gaz_dennis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:45 AM

apparently some MS guy at a 360 event in glasgow, has let slip that DOA 4 has been pushed back until january.sorry dont have any more details

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:27 PM

I'll believe it when I see it confirmed on various sites, but thanks for the heads up.

Heres another vid...

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2262_en.html

#3 MadPerry

MadPerry

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:04 AM

this title is driving me nuts. first it's a launch day title, then it may be late. then is shows up as a launch day title on store schedules, now it's gonna be late?! i'm going to be bummed if it doesn't make it. there are no other fighting games in the lineup. i think i at least need to decide on an alternate.

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

i hope this doesnt get delayed, it would be the second of my pre-purchased games being pushed back. they dont really need a fighter at launch but it is really good to have the important genres covered. last i heard about the launch date was from itagaki when he said he cant promise the game will make it for the US launch but it will for the japan launch. the game was only 50% done at the TGS so it wouldnt surprise me, but he did say he was working 50 hour days to get it out on time so who knows. well if this goes then condemned will just take its place biggrin.gif thats the great thing about having so many quality titles at launch, if a couple gets bumped back you can always replace them with something else beerchug.gif

#5 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

On one hand I'll be bummed if it's delayed, on the other I'll be relieved that my out-of-pocket expense will be lowered. smile.gif With DOA4 possibly delayed, that makes my release date purchases: PGR3, COD2 and KAMEO. That covers the racing, fps and adventure genres.. where's my fighter?!?! biggrin.gif

#6 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:57 PM

Honestly, this was the main game I was looking forward to.

I really think that Itagaki will push it to be done by Nov. 22nd because I've never seen a man care more about his fans. Then again, he is an artist and will only let us have it if he's "done" with it. I guess I'll just have to settle down with PDZero and Kameo until Dec. 2nd. sad.gif

#7 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 7 2005, 07:04 PM)

I really think that Itagaki will push it to be done by Nov. 22nd because I've never seen a man care more about his fans.  Then again, he is an artist and will only let us have it if he's "done" with it.  I guess I'll just have to settle down with PDZero and Kameo until Dec. 2nd.  sad.gif

View Post

Darnit!! You had to go and remind me of PDZero.. ok, I'm back to being broke.. thanks!! biggrin.gif

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 7 2005, 01:04 PM)

I really think that Itagaki will push it to be done by Nov. 22nd because I've never seen a man care more about his fans.  Then again, he is an artist and will only let us have it if he's "done" with it.  I guess I'll just have to settle down with PDZero and Kameo until Dec. 2nd.  sad.gif

View Post

i have been a fan of DoA since i owned part one so many years ago. unlike a lot of people i can see the evolution the game has taken in graphics and gameplay from the vids alone and i cant wait to get my hands on this game to experience what im sure will be one of the best 3d fighters to date. like all the other games that have gotten delayed (even the ones i really really wanted) i cant be dissapointed about any delays. i much rather wait longer to get a finished product then something that will tarnish my opinion on a respected series.

MS has given out early alpha kits over a year ago and has done all they could to ensure that the devs are up-to-date on the 360 development. knowing that devs got beta and final dev kits later then expected we should have known that there will be set-backs and delays. so with that in mind i say to the devs, do all you could to realize your visions of your next gen games no matter what vision that may be. beerchug.gif

Edited by KAGE360, 07 November 2005 - 07:12 PM.

#9 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

I agree Kage. I would rather a finished product than a rushed game. And Dec. 2nd puts it directly after my next paycheck which is probably a blessing. I guess I'll take the 10 day difference as a silver lining. Although I'm really curious... what can be done in 10 days?

#10 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

im sure plenty can be done in 10 days. ive read interviews and reports of some devs only getting a few hours of sleep a week and that alone could make 10 days a lot more time to refine something then once thought. i hope its ONLY 10 days and not delayed till next year. i wont complain about it but i do want to play the game.

#11 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

Itagaki said the game would be ready for the Japanese launch, so I guess he's sticking to his word. I could even handle a delay until Dec. 22nd... just not after Xmas!

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

latest date still stands at 12.1.05

Kage, time for Condemned smile.gif

If you get CoD 2, Im getting Quake 4 so we have a variety.

#13 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

i believe you but where did you get the info? i just printed the latest update (updated today in fact) to the release list at work and it has DoA listed for 11/18/05

Edited by KAGE360, 08 November 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#14 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:48 PM

special insiders news.

for your sake I hope Im wrong, I know how it will pain you so to have to get that pile known as Condemned tongue.gif

Oh and check your PMs and reply ya fug.

Edited by Deftech, 08 November 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

i read it, congrats on your 360 situation. biggrin.gif

im sure the pile of a game will hold me over just fine until DoA4 comes out. i just hope it doesnt come to that tongue.gif seems like every game i want gets delayed, first GR3, then oblivion, and maybe now DoA4. blink.gif

Edited by KAGE360, 08 November 2005 - 10:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users