6 replies to this topic

#1 sicXness

sicXness

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:19 AM

I found this tut: http://www.xbox-scen...ip-hdd-swap.php .
I was wondering, when it says to shut down your PC and remove all drives and so on, does it mean that I'm conna hafta open up my PC and connect the new HDD, that is to be formated, to my PC?
If so, is there an easier way to go about this chipless?

#2 nick81

nick81

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:42 AM

if you dont have a modded xbox... what are you going to do with another harddrive? i recommend getting a chip since it will let you do so much more with the xbox. if you dont wanna go through chipping and all that... im sure you have heard of softmodding.

im saying this because some people have sceweed up...

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:52 PM

yes, you have to use your PC to set up an HD if you dont have a chip

if you have a chip you can set up the HD on your xbox

sometimes it boggles me how people want to mod their xboxes, but they dont want to open them, they dont want to take the side panel off their PC, they dont want to pay for a modchip but they dont want to risk messing up a softmod, but they dont want to pay someone else to do it either

lets face it, xbox modding is a hobby, and hobbies require investments of both time and money, if you dont want to do this then maybe having a modded xbox just isnt for you

sorry about the rant, its not all directed at you, mainly to the emails and IMs an PMs i get all the time

#4 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Nov 9 2005, 04:59 PM)
yes, you have to use your PC to set up an HD if you dont have a chip

if you have a chip you can set up the HD on your xbox
sometimes it boggles me how people want to mod their xboxes, but they dont want to open them, they dont want to take the side panel off their PC, they dont want to pay for a modchip but they dont want to risk messing up a softmod, but they dont want to pay someone else to do it either

lets face it, xbox modding is a hobby, and hobbies require investments of both time and money, if you dont want to do this then maybe having a modded xbox just isnt for you
sorry about the rant, its not all directed at you, mainly to the emails and IMs an PMs i get all the time

View Post

Exactly. Some people act like they're afraid of dust getting in. I leave the side of my PC off, simply because I swap stuff in and out way too often for its own good!

There is a hole in the front of my PC where I swapped my old CD burner for a HDD so I could have 3 to setup a Vista Dual-Boot without touching XP. I could open my iPod with a guitar pick if I chose too. My controllers have been taken apart simply to remove that irritating little crumb that somehow gets inside. Come on, I take the front off of my xbox with a spoon for fucks sake!

I feel better now.

#5 sicXness

sicXness

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:39 PM

lol, damn guys. Chill. I open up my xbox all the time. I just don't have a soldering gun or the money for one and a chip, I have soft mod'd before and know how to, I was just asking if I need to put the HDD into my PC to format it, and was wondering how that would work. Would I just put it in in place of the current one, and then windows would just see it as empty with no program files and such? Then use the bootable floppy it says to create? And on that, would a CD-R with the same files work? Cuz my comp is all stock and has no floppy drive, sad, but true.

#6 sicXness

sicXness

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:38 AM

so...

#7 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:45 AM

Just get the eeprom data off of the softmodded hdd, and use that with xboxhdm to lock and softmod on your PC....look for xboxhdm guides and you will understand what is needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users