#1 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:56 AM

I recently posted a thread about how my Xbox was screwed up and that it wouldn't return to my Hacked Dashboard for me to fix it.

Anyway, is there a way to make a CD-RW with a file manager on it auto run when I stick it in so that I can delete the crap that messed it up?

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:41 AM

although this isn't all that backup related, ill give it a shot.
yes, just make a boot disc with evox, or unleashx, or whatever. if evox, use ftp to fix your files. if unleashx, you can do it from the file manager.

to create a boot disc:

"1. Making an EvolutionX ISO

First things first, you need to make an EvolutionX (EvoX) Boot disc from EvolutionX_beta_V1.8.3752.rar provided by the good people of the EvoX team. Unrar EvolutionX_beta_V1.8.3752.rar and you will find 3 Files and one folder. (evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini, EvolutionX beta V1.8.3752.nfo, a Skin folder). You will need to secure xISO to make an XBOX ISO of three of these files and folders. (evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini, Skin folder) It is also recommended to add some dummy space to your ISO. Some XBOX dvdrom drives have trouble booting such a small ISO, so adding dummy space in the beggining will save you a lot of trouble. What is dummy space? Its a big file you dumbass. Just pick any file on your computer, about 50 megabytes, rename to abc.dat and include in your ISO. You must rename evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe before you put it in and iso. The DVDROM will not be able to boot evoxdash.xbe. Put the three files mentioned in a folder called EvoX and include your dummy space in that folder as well. Open up xISO, go to tools, then make iso. Browse to the EvoX folder you just put all your files in, name the ISO Evox_v1.8.3752.iso, and hit save.

2. Burning the ISO

You will want to use either a CDRW, DVDR or DVDRW. CDR WILL NOT WORK! Yes, Yes, you've heard that there is a miracle xbox out there than one of your friend's friend's had that would boot CDR media, but trust me YOURS WILL NOT or just assume IT WILL NOT and save yourself a big pain in the ass. Media compatability differs from xbox to xbox. I use Memorex 4X CDRW's and i have not found an XBOX that will not boot them. There are many different types of software you can burn with, i prefer Nero. Nero is very strait forward. Open up nero, go to file, then Burn Image, then select all file types at the bottom of the browser box, then browse for the iso you just made. Burn as slow as possible, not only is this good for the xbox, but good practice whenever burning an ISO."

obviously use newer versions of evox, or use an old boot disc if you have it lying around. or i think xbins has premade boot discs for evox anyway. named evolutionx_3935_dummy_static.rar
anywho, hope this helps.

Edited by theperfekt001, 08 November 2005 - 01:50 AM.

#3 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

Well...the thing is...I can't FTP cause I can't start the FTP through the dashboard cause the Dashboard won't load. And can Evox doesn't have a way to use File Manager, so I can't do that cause if I try and make a boot disc of UX, I'm sure it'll just do the same thing since I can't load UX right now. (Since it's my Dashboard that won't load)

Edited by Disturbed_Scorpion, 08 November 2005 - 02:11 AM.

#4 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:04 AM

if you boot to the disc, evox DOES load, and you CAN ftp into it.

#5 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:13 AM

Sorry for sounding more so of an idiot, but where can I get xISO?

And...how am I supposed to FTP when I don't know the ISP of my Xbox? Does that matter? Could you give me a link to how to FTP again? I know, I'm a newb. But your assitance is admirable.

#6 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • 4,044 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

get the iso from xbins (tutorial in my sig)
the ip should be 192.168.0.2 or .3

but you'd be wise to check the evox.ini in the network settings and jot down your ip address.(just extract the iso and check the evox.ini file)

oh, and a link to networking is also in my sig.

#7 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:35 AM

Don't use the PC program XISO to make your images (ISOs). It a poor app, the reasons for which are laid out in the Pinned Topics of the Backups Forum.

Use Qwix, Craxtion, C-Xbox Tool, anything but XISO. All can be found on the xbox-scene.com Tools page.

Edited by Xombe, 08 November 2005 - 06:36 AM.

#8 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 8 2005, 06:42 AM)
Don't use the PC program XISO to make your images (ISOs).  It a poor app, the reasons for which are laid out in the Pinned Topics of the Backups Forum.

Use Qwix, Craxtion, C-Xbox Tool, anything but XISO. All can be found on the xbox-scene.com Tools page.

View Post

Gah. I would use Craxtion or C-Xbox Tool...but there are no downloads for those on the Tools page. V_V

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Disturbed_Scorpion @ Nov 8 2005, 02:31 PM)
Gah. I would use Craxtion or C-Xbox Tool...but there are no downloads for those on the Tools page. V_V

View Post

Really...

http://www.xbox-scen...p?page=isotools

Links to the official websites. Get them from there.

Edited by Xombe, 08 November 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#10 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:30 AM

Thanks. Sorry about that, and now I only have one problem for burning them, what should I get? And what can I get that's not a trial version? I downloaded a trail version of Nero, but then it said the demo expired even before I got to use it, same thing happened with Alcohol 120%.

#11 rickjamesbitch

rickjamesbitch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:37 AM

why not use slayers???

#12 rickjamesbitch

rickjamesbitch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:38 AM

sorry double post but anywayz u could use slayers and just reformat the drive right

#13 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Disturbed_Scorpion @ Nov 8 2005, 04:37 PM)
Thanks. Sorry about that, and now I only have one problem for burning them, what should I get?

View Post

DVDDecrypter is the best (and free) ISO burning app in my eyes.

#14 Disturbed_Scorpion

Disturbed_Scorpion

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 8 2005, 12:03 PM)
DVDDecrypter is the best (and free) ISO burning app in my eyes.

View Post

Thank you SO FUCKING MUCH. To all of you, I finally got Boxplorer to run and I deleted the stuff, that didn't help, but I was able to get to the Dashboard and Format my Drives to fix everything, then reinstalled the softmod and Unleash X.

#15 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:52 AM

Glad to hear it dude. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users