~jeff~

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:25 AM

Hi, Does anyone think that the Xbox 360 will have any Glitches, or bugs as i've heard that the Xbox 1, and the ps2 had at launch? Because if there will be then mayebe it would be a good idea holding back on getting one at launch time. But I crtainly hope that it will be "bug free" for the Version 1 Xbox 360s.

~jeff~

#2 Beelzabub

Beelzabub

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

Theres really no such thing as bug free specially when something is so fresh and so new

Edited by Beelzabub, 08 November 2005 - 08:47 AM.

#3 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:53 AM

like the previous xbox, there will be plenty of motherboard versions and dash updates filtering out bugs as M$ discovers them.

#4 ~jeff~

~jeff~

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

Well, if there are gong to be bugs and glitches, then what is the point of buying one at launch?

#5 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(~jeff~ @ Nov 8 2005, 01:02 AM)
Well, if there are gong to be bugs and glitches, then what is the point of buying one at launch?

View Post

by that rationale you should never buy one; there is no such thing as bug free software and the 360 is software on a chip.

#6 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(~jeff~ @ Nov 8 2005, 05:32 PM)

View Post

having the first version motherboard/firmware is great. more exploits, more modding possibilities. although by the time i get an xbox360 we'll be upto 1.6b tongue.gif

#7 Kulanose

Kulanose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

Well, today was launch, and there is indeed one bug... When I put my copy of Perfect Dark:Zero into my xbox 360, it goes into DVD mode and says "to play this disk, put in an xbox 360 console".... Rather frustrating really, after a frustrating launch where no one seemed to know anything and they only seemed to have core systems to alienate the gamers that actually want it soon by making them pay more for memory cards/hard drives if they want to be online... I mean, I actually believed their resoning for the core/delux being people wanted to do stuff cheap, but as soon as you see a 5 to 25 ratio shipped, when 90% of the people claim to want the more expensive version... Someone's trying to milk more money out of the consumers.... <Note, up until today I was pretty much an Xbox fanboy, but after spending 6 and a half hours outside uncontrollably shivvering for something that doesn't work right and makes me pay rediculous sums just for basic functionality, they just lost me and a bunch of people I know.>

#8 cornstarch

cornstarch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:drawing, playing video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:12 AM

and theres already the red lights in controls 1 2 and 4

#9 meawoppl

meawoppl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:47 AM

it also seems like a lot of people are having troubles with poorly manufactured controllers, particularily their batter terminals. . . good job on the qc there somebody! in any case, i always tend to try to scoop up the second gen of the console, all the major fixes are usually hammered out, a bit cheaper, and no midnight shivering/fanboy hood. . . ick

#10 VRocker

VRocker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Well to sum it up in one, its MS what do you expect?

Since when have they made ANYTHING thats bug free? and i'm not a linux fanboy either before anyone says anything. i'm unfortunately using XP atm because its the only thing i can play games on. But atleast with a PC you can get it as you like and iron out bugs youself if your clever enough. With the XBox360 you get ripped off and get hit with bugs and cant do anything about it.

Take my advice and wait for the PS3. thats what i'm doing. sony are taking their time on that and not rushing. Also its good ol' japanese engineering not crappy american shite.

so yeah, MS and the XBox360 sucks

#11 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(VRocker @ Nov 25 2005, 01:41 PM) View Post

Well to sum it up in one, its MS what do you expect?

Since when have they made ANYTHING thats bug free? and i'm not a linux fanboy either before anyone says anything. i'm unfortunately using XP atm because its the only thing i can play games on. But atleast with a PC you can get it as you like and iron out bugs youself if your clever enough. With the XBox360 you get ripped off and get hit with bugs and cant do anything about it.

Take my advice and wait for the PS3. thats what i'm doing. sony are taking their time on that and not rushing. Also its good ol' japanese engineering not crappy american shite.

so yeah, MS and the XBox360 sucks

Well yeah, because the ps2 was bug free dry.gif .

This programme has performed and illigal operation and will shutdown.

#12 cbs31572

cbs31572

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(cornstarch @ Nov 23 2005, 03:19 AM) View Post

I called Xbox Support because I thought my box was overheating because it was very very warm to touch, but they said that if the Xbox 360 overheats, the signs will be that the ring around the power button will turn orange or red, so your box may be overheating. Try moving your power supply off the ground...I know it sounds stupid, but I have seen a lot of posts that confirm this helps.

SlaughterMU02

#13 cbs31572

cbs31572

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(cornstarch @ Nov 23 2005, 03:19 AM) View Post

I called Xbox Support because I thought my box was overheating because it was very very warm to touch, but they said that if the Xbox 360 overheats, the signs will be that the ring around the power button will turn orange or red, so your box may be overheating. Try moving your power supply off the ground...I know it sounds stupid, but I have seen a lot of posts that confirm this helps.

SlaughterMU02

#14 MoreCowBell666

MoreCowBell666

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

i dont really see what all the fuss is about.

what i dont understand is everyone is complaining about prices and not being able to buy the one they want........tough shit, you should have figured it was going to happen, in which case stop your bitching, or in the other case your an un-informed buyer, so tough.

also, i really dont see that many problems with it, mine is doing perfectly fine, so is everyone elses that i know of. Yes, there are the few (probably 10-15%) that got screwed, but thats what a warranty is for, so deal with it.

And to whoever said the PS3 comment, yea good luck with that, im sure its going to be the emmaculate console......... happy.gif

and if your bitching about paying $299 for a core, why?

299 + 99/39 (hard drive or memory unit) = $398....... the premium is $399 (come on, wireless controllers always suck, and they always will)

so inform me how your getting screwed again?

if you want HDTV cables, get a memory card instead of hard drive (299 + 39 + 39 = $377), or quit bitching and just pay the extra money

This situation reminds me of when Halo 2 came out......every thread i visited was filled with people complaining on how it sucked, graphics sucked, blah blah.
But then it magically went away and everyone was happy...........its called maturing

Edited by MoreCowBell666, 25 November 2005 - 08:42 PM.

#15 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(MoreCowBell666 @ Nov 25 2005, 07:46 PM) View Post

i dont really see what all the fuss is about.
what i dont understand is everyone is complaining about prices and not being able to buy the one they want........tough shit, you should have figured it was going to happen, in which case stop your bitching, or in the other case your an un-informed buyer, so tough.
also, i really dont see that many problems with it, mine is doing perfectly fine, so is everyone elses that i know of. Yes, there are the few (probably 10-15%) that got screwed, but thats what a warranty is for, so deal with it.
And to whoever said the PS3 comment, yea good luck with that, im sure its going to be the emmaculate console......... happy.gif
and if your bitching about paying $299 for a core, why?

299 + 99/39 (hard drive or memory unit) = $398....... the premium is $399 (come on, wireless controllers always suck, and they always will)

so inform me how your getting screwed again?

if you want HDTV cables, get a memory card instead of hard drive (299 + 39 + 39 = $377), or quit bitching and just pay the extra money
This situation reminds me of when Halo 2 came out......every thread i visited was filled with people complaining on how it sucked, graphics sucked, blah blah.
But then it magically went away and everyone was happy...........its called maturing

This is from the guy who was scared about developing cancer from the xbox 360's wireless controller. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users