X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:17 AM

This really makes me laugh:

Someone has taken my SlaYer's Evox Auto-Installer v2.0 and posted it in the newsgroups under the title Xbox.Auto-HDPrep.Tools.V2-DungeonX with the "added" ability to boot the XBMP from the CD as well as a simple swap of all my original apps with slightly newer versions (not even the latest, ha ha ha). Wow, they really must have worked hard at this. laugh.gif

It is funny to see that they did not even bother to change the menu structure or features and have even left in the same "bugs" my January release of v2.0 had. They did manage to bloat the installer to almost twice the size by duplicating the dashboard since they are not smart enough to reuse it.

There is no mention anywhere that this is based (more like 98%) on my installer, let alone a crude rip-off. Some people are too pathetic.

What I am going to love to see is how these guys are going to support their "release", they have no IRC channel, no forum setup, nothing. There are no installation instructions, no detailed descriptions of features, nothing. WHAT A JOKE! I am surprised they did not just point to the 50,000+ hits link of my installer 2.0 for support laugh.gif

Do not be fooled by cheap and pathetic imitations, the real Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.1 will be out soon, fully tested and a lot more reliable than dare I say it, even our own version v2.0.

What do you guys think of this? Post your comments please!

Edited by 1wolf1, 16 April 2003 - 05:59 AM.

#2 Death2001

Death2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:20 AM

what a bunch of loosers, claiming credit for ure good work, let em burn in hell i say! muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#3 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:21 AM

i don't care....

#4 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Apr 16 2003, 05:21 AM)
i don't care....

Apparently you care enough to read my post in it's entirety and then post a reply.

You obviousely care, admit it laugh.gif

#5 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:30 AM

Oh great, another tool for lazy n00bs...

#6 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (shanafan @ Apr 16 2003, 05:30 AM)

Well I am shocked shanafan, this entire forum is for n00bs and it looks like you have attained "X-S Messiah" status after over 3956 posts for these "lazy noobs" hmmm rotfl.gif

#7 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (1wolf1 @ Apr 16 2003, 01:39 AM)
QUOTE (shanafan @ Apr 16 2003, 05:30 AM)

Well I am shocked shanafan, this entire forum is for n00bs and it looks like you have attained "X-S Messiah" status after over 3956 posts for these "lazy noobs" hmmm rotfl.gif

jester.gif I just new people in the scene would take the approach I did. Download every app, BIOS, etc. theirself and do it step-by-step. It can be fun! Was for me.

#8 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:59 AM

I agree with shanafan.

but generally speaking, it is lame to use someone's work (whatever its value) without gibving him credits.
Explanation: my opinion is your installer does no good to scene as we see many noobs setting up their box with it without knowing what the do and come a few later asking why they broke it BUT those people using your installer should have given the credits.

#9 KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:07 AM

I saw that post on newsgroup and it's quite lame indeed, but than again I never quite figure out why people would even need such tools. Is not even remotely hard to install EvoX -- all you need to know is how to burn a CD and using FTP (maybe editing .ini file, but thatís clearly explain in many tutorials). XanTium even recommend that newbie should try to install it themselves so they will at least learn something.

#10 fozzy_uk

fozzy_uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:08 AM

mad.gif Its all right for u guys, it took me days to figure this noob stuff out and then you come along and make it look so easy!!
just kidding everyone who's anyone that uses the group knows wot this is slayer, its not worth stressin.
ps lookin forward to 2.1 biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

#11 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (SillYcoNe @ Apr 16 2003, 05:59 AM)
I agree with shanafan.

but generally speaking, it is lame to use someone's work (whatever its value) without gibving him credits.
Explanation: my opinion is your installer does no good to scene as we see many noobs setting up their box with it without knowing what the do and come a few later asking why they broke it BUT those people using your installer should have given the credits.

Thank you for the credit check SillYcoNe, and believe me I stress to everyone to read, read, read and learn to do yourself. However it does not seem in the nature of people to try to figure something out for themselves it the problem has already been solved and there is a simple and reliable tool or solution for it.

I mean, let's be honest, how many people take apart a car or a PC to learn how it actually works or make their own rather than simply turn it on and just use it?

The proof is paramount in this forum as the same FTP, EvoX, INI, IP, DHCP, MD5, etc... questions are posted thousands of times and no one bothers to read any of the solutions or posted instructions. Everyone just wants instant gratification and a point and click solution. That's what I gave them, while incouraging them to look under the hood.

Edited by 1wolf1, 16 April 2003 - 06:10 AM.

#12 SlaYer

SlaYer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (fozzy_uk @ Apr 16 2003, 06:08 AM)
mad.gif Its all right for u guys, it took me days to figure this noob stuff out and then you come along and make it look so easy!!
just kidding everyone who's anyone that uses the group knows wot this is slayer, its not worth stressin.
ps lookin forward to 2.1 biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

Thanks fozzy_uk, you will not be dissapointed in v2.1 laugh.gif

Just remember to update your mod bios before using it, like I mentioned before...

#13 schlicky

schlicky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:42 AM

I'm waiting for 2.1 cause I'm too lazy to update my bios manually.. will 2.1 update my x2lite to 4796.02 ?

and more importantly, when ?

#14 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 April 2003 - 11:10 AM

iamwithstupid.gif
won't you be too lazy to download the installer ?

#15 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth

Posted 16 April 2003 - 12:39 PM

Well, I for one think Slayers is one of the best tools out there for the scene. I know how to do everything manually but have still used it on occasion for a quick install of a new HDD.

I may not have a whole lot of posts under my belt here, but know what I'm talking about. I think my posts speak for themselves.

So there tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users