• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EBB69

EBB69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Talking to my daughter, playing my xbox, and watching family guy, futurama, and WWE
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:07 AM

I have my cable modem hooked to my pc by usb and my x-over cable connected to my nic on my pc. Everytime that I connect to XBC I'm unable to connect to games I have a few of the system link games that they have. XBC finds my xbox, but I'm still unable to join or play any games.

#2 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:14 AM

if you're using a hub you'll need a straight through or patch cable, not a SystemLink/Crossover cable, try that out and if no go, then power cycle the system, the information can be found in my signature under XBC help

#3 EBB69

EBB69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Talking to my daughter, playing my xbox, and watching family guy, futurama, and WWE
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

i'm not using a hub xbox is connected to my pc by a x-over cable, and cable modem is hooked up by usb

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:12 PM

ah for some reason i was being retarded and read USB as hub haha, who knows, if that's the setup then try power cycling the router, and setting the NIC up with WinICS as stated here in their tutorial on the XBC help site

A Crossover Cable is only needed if you are connecting the Xbox directly to a NIC card. This type of network setup also requires the use of WinICS (tutorial found here) or a program such as WinRouteİ (downloadable from the world wide web). Consult the manual for specific instructions on how to set this up or visit our WinRoute Configuration section.

That's it! Your Xbox is now on the same network as your PC.

the links to set up WinICS
http://www.practical....asp?aid=11&p=2

and then their other link seems down at the moment. But that should get you up and running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users