tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:56 AM

Tell me why were discussing PS3 in XBOX 360 Forum? sleeping.gif uhh.gif blink.gif

#17 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Nov 9 2005, 05:03 AM)
Tell me why were discussing PS3 in XBOX 360 Forum? sleeping.gif  uhh.gif  blink.gif

View Post

Because we get giddy when we hear such things about the so-called 'Super Computer home solution with organic processing and computing components' (which coincidentally have bitchin' names too!).
Anyone up for some "neurosyptum fentratetrum quadralyphate" memory block coolers??! gift.gif jester.gif

Edited by Carlo210, 09 November 2005 - 05:38 AM.

#18 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:39 AM

reminds me of those DIVX dvd from circuit city back in the day? any body remember those? you kept the dvd but it would self detruct in 4 days! well not self destruct, but it wouldnt play. looks where that is now... NOWHERE! biggrin.gif

#19 MrGone2001

MrGone2001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:29 PM

If true.. wouldn't this mean that Sony would have to maintain an online service for the PS3 to dial into to verify games? So if you don't have an online collection, you wouldn't be able to play games? blink.gif

#20 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Nov 8 2005, 11:03 PM)
Tell me why were discussing PS3 in XBOX 360 Forum? sleeping.gif  uhh.gif  blink.gif

View Post

the way i see it is any mistake a competing company makes is good news for the 360. its been discussed on their desicion not to include a unified online service so why not this? the only difference is that this is purely speculation at this point and has a good chance of not being true. its still good times to poke fun tongue.gif

#21 mastergwaha

mastergwaha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

actually, its a problem with hollywood. anyone read up on Windows Vista?

HDCP PWNS J00!

" HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) is a new method of encrypting the digital (DVI) signal between the origin of the signal (receiver) and the display device. The standard was developed for the home theatre market first, for the purpose of ensuring that digital HD content could not be successfully captured and copied between the HD receiver and the television set that displays the signal.

MS, as you might imagine, intends to support HD DVD and video on all its current operating systems, especially the upcoming Windows Vista. To this end, the company is building support for HDCP into the operating system as part of its suite of DRM (Digital Rights Management) abilities called Output Content Protection Management (OCPM)."

This means you'll need a NEW TV, NEW monitor, NEW EVERY fucking thing in order to view new HD movies. And supposedly is going to be hardwired into Vista FORCING you to comply mad.gif

dont see how ANYONE is gonna pull this wool over our eyes....

#22 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(mastergwaha @ Nov 9 2005, 02:32 PM)
actually, its a problem with hollywood. anyone read up on Windows Vista?

HDCP PWNS J00!

" HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) is a new method of encrypting the  digital (DVI) signal between the origin of the signal (receiver) and the display device. The standard was developed for the home theatre market first, for the purpose of ensuring that digital HD content could not be successfully captured and copied between the HD receiver and the television set that displays the signal.

MS, as you might imagine, intends to support HD DVD and video on all its current operating systems, especially the upcoming Windows Vista. To this end, the company is building support for HDCP into the operating system as part of its suite of DRM (Digital Rights Management) abilities called Output Content Protection Management (OCPM)."

This means you'll need a NEW TV, NEW monitor, NEW EVERY fucking thing in order to view new HD movies. And supposedly is going to be hardwired into Vista FORCING you to comply  mad.gif

dont see how ANYONE is gonna pull this wool over our eyes....

View Post

thats hardly an issue for me as i dont have the $$ to jump on the HD movie bandwagon. it was already stated that HD-DVD will also require HDCP support, though it isnt confirmed yet (as far as i know) and thats not the man issue. even if it is true there is nothing saying that HD-DVD players cant play used movies, the same cant be said about blue-ray players. there is so much that isnt known about the next gen DVD format that its a big part of the reason im staying away from it. ill be happy with my gaming and thats all that im thinking of right now. when im in the market to buy a new theatre system, only then will i worry about what player and TV to buy (even though im buying a HDTV for the 360 tongue.gif ). if im forced to buy a bue-ray player i wont be happy, not only because its sony but because i dont think its as convenient for consumers as HD-DVD is, too much room for error and issues with that format IMO.

#23 mastergwaha

mastergwaha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

what im saying is that because of this HDCP crap, these are the kind of levels companies are going to try and take it to. i dont see how anyone could afford that bullshit. Sony is batting now, but MS is on deck and god knows who else will try and curb our file sharing.

i just dont see how they can get away with even the IDEA of this?!

#24 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

the problem wiht all this DRM shit is that big companies think copy right means when you buyit...we still own it, and you cant do shit wiht it.

so sony has recently done this kind of thing wiht their music cd's and got alot of shit for adding their spy war to your computer so you canr rip or copy the cd....
this is the next step in the line of keeping "piracy" down.

hollywood also wants in...in limiting what kind of signal analog / digital devices can send and recive so NO copys of ANY meda can be made unless you have the proper authorization or high end studio equipment.

expect to see alot more freedom crippling media in years to come....

its like buying a painting and the person you bought it from saying you are the only one who can look at it and you can only hang it in the bathroom other wise ill sue you and punch your mom in the face...

#25 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

Haha, Sony won't use this in their games. And they sure as hell won't use it in their movies. It would be the end of their rental exposure. The only way they would implement this is if games cost $5.00

Then it would have shades of the old Divx format at Circuit City.

Then again, I don't see any other way this would be beneficial to the consumer... huh.gif

#26 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

Sony should stop shooting itself in the foot and just aim for its face.

laugh.gif

Edited by LowProfileWurm, 09 November 2005 - 11:22 PM.

#27 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 9 2005, 05:27 PM)

laugh.gif

View Post

lmao laugh.gif that is a classic one.

i dont think it will be used for the games but it is more of a possibility for their blue-ray movies. like it was said they already have anti-copy programs on their CDs.

#28 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 9 2005, 04:27 PM)

laugh.gif

View Post

That one deserves some pop.gif

#29 atomheartmother

atomheartmother

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:woman booze hairy chickens ohh and XBOX!!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:44 AM

well I am to tired to read everyones elses post just to add a bit of another opinion but here it is. First blu-ray will require a new tv to get what you are paying for flat out...DUMB I just bought a plasma 52" and have 2 other hdtvs and I am not buying another anytime soon.
Next as for the used game issue it is 100% possible if not stupid, this is why. Consider this used games were illegal in many countries up untill recently (some still are), they would rather you buy a new one which allows the money spent to go to the companies that sold them rather than a 3rd party game store. This is a fact. Sony always supported these practices due to their getting more royalties.
This would be another way to copy protect.
This is gonna be a dumb as hell idea but dont be surprised, I would not doudt if it acts as early divx movies that you bought and dispossed of that circuit city carried. Stupid
They could make it to where you insert game, iot writes the key to the disk connecting it to your PS3 and that is the only system that will be able to access it.
Blu ray is a bunch of shit in my opinion.

Edited by atomheartmother, 10 November 2005 - 03:46 AM.

#30 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:27 AM

i call this bs. i can think of 50-100 ways this wouldnt work. in my room alone i have 5 dvd players. all the places who make money from used or rentals. there is no way they can do something like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users