer actually loads EvoX M8 to bypass NKPatcher and the shadowC features so it works properly. You won't find a file explorer on there though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users