10 replies to this topic

#1 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

Hi, and thx in advance...

I was having problems with xbox Live, so decided to Remove the Softmod and restore the HD backup using Krayzie Tools...
Now I'm trying to put it back on, but everytime I click on Install SoftMod, I get the following message:

FAILURE
Batch process failed.
The last item was: _
Action: rename

I've tried numerous things. I *did* work perfectly the first time around. I assume there's something on either my C drive or E drive that's preventing the process from continuing... any help is greatly appreciated!!

- David

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

ftp in and restore your C drive with absolutely only stock files. you can get such files on slayers disc. Also make sure there are no backup and dashboard folders on E and use a new save (redownload if necesarry)

#3 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:57 PM

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Not to sound like too much of a noob, but when you say Slayer's disc, are you referring to the latest Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer v2.5? Will I able able to find the stock C drive files in that package?

thx!!

- David

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:03 PM

actually you can better use slayers 2.6. it has the latest dash files on it. just extract the iso and look in system\all\c

#5 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:11 PM

thanks Krayzie!! downloading it now...

and I gotta say, i'm really impressed, and greatful, at the speed of your replies...

while I have you, perhaps I can pick your brain on why i removed the softmod in the first place: Xbox live
After i installed the softmod, my xbox wouldn't connect to xbox live. its not that i got an error saying the connection was refused or anything... it was right in the network settings of the m$ dashboard where I'd get the problems. Despite all the IPs looking good (DHCP), the troubleshooter would never get past "Ip address" (it wouldn't confirm)... oddly, my connectivity when using XBMC was perfect... removing the softmod fixed the problem... do you think its because the m$ dashboard was in a different directory after the mod? hey, cheers, any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated... and keep up the good work!

-d

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

with the softmod active the live connection is blocked. If you were to connect you would be banned from live now. If you play live on a regular base you might rather look into the ndure installer (sig) since it has nice live features.

#7 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:12 AM

i've been trying to extract the files I need from the slayer ISO without much luck, but now things are worse, somehow: the xbox will no longer load the retail Splinter Cell game, so i can't even get back into the Krazie tools menu... sad.gif i turn the box on, and i get the xbox logo, and then a black screen... can anything be done? am i looking at a hotswap to repair this problem? ouch

#8 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:40 AM

if you backed up the eeprom you wouldn't need to hotswap. Did you unplug it or something?
Well you know the deal... no eeprom or games loading is hotswap or modchip

#9 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

i have a backup of the eeprom, C drive, and E drive on my PC... but no way to FTP anything over... the only thing i can think of is that I removed the power cord for a couple hours to hook it up to my buddy's xbox, then when i plugged mine back in, nothing retail would load... maybe the clock resetting screwed something up? also, i guess it should be mentioned that at one point i used the "Restore from rescue disc" option from Krazie Tools, turned the xbox off, and then the dashboard wouldn't come back on (though retail was still working at that point)... i'll try putting a rescue disc in the drive and powering on and see what happens... man, i feel like a dufus, considering it was all working more than perfectly.. thx for all the help, i'm assuming i'm headin toward a hotswap...

#10 DrPoPTaRt

DrPoPTaRt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

With the eeprom you dont need to ftp. Just make a XBHDM disk and put your epprom in the correct folder. XBHDM will use it to generate your HDs password so you will not need to hotswap.

#11 Puckhandler

Puckhandler

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:50 PM

SUCCESS!
xboxhdm worked like a charm... followed the tutorial, et voila! i have have a virgin Xbox again -> i'll write this off as practice for when I want to upgrade the HDD

Lesson here: BACKUP YOUR EEPROM TO YOUR PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (thank god I did)... and to anyone who's xbox won't load anything anymore: don't despair!! follow the xboxhdm tutorial, and you'll be fine biggrin.gif

thx for the quick responsed from everyone... and careful removing the softmod! i still can't really figure anything i did wrong... if you're gonna do it, make sure you clean out any extra directories on the E: drive before trying to put it back on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users