BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

Ive watched a lot of tut's and seen others do it with ease.. It just never seems to work for me, is there some setting you have to change or soemthing?

I've tried the on on zanzibar where u smash the glass out in the base so many times.. it just doesnt work for me..

any ideas??

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:21 AM

Are you using a pal xbox with a pal halo 2? If so, i heard it was not possible with such.

If not, then you just suck. Just kidding. Keep trying if you don't have PAL.

#3 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

haha ya I guess I do suck then.. I just wanted to be sure you dont have to change any kind of wierd settings or something.

I repeat the exact things on the vids over at halo2spy.com and it just dont work..

#4 Mdawg23

Mdawg23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

U either suck at supperjumping or u could have gotten booted from them if u have xbox live. Ive seen both before

#5 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:57 AM

Well when its supper time I jump for joy all the time so that can't be it.

But thanks Mdawg23 for your words of wisdom, clearly a linguistic master as yourself has seen it all before..

Run along now I think its time to clean your room.

#6 BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

On a side note I figured it out, a british bloke was kinda enuf to show me the error of my ways. love.gif

#7 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(Mdawg23 @ Nov 11 2005, 08:59 PM)
U either suck at supperjumping or u could have gotten booted from them if u have xbox live. Ive seen both before

View Post

you can't get booted for superjumping...dumbass i don't know who told you that...but you can't!

laugh.gif

#8 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:15 AM

OK I am a PAL user and can Superjump. I don't use it in games. Only when making movies.... Anywho set your TV settings in the MS Dashboard to Pal-60. You will be able to superjump now. Pal-50 wont let your superjump. A little word of advice though I wouldn't use it on Live or Kai because its really not that great. I would only use it if other people in the game were just to have a funny game.

#9 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:43 PM

PAL users can superjump, as long as they have PAL 60 enabled. Slower refresh rates won't register the glitch right. The reason PAL boxes have Pal60 is because a lot of TV's in Europe suck balls.

Strategic superjumps can be great in games, but once you get up past about level 35, you just get sniped...

Jumps on
Acension
Burial Mounds
Lockout

those are the most "worth it"...with a snipe anyway.

#10 paul_phil

paul_phil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(irishdrunk @ Nov 16 2005, 12:50 PM)
The reason PAL boxes have Pal60 is because a lot of TV's in Europe suck balls.

View Post

Where does this come from? Even at PAL 50 the TV's running at a higher resolution than a NTSC TV, dimmme barrrr rolleyes.gif

#11 ThEoNe1223

ThEoNe1223

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(paul_phil @ Nov 17 2005, 01:37 PM)
Where does this come from? Even at PAL 50 the TV's running at a higher resolution than a NTSC TV, dimmme barrrr rolleyes.gif

View Post

yea what does british tv's have to do with this?

#12 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

Here is where I got the info...forgive me for assuming...the way the post reads makes it out the way I said it.

FAQ on Bungie

It is cheating because it is something that a very large player base cannot, and I mean absolutely cannot do. UK and European players have PAL xbox's, and I'm sure you all know that.
PAL Xbox's have a changeable feature called PAL-60. PAL-60, when enabled, allows the xbox to use higher refresh rates. When disabled, it does not allow any refresh rates higher than a certain amount. NTSC (North American) Xbox's have this always on.
Why then, would it be disabled? Well, a lot, and I mean a LOT of Televisions in the UK and around Europe cannot handle the high refresh rates and the Xbox locks at off if it cannot.

What is the importance of PAL-60? Well, the high refresh rates and other effects enabled from it are NEEDED to do a superjump. Yes, they are nessicary for a superjump to work, and for certain normal bounces to work. As you should know, a superjump is sort of just a high bounce.
If you think I'm lying, you can turn the feature off, and try any superbounce. 20/20 times, it will not work. With it on, 13/20 times it will work. of course, only those with a PAL box can do this. Why? Well, as I did not program the Havok engine, I can only speculate that when you superjump, the resulting glitch from the engine operates at a fast rate and requires a faster refresh rate. Other games have this glitch too, including half-life, and if you use a bad monitor, you will almost never see the glitch.

I guess that promted me to ASSUME that if a tv can't handle a 60hz refresh rate...then it is a piece of shit.

#13 paul_phil

paul_phil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(irishdrunk @ Nov 18 2005, 06:33 AM)
Here is where I got the info...forgive me for assuming...the way the post reads makes it out the way I said it.

FAQ on Bungie
I guess that promted me to ASSUME that if a tv can't handle a 60hz refresh rate...then it is a piece of shit.

View Post

Fair enough, I can see where you got your opinion from. The main differences between PAL and NTSC is resolution and frame speed. PAL is 720x576 (414,720 pixels) whereas NTSC is 720x480 (345,600 pixels), in a nusthell there's 20% more resolution in PAL picture than an NTSC one. The difference in refresh rates is 50Hz compared to 60Hz which isn't actually noticeable when you flick between the 2 settings, especially on my 100Hz TV. The PAL-60 setting is really the best picture you can get before you go to HDTV.

#14 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:02 PM

A nice piece from Wikipedia about PAL60:

The PAL colour system (either baseband or with any RF system, with the normal 4.43MHz subcarrier unlike PAL-M) can also be applied to an NTSC-like 525-line (480i) picture to form what is often known as "PAL-60" (sometimes "PAL-60/525"). This is often used in applications such as playing NTSC video tapes on compatible PAL VCRs, playing NTSC DVD Video, and video games, as most modern PAL television sets can handle this kind of signal without too many issues - standard NTSC-3.58 support is less common (though more newer sets support it) and often results in a black-and-white picture when viewed on a PAL TV set. However, this issue (the lack of colour, or having to convert the video to PAL-60) is easily solved by using RGB connections through SCART cables, which are very common in Europe.

#15 paul_phil

paul_phil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:58 PM

Nice find! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users