• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:33 PM

GOTHAM TV CHANNELS REVEALED
November 7th, 2005
MS lifts the lid on the channels set to make up PGR3’s Gotham TV feature…

It’s been long known that the forthcoming Xbox 360 title Project Gotham Racing 3 will utilise the spectator capabilities of the next-gen console; entitled Gotham TV the developers of the game (British based Bizarre Creations) had already announced that players would be able to watch some of the best PGR3 drivers in the world via the feature, but the list of ‘channels’ had yet to be confirmed – until now.

Made up of six segments, Gotham TV will feature a Heroes Channel, Friends Channel, a Highlights Channel, an all-time best Hall of Fame Channel, a Saved Replays Channel, and the staple of sports channels everywhere – a news ticker.

The Heroes Channel will show the best drivers race around the streets of PGR3 do what they do best whilst the Friends Channel allows gamers to check out the driving performance of their mates. The Highlights Channel will feature the best of the day’s action with the Hall of Fame Channel showing the all-time greatest races, with the Saved Replays Channel allowing gamers to witness their saved replays (obviously.) Saved photos can also be viewed via the replays channel, with the latest racing news emerging from the News Ticker.

Source: totalvideogames.com

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

this is one of the most interesting features not just for PGR3 but for other games too. just thinking about watching someone play GoW like a CNN broadcast or PGR3 over Gotham TV is exciting and next gen alone IMO.

the possibilities that devs can do with this feature could be one of the biggest LIVE aspects in the next gen.

#3 bluvasa

bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

I'm definitely looking forward to this too.

Watching the top players is always enjoyable for me.

You can learn a lot be seeing how they drive, what lines they take, etc.

I hope more games will include this feature.

Watching tournaments, pro exhibitions, montages could broaden the gaming industry as a whole.

I'm all for Gotham TV, Halo TV, Ghost Recon TV, whatever TV.

Here's to developers that make this work. beerchug.gif

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:17 AM

well the developers seem to be warming up to the idea of a spectator mode. already it will be in PGR3 and DoA4. CliffyB hopes to include something like it in GoW also. with AT&T hosting all the data and servers for these spectator modes the biggest issue with the developers is how far they can push their imagination and innovation on the feature.

#5 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:40 AM

Sounds awesome. biggrin.gif

#6 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:22 PM

This feature would also rule in sprots games....say you are waiting for a friend to finish the game join in and watch the game it would also be nice if you can talk to the person if they enable you 2.

#7 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:22 AM

When you think about it, this most likely isn't too hard for developers to implement, but in my book it adds a lot of value to a game. Like someone else said, you could be watching a game of football between 2 really good people, and it would ALMOST be real.

Hell, I can even see watching FAMOUS people game. For example, EA hosts a game between 2 stars from the NFL in a game of Madden.

The possibilities are almost endless...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users