36 replies to this topic

#1 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:02 AM

I was playing call of duty and kameo and I was not impressed at all. biggrin.gif The graphics look almost the same as a computer mad.gif , maybe the computer has an edge on it, but I was expected to be blown away. sad.gif

To be honest, I believe resident evil 4 for the gamecube still beats these 2 games in the graphics department. biggrin.gif Maybe resident evil 5 for xbox will suprise us!!

remember, this is my opinion sleeping.gif , I hope the software companies can truly take advantage of the xbox360 capabilities, rolleyes.gif

It didn't feel like I was playing the next gene console... huh.gif

#2 unrealskill

unrealskill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Interests:xbox specs<br />200gb<br />4,000 roms<br />70 games on hd<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

hmm i was reading that some walmarts eb ect did not set up there HDTVS right and thay where playing at 420p in sted of 720p i played call of duty 2 and it looked great

#3 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:04 AM

I was playing these games at my local bestbuy.

The games look good(they were in 720p), but not a ton better looking then games I play on my xbox in 720p.

#4 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:40 AM

I have to agree... nothing I've seen really can't be done on the a high end computer. Definately a big jump from the graphics of an Xbox 1 though (I can't even play CoD Big Red One after playing Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360).

#5 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(ZildjianKX @ Nov 8 2005, 09:47 AM)
I have to agree... nothing I've seen really can't be done on the a high end computer.  Definately a big jump from the graphics of an Xbox 1 though (I can't even play CoD Big Red One after playing Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360).

View Post

You hit the nail on the head though. You said '.. high end computer'. How much for a graphics card that could do what the 360 can/will be able to do? How much for a processor/mobo equivilent? Throw in a hard drive, head set, wireless controller, and all the other stuff it can do and I'm pretty sure you're breaking $399.99.

Either way, like you guys said, it's your opinions. I personally thought the games looked great, and my little 34" HDTV is desperately waiting for it.

beerchug.gif pop.gif

#6 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(MrGone2001 @ Nov 8 2005, 10:51 AM)
You hit the nail on the head though. You said '.. high end computer'. How much for a graphics card that could do what the 360 can/will be able to do? How much for a processor/mobo equivilent? Throw in a hard drive, head set, wireless controller, and all the other stuff it can do and I'm pretty sure you're breaking $399.99.

And the amount of things you can do with a high end computer.............far outweighs what you can do with a xbox 360, and that more than justifies the price of the high end computer.

#7 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 8 2005, 04:58 PM)
And the amount of things you can do with a high end computer.............far outweighs what you can do with a xbox 360, and that more than justifies the price of the high end computer.

View Post

That's just it though. M$ isn't saying that their 360 will let you balance your checkbook, or do some blogging on all the latest fashions, or do pr0n searches.. whatever floats your boat. They're pushing a 'next-gen' system whose graphics will blow away current consoles. Whether the current batch of games do it for you or not, the potential for future games is there. Sure PC's will always have better looking games, but you're going to pay for that.

#8 BIGMANSLIM

BIGMANSLIM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:56 PM

also everyone who keeps comparing pc to 360 4gets something, they make consoles 4 a reason, convenience. i cudv plaed much better games on pc back when i played 64, but having a console is different.

#9 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

this is kind of sad.... regardless wether this is in hd or not... xbox360 games should and were told that they will still look amazing and alot better than xboxs graphics.. hopefully i hear some better news..im not trying to drop almost 500 bux to be disapointed.

#10 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

I think the first few months of gaming will be slow but by early next year there will be a boom.

#11 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(woofis @ Nov 8 2005, 06:07 PM)
this is kind of sad.... regardless wether this is in hd or not... xbox360 games should and were told that they will still look amazing and alot better than xboxs graphics.. hopefully i hear some better news..im not trying to drop almost 500 bux to be disapointed.

View Post

It all falls down to you though. You're opinion of it depends on what you yourself have seen. Download the videos, hd or not. Go to a local Gamestop / EB and play with the system. If you're still not satisfied, wait until after release date and play a friends. Maybe that will be enough to change your mind.

or

Put $399.99 down towards paying for a killer graphics card and you're good to go. Oh, don't forget to make sure your processor/mobo/memory are up to boot as well.

pop.gif

#12 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:12 PM

I honestly don't understand why everybody wants to compare the 360 to high-end gaming rigs instead of other gaming consoles. I mean if you look at it that way, every console that has came out should have been a disappointment because there was high-end computers out there that could out do it.

I don't remember hearing all this nonsense about the ps2. Why you ask, because it was accepted as a gaming console not as a replacement for your home computer. Can we quit comparing apples to oranges. How many people take their high-end gaming rigs to their friends house every time they have a lan party? Not too many because nobody wants to haul all of that stuff around all the time just to play video games. Bottom line is its a gaming console with extra functionality....nothing more

Edited by ikecomp, 08 November 2005 - 06:17 PM.

#13 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:woman booze hairy chickens ohh and XBOX!!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

sorry I have a very very nice Pc and the 360 graphics are far from sad. They system is gonna be very incredible. Ohh and it doesnt cost a grand plus by the way. And also if ya know much about a PC the specs alone show you what it has in store.

#14 deftonesmx17

deftonesmx17

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(ikecomp @ Nov 8 2005, 12:19 PM)
I honestly don't understand why everybody wants to compare the 360 to high-end gaming rigs instead of other gaming consoles.

Well, lets see. Now that gaming consoles use PC parts, yes I compare them. The graphics are now the same type as on pc, why? Because they pretty much have a PC graphics chip in them anymore. Consoles used to have their own chips, not anymore. ATI and Nvidia, in every console now. rolleyes.gif

GDDR3, nope thats not from the computer section.

IBM making the CPU's, give me a break.

HDD's.....................

They are stripped down computers that play games, end of story.

#15 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(atomheartmother @ Nov 8 2005, 12:20 PM)
sorry I have a very very nice Pc and the 360 graphics are far from sad. They system is gonna be very incredible. Ohh and it doesnt cost a grand plus by the way. And also if ya know much about a PC the specs alone show you what it has in store.

View Post

I agree the 360 will be amazing...people expect to much for a new system the 360 will lay the foundation for future gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users