14 replies to this topic

#1 metalhead212

metalhead212

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:04 AM

I am not going to go into to much detail about this game, because in the time it would take to write eveything out you could have already finished the game and gone back for seconds. Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green is one of those games that falls victum to the plague of rushed crap that coincides with something else...basically it suffers the same fate that all movie based games suffer from with the exception of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. Land of the Dead is very VERY uninspired. The most pathetic point of the game is the fact that once you get the fire AX you can kill everything in the game faster than you could with a gun. Unless you are made to use a certain weapon durring certain parts of the game, the fire ax is all you need. The story is very lacking, and that is an understatement. On top of that the visuals look like first gen PSX, and the sound sucks.

Bottom Line: Don't bother to buy this game, don't even bother to rent it.

Final Score:2

#2 Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:weed
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:23 AM

God its sounds like its as bad as the movie! biggrin.gif

#3 uberd0g

uberd0g

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:08 PM

I loved the movie biggrin.gif

The whole point of the series is that they're so, so bad that they're somehow good. Cheesy dialogue, comical characters (unintentional), hilarious gore scenes and a numb-nutted attempt at irony and satire. Loved it almost as much as Day of the Dead.

Oh yeah, this game sounds shockingly bad (and not in a good way).

#4 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:26 PM

Game sucks bad but the movies are cool I dont really think Land Of The Dead is that good compared to the rest but It has some very good scenes and shows how and why the zombies act the way they do not like the remake Dawn Of The Dead that movies just stupid.

#5 SweBaztard-SmartXX

SweBaztard-SmartXX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:00 PM

The game sucks very bad.

#6 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:12 AM

Well I made it through the movie (I am a Romero fan, fan of 'of the dead" series), but I didn't last 15 minutes in this crap ass game.

#7 i800phyco

i800phyco

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:running over jackalopes in my car wow people realy read these and your proof
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Now dont get me wrong this game suck's hard. But I was dumb and payed for it so I had to play
it and it does get more enjoyable further into the game (once you get better gun's).
Still suck's thou, my $.02 .

#8 barkeff

barkeff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

The PC version is pretty bad but the Xbox version is way worse.Something about the game literally makes me seasick,and I mainly play First Person Shooters.It pisses me off because I'm a big fan of all the Dead movies,I think they deserved something a little better than this pile of crap.Really glad I went the Warez route on this one.......

#9 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

I guess I'm alone on this ... I liked this game! smile.gif

I haven't played many games all the way through ... I usually stop after a level or 2. So, for some reason , this game must have had something I liked. Maybe the fact that the zombie's keep coming, and coming, and coming.

The other game I liked that I played all the way thur also go crap reveiws ... it was Serge's Army Men. Something about killing plastic soldiers keep me coming back to it!

#10 uberd0g

uberd0g

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:01 PM

Somebody really needs to make an MMOSH (massively-multiplayer-online-survival-horror). That's the only thing that'll give us "of the dead" fans what we want. Loads of AI zombies to start with, and if you get "turned" you have to infect another human player (then you'd respawn as human again).

PS. How about a cheat mode in the next GTA game that turns everybody into zombies? You'd have to pick up surviving humans that are holed-up throughout the gameworld and get them to an airport for evacuation or something (if you get bitten you have 5minutes to get to a hospital for a cure).

#11 Ganksta187

Ganksta187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

This is the worse game I ever played...
sleeping.gif

#12 creg turner

creg turner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:I sell Modded Xbox's, do MOD installs, repairs, and Paintjobs. And I love the ladies.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

This game was terrible. Don't waste your money on it.

#13 Luka71

Luka71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:01 AM

ehm... I like this game too tongue.gif
yes, it's crap...seasick...poor...etc etc...but I like to kill lot of stupid zombies with shotgun laugh.gif

But I've a problem...:well, I'm into walkthrough: "Override" (in the basement of the hospital) where the player must "enter the airduct until you see a zombie and double back out and kill the zombie. Go back in the airduct, kill the zombies etc etc....." and the problem is that I can't go into the fu....g airduct!!! sad.gif
I've try anything...push A X Y trimmer start black/white nothing...I'm going crazy. How I can put the player into it? What must I press??

C'mon help me, I want to kill a lot of undeads!! Thanx a lot.
Sorry for my crappy english... jester.gif

#14 Luka71

Luka71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

No one can help me? Pleaseee pop.gif
I've tray to skip level with cheats too, but it does not run. What can I do in front of airduct? (I know that he go inside, but how? Which button or combo must push?)
Thanx a lot.
(yes, it is a old game...but I hope that somebody will remember the action to tell me)

#15 Luka71

Luka71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

The solution is: The left thumb stick can be used to crouch if pushed down. blink.gif
never used like that...

This game is hot, I like so much! Killing zombies with a M-20 is nice biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users